THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just signed up for US Handicap yesterday. First time having an official Handicap. Entered past 27 rounds and came out with a 7.0. Its a starting point. Definitely going to be putting in more work to get that down before end of the year.

At the start of the season, after an OK winter, I set myself the target of getting to 18 from 24. Since the season started, I've had a succession of raises, only two scores in buffer. Despite numerous lessons and lots of structured practice, improvements are not happening, score and play is getting worse, fun is not being had.
I said at the time 18 or bust, bust has arrived, I'm out.

I am happy my game travels. I tested it this weekend on a couple of courses that provided a challenge and I've never seen. Posted decent scores for both rounds, but could have been lower.

This is something I would not have thought of prior to coming to THP, but may be more important to me than a handicap number. Congrats on that!

Under a 20 Handicap for the first time ever.

Down to a 19.3

.4 more down and ill accomplish my 2014 goal 4 months early.

After my round today, OOB has me at 29.2. I dropped a stroke and a half this week! Slow, but definitely steady progress.

Holding steady at 10.5. After yesterday's round I'm trending to 10.4. Almost at my goal for the year.

Trending to 8.4 after todays round!

Officially trending to 9.6 heading into the MC......not exactly where I wanted to be but I'll take it.

Sitting at 11.1, but trending to 11.5 after today's round.

Trending to 11.1 after todays round. Lately it seems like my handicap is taking huge drops when I turn in a good round, but holds steady when I turn in a bad one. It kind of makes me wonder how accurate that 11.1 is.

At the start of the season, after an OK winter, I set myself the target of getting to 18 from 24. Since the season started, I've had a succession of raises, only two scores in buffer. Despite numerous lessons and lots of structured practice, improvements are not happening, score and play is getting worse, fun is not being had.

dont take it like that JJJ, if you are not having fun anymore, just take a break, we both know you are gonna get that itch again very soon. and its gonna come back, we can't improve every week/moth of year, there are some setbacks, its part of the game

Trending to a 7.6 after some real good golf the past several days. 3 of my next 4 rounds will push off scores that count towards my index, though, and 2 of those scores are low. Have to keep the good play continuing. Have a chance to push index to a new record low.

Tending up to an 11.8.from 11.5 but that's expected with my last 3 rounds being as bad as they were.

Currently in the process of getting my first handicap (the 17 on my profile is a hopeful guess for the moment!) - just had the first at a 90 with two birdies and two horror shows. Hoping for 17 or so, but the aim is 15 by the end of the year. Should be very doable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Going down!

Finally sub 20, and falling!

Started year at just about 36, I will take it!!!

I played what I thought was a pretty mediocre 9 hole round today - 3 really dumb blowup holes ruined the round. But thanks to playing from back tees I am actually trending down a tick after the round.

After no golf for three weeks a solid round out of the gates and trending to 18.3 from 18.8. I can't believe I started the season at 23.2 and last year started at a 28. Ten strokes in less than two years.

It can be counterproductive to get too focused on results. Fairways and greens, fairways and greens. If you hit a bad shot only be forward thinking. How am I going to make par from here? And beer. That helps too. Hang in there buddy, we've all been there.

Wont be much movement this update as only one card has gone in. Going from 10.7 - 10.6.

Put my card in yesterday after our round at my club, but doubt it would be changing as I shot a nett level par round....again.....

A couple of bad holes on the back 9 (when the rain came down for a few holes) cost me, but it is good to know the potential for stepping over that next barrier is getting closer

Well after this weekend, I probably won't get another round in for the month, I am trending from a 11.5 to 11.6 so not terribly bad, I posted some big numbers this past week so I figured to go up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back