No flight with driver

Borrowing my brothers 10.5 king cobra for my round Sunday. Also an older model might be 220cc. His is a ultra light flex mine is stiff. I'll take it to the range tomorrow. I've witnessed him driving 290 yd greens with it, but he's the gifted one.:at-wits-end:

Played 9 today. Used the 10.5 cobra. 6 of 7 fir. One I missed I drove it past the dogleg. Nice deep ball flight. Had 2 pars and 4 other par putts miss by 2". Amazing what a good tee shot does for your game.

Look at it like this, nowadays tour pros are playing more loft in their drivers so why would an amateur not. With 8* you need a swing speed in the 115+ range. Cobra has good drivers to get the ball in the air. Between the Biocell, Cleveland 588 Altitude g25 soon the g30 and SLDR S those are easy to hit drivers and will give added distance and accuracy.

Look at it like this, nowadays tour pros are playing more loft in their drivers so why would an amateur not. With 8* you need a swing speed in the 115+ range. Cobra has good drivers to get the ball in the air. Between the Biocell, Cleveland 588 Altitude g25 soon the g30 and SLDR S those are easy to hit drivers and will give added distance and accuracy.

Should be noted that swing speed is not the only factor used to select driver loft.

Should be noted that swing speed is not the only factor used to select driver loft.
Sounds like he's looking at the super in depth charts hanging at Dicks haha

Sounds like he's looking at the super in depth charts hanging at Dicks haha

It's an old school way of thinking. But modern equipment has rendered that thinking worthless.

I used to play a 8.5* driver. However I couldn't hit it to save my life, and therefor went driver less for a couple years. When I decided to buy a new one and found a good deal, I went up to 9.5* (big jump I know) there were other factors as well, but I was hitting it better, and loved the height my drive got. Even with that driver I changed my AoA and only improved. I just recently in the last week bought a 10.5* RBZ Stage 2 and have it currently set to 11* (stamped degrees mind you) and still have gotten even better on drives.

Swing speed/ball speed are factors uses along with launch angle, spin rate, smash factor, descending angle of ball are whats used in a majority of driver fittings.

Back