TMag SLDR TS vs. SLDR Mini Driver

_bam_

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello All.

I have been pondering a shake up at the top end of my bag. I have the SLDR TS 13* and it is a great club. I use 3w off the tee 70% of the time.

I tried the Mini a while back and it just would not out perform the TS. I'm wondering if an aftermarket shaft (I have a Matrix Rul 60 waiting to be put into action) would put the Mini on top.

Anyone have input on how the Mini Driver does with an aftermarket as compared to the stock shaft and/or against a TS?

I think a few guys in the 2014 Morgan Cup put aftermarket shafts in their Minis. Hopefully they have input for you.

I played my Mini Driver 14 with a Kai'Li 70 shaft. I don't know how it would have compared to the stock shaft in real world conditions, but I was looking for something to help get me a flatter flight. I hit it off the tee 7 times over the weekend and found the fairway each time. That is what the club is for me, something that can find the fairway when things aren't going right. For the shaft, it's the same I had put in my 4 wood so the weight would match nicely.

I played my Mini Driver 14 with a Kai'Li 70 shaft. I don't know how it would have compared to the stock shaft in real world conditions, but I was looking for something to help get me a flatter flight. I hit it off the tee 7 times over the weekend and found the fairway each time. That is what the club is for me, something that can find the fairway when things aren't going right. For the shaft, it's the same I had put in my 4 wood so the weight would match nicely.

How was your distance with the setup compared to a normal 3w?

How was your distance with the setup compared to a normal 3w?

slightly better. Not driver distance though. I will be able to give you more info as I get out more with it.

I have a Mini with a ATX Tour Green in it and it is a beast i had the same shaft in a 15* SLDR FW and it was nice but the Mini is more forgiving and longer straighter so i pulled the 3 and 5 wood and switched to mini 14* and 3HL(4 wood) wich is a great combo

I had the TP shaft in my mini and it gave me too high of a ball flight and spun a little to much when i first tried it with the stock shaft i hated the feel of the stock shaft but i have a very aggressive swing

Back