You vs. Younger You

You vs. Younger You

i'm not sure who'd win...but the younger me would certainly ache less after a round.

Great question!!

Im with you Martsy.

I'm in my 50's started at 17.

I think it would be a pretty close match. Younger me longer all the way through the bag. Eagles followed by 10's.

Older me more accurate and better course Management.

So I say it would go extra holes and younger me wins, when older me falls asleep on the bench of the 7th playoff hole.

Last edited:
Younger me was awful so old me would win.

The current me would take the younger me to the woodshed. No doubt about it.

30 - 40 year old me would send my old crippled arse to the woodshed every time !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30 - 40 year old me would send my old crippled arse to the woodshed every time !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with this. 49 and a half now and although I play smarter golf usually now, I do that out of necessity because I don't have the game to overpower a course anymore.

I would get beat so bad by younger me. Younger me hit the ball much farther and had a decent short game since I played so much. Granted my game is in the best spot it has been in years however I am still a good bit higher handicap than I was when I was 20.

I've only been playing seriously for 5yrs now so the younger me would lose. I can say though in just 5yrs of aging I wish I had the 5yrs younger body :).

My current me would crush my younger me with no problems.
I am twice as old, but I am twice the player I was when I was 20-25 and my handicap shows it.
Back then I was lucky to break 95, now I am disappointed when I shoot over 80.

I took up the game at 23. I'm now 41. I could beat myself at all ages up until 39 with ease. 39 and 40 would be harder but I could still do it.

And I hope that my 45 year old self can beat the tar out of me today.

With the equipment of the time, 50 me beats 30 me and hammers 18 me.
Same equipment, 30 me just has a better body and squeaks it out over 50 me. 18 me shoots another 110.

The skills and knowledge have improved. The platform has not.

Assuming current equipment the 50 me probably still wins because mid-20's me had a swing based on all sorts of compensations. I can say that mid-20's me would have a lot of fun going bomb & gouge with the current equipment and the big high cut I played back then.

Due to my couple years off from golf, 16 yr old me would beat me now, but it'd be close and down to the wire.

only 30 but i played alot from age of 14-20. young me would kick old me's ass but only because i took it so seriously back then and practiced all the time, also did it with a set of cheapo second hand $50 clubs and just a decent driver lol. having not played for close to 10 years and now starting to get bacl into it. with my first ever brand new clubs i think its going to be close give it a few years lol

Very interesting thread. I'd kill my younger self, just because my iron and short game is so much better. I was sooo much longer off the tee then, but I didn't play much at all, and was directionally challenged. I would tell people to hide their kids and pets when I was teeing off haha. The only iron I could hit then was a train with a wayward shank. Only thing I wish, other than the length, I could have now that I had then is putting. Younger me was a really good putter... now, it's probably keeping me from a single digit HC.

I never took lessons and my progression has been pretty slow and steady from year to year, scoring wise.

So the 46 year old me would beat any younger version of myself more often than not. But what I'd love to incorporate is the late 20's version of my compact swing. Although my swing is more efficient and powerful overall now through impact, my backswing and set at the top was better then.

Mental block, I can't do it anymore as I can get too long and loose. But if I could, I'm sure the scores would come down more.

The younger me could teach me a thing or two about putting that is for sure. I used to only miss maybe 1 in 10 inside 8'.

As for the rest I think at this point I may loose to my younger self or at least it would be close. I am as good tee to green as I have ever been, I just lack some of the speed and power I once had.

Past me would buy every ball in my bag at the end of the round too. Balata and wound balls got chewed up and knocked out of round pretty easy. One bad swing and you were putting a new ball in play.

Back