Orlando Area in August?

Has anybody played Southern Dunes? I heard it's fun.

I've never been, but it certainly had a lot of accolades. Not sure how well you can judge a course by the hand picked photos on their site, but looks nice.

One of my favorites in the area, top 5 courses in the state for me. Great layout with excellent greens, pace of play is even good.

One of my favorites in the area, top 5 courses in the state for me. Great layout with excellent greens, pace of play is even good.
It's funny you say that. My buddy said the same thing, including that it was in his Florida top 5.

Never played there and wouldn't mind but thats kinda far for those guys coming from up north and throwing about 45 mins more to their drive. What about Grand Cypress or Mystic Dunes, Grand Vista? They may be a little more money but might be the easiest for the north guys and south guys to get to. All of them are not far from I4

Rates seem reasonable and close enough to I4. Maybe acall couldget evenbetter prices for a group. Look to be some decent hotel rates at exit 55 too.

Cant make it guys. My non-THP fantasy football draft is the 23rd. Hit 'em well.

Am I the only one looking at a hotel for this?

Am I the only one looking at a hotel for this?
Pretty sure Penglyns is looking to just drive in for the day. I know he said he didn't want to leave too early and that might tack on at least another 1/2 hour to his drive.

Never played there and wouldn't mind but thats kinda far for those guys coming from up north and throwing about 45 mins more to their drive. What about Grand Cypress or Mystic Dunes, Grand Vista? They may be a little more money but might be the easiest for the north guys and south guys to get to. All of them are not far from I4

It's only 15-20 minutes from the area of the courses you mentioned.

It doesn't matter where for me, but I certainly wouldn't rule southern Dunes out over a few minutes. I'm guessing you mean grande Pines not grande Vista, I would put that near the bottom of the list. Just my opinion.

It's only 15-20 minutes from the area of the courses you mentioned.

It doesn't matter where for me, but I certainly wouldn't rule southern Dunes out over a few minutes. I'm guessing you mean grande Pines not grande Vista, I would put that near the bottom of the list. Just my opinion.
Yes, and ya I would use that as a lower option.

Just looked at the distance from I4 where you would exit for Grand Cypress to southern Dunes and its saying 35 mins. That would have to be something Penglyns would have to decide if its good. For me its only 45 mins so I'm good with it.

I also added Jeff to the list because why not.

Sadly I am going to miss this . I am in NY that weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly I am going to miss this . I am in NY that weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That stinks, sorry you won't be able to make it.

Cant make it guys. My non-THP fantasy football draft is the 23rd. Hit 'em well.
If this were Facebook I would like your post just so I could unlike it.

Orlando Area in August?

I can make it to wherever. The turnpike might be faster for me than i4 if we go with southern dunes. ? It would take more like three hours.

If there were a closer option I might prefer it but I've heard good things about southern dunes.

I haven't decided on a hotel. I'd prefer to drive day-of just to make it easier on my wife with the boy but if it makes more sense I'll look for jewelry on my way home haha

I might grab a hotel. The Grand Cypress (hotel) has reasonable rates for that weekend.

I have heard great things about the Waldorf course. It looks like we might be able to play for $75-$85.

I will be out of town that weekend. Enjoy guys.

I might grab a hotel. The Grand Cypress (hotel) has reasonable rates for that weekend.

I have heard great things about the Waldorf course. It looks like we might be able to play for $75-$85.

On golf now Waldorf is even cheaper for the the Orlando guys, that sounds like a good option to me, especially if they would meet the GN rate.

Celebration is also 40 with a free lunch, that is a fun course.

It looks like the New Course will be punched that week, and it looks like getting a time at the N/S could be difficult.

Waldorf or Celebration would be fine with me. Never played either. Heard both are nice. Much closer than Haines city. :)

Back