Me vs Luke Donald

BRISTOL86

Reaction score
As a newbie golfer who is struggling with a swing, I thought it would be an "interesting" learning activity to compare my positions through the swing versus a professional golfer. I chose a golfer I really like to make it interesting, who was around the same height as me - Luke Donald.

It's embarassing when you feel like you're doing one thing and then see that you're doing nothing like it :embarrassed: but I guess that's how we learn, right?

So here is my morph with Mr Donald :D

cfd0ab241e9386f7f4fbd245f7c24e83.png

Clearly I'm taking the club up MUCH too vertically, and not around my body enough. That's the one thing I notice the most from studying this sequence. In addition it's clear I'm slumping my shoulders too much and not keeping that spine straight enough.

It's nice having those couple of observations to work on, and not have a million thoughts going through my head when I'm hitting balls. Will be good to get to the range with just one or two things to think about/work on.

That's pretty cool. The first thing I noticed is the coming over the top on the downswing.

This is really cool use of overlay. Did you use a particular app or software?

Very interesting. Curious as to how you did this (software, app etc)

That's pretty awesome, also interested in how you created this. I'm about the same size as Rory and have been comparing our swings with v1 software, but I think what you've done makes it easier to see the differences.

I like what you did, I can help you of your interested. Post a video in 'swing tips with Freddie kong'

Thanks guys! I just used Photoshop. I took a video of myself, and took some screen grabs at various points. I then found a video on YouTube from a similar angle, and just cut and pasted from screenshots over the top. By setting the opacity of the Luke Donald pics to 50%, they turn into "Ghost Luke" so you can see through to my set up :D

I like what you did, I can help you of your interested. Post a video in 'swing tips with Freddie kong'

Thanks Tadashi, that would be great - here is my video!

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?60870-Please-Critique-my-Swing

Thank you

Back