Looks like there's competition! New stat tracker

dizzyg12

Reaction score
Handicap
https://arccosgolf.com

No need to wear or tap a device like the other system. I like that. But replacing 14 batteries every 50 rounds. I don't know about that. And not sure about how it handles chipping with a 8i or a hybrid etc. As far as the averages go.

The sensors are also a bit bigger but very light it seems.

Last time callaway had anything to do with a gps and stats (upro mx) it was an epic fail. Maybe partnering up was a good idea this time around?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks very cool, pity it's iPhone only. I imagine something like this would make you see your game in a whole new light.

Looks really cool. I would love to give this a go but can't see $300 benefit to my game. Surely an android app is in the works.

Since callaway has something to do with it I bet we see a THP review.

Looks really cool. I would love to give this a go but can't see $300 benefit to my game. Surely an android app is in the works.
Kind of my thoughts as well. Even if I had a spare $300, I can think of many other things to spend that money on other than something that would keep stats that I can do on the scorecard. Sure it adds a little simplicity to the process and gives much extra data, but the cost is just way too high. I do like the ability to track distances for each shot with each club, but again, not for $300.

Seems like a good system, up until this year I never worried or cared about distances or stats ect. But after recieving a gps watch, playing without one I feel naked. The ground marking are usally off by 1 club which is a big difference. It helps to know all these numbers to improve. A little too pricey for me right now, but not counting this out.

Thank goodness I use a Windows phone...or I'd be $300 lighter today

Unless you have that kind of cash laying around why would anyone pay that much to track stats when apps and good old spreadsheets can do the same. Track notes let you keep driving distances for 4 rounds per book. GPS watches can give you distances for each club hit. Not mention apps like golf logic and nike's ng360 can do a lot of that

Unless you have that kind of cash laying around why would anyone pay that much to track stats when apps and good old spreadsheets can do the same. Track notes let you keep driving distances for 4 rounds per book. GPS watches can give you distances for each club hit. Not mention apps like golf logic and nike's ng360 can do a lot of that

Convenience. I find tracking distances for each club using swing-by-swing (which i think is a great app!) detracts from my enjoyment of the game. I don't know if this is the next $300 I'll dump into golf, but I'm interested.

i like where this is heading.... i didn't like the idea of tapping something cause i know i would forget a lot like everyone i know that has that app. i think i could see myself getting this if it works as well as they claim it does.... i am curious how they know if you go OB or into a lake and if you are dropping... i guess you have to get your phone out and let it know? i also am worried about putting from the fringe or fairway and how that would affect your putting stats. i mean theres a lot of questions like pelz shots with your wedges does that affect your "wedge distance" and what not. but its pretty cool i know i'd love to know my average driving distance and stuff and i do love tracking stats with my golfshot app currently. but this year i don't think i've used it for more than 2 rounds because i just haven't wanted to deal with typing on my phone after every hole.

i like where this is heading.... i didn't like the idea of tapping something cause i know i would forget a lot like everyone i know that has that app. i think i could see myself getting this if it works as well as they claim it does.... i am curious how they know if you go OB or into a lake and if you are dropping... i guess you have to get your phone out and let it know? i also am worried about putting from the fringe or fairway and how that would affect your putting stats. i mean theres a lot of questions like pelz shots with your wedges does that affect your "wedge distance" and what not. but its pretty cool i know i'd love to know my average driving distance and stuff and i do love tracking stats with my golfshot app currently. but this year i don't think i've used it for more than 2 rounds because i just haven't wanted to deal with typing on my phone after every hole.

I wonder that stuff as well. I read the FAQ and it doesn't specifically address them but it references their algorithms for some other issues like gimme putts and such so I would venture a guess and say it's in the software somewhere.

Sounds "smarter" than the game golf and definitely easier.

This intrigues me for sure!
Will be watching and waiting to learn more!

I can't tell how this works from their FAQ. How does it know you hit a ball? What if you take practice swings with one club then switch to another to actually hit the ball? What if you are taking practice swings nowhere near your ball while waiting for another player to hit?

I'm just not sure how it determines an actual stroke without some kind of acknowledgement from the player.

Who knows, they talk about the "Arccos Magic" several times in the FAQ. Maybe it really is magic.

Either way, I'm a stats freak! I can't wait to learn more.

The handicap equivalent feature for each facet of the game is great. Combine your stats and shots with shot-by-shot to get an idea of how much improvement is needed in each area to reach your goals.

Here's a review I found after googling Arccos Golf

http://breakingeighty.com/arccos-golf-pre-release-review

I can't tell how this works from their FAQ. How does it know you hit a ball? What if you take practice swings with one club then switch to another to actually hit the ball? What if you are taking practice swings nowhere near your ball while waiting for another player to hit?

I'm just not sure how it determines an actual stroke without some kind of acknowledgement from the player.

Who knows, they talk about the "Arccos Magic" several times in the FAQ. Maybe it really is magic.

Either way, I'm a stats freak! I can't wait to learn more.

They make mention of their algorithms for practice swings. I'm guessing again but sensors can probably tell from the vibration of the shaft from a ball which is different than a practice swing hitting the ground.

I like the concept! Going to give it some time and see how it does ... slowly learning not to jump on the latest cool thing ... there has to be a 12 step program for people like me.

If you find that 12 step program let me know, I have that issue when it comes to drivers, always looking for that something extra when in reality the difference is hardly noticeable most of the time.

very intrigued..still don't understand how it figures out how far you hit the ball...that makes no sense to me.

cool idea

very intrigued..still don't understand how it figures out how far you hit the ball...that makes no sense to me.

It uses GPS to track the distance between the location of your current shot and the location of your next shot.

Something else I thought of today after I played, how does this know when you hit 'goofy' shots? Stuff like 3/4 swings, 1/2 grips, knockdown shots. I wonder if you are able to adjust it afterwards so that you get a realistic distance. If I make an 8-iron play like a 9-iron, I don't know that I would want to see that shot go in as part of an average 8-iron distance since it was not an 8-iron shot.

LOVE where this tech is going!!! these are all generation 1 stuff...next three iterations will be incredible!!

I can easily see a day where there is a bluetooth/RFID/GPS or other such device even in a ball...which would give all the data, as well as help people find them...

Back