Best/Worst Marketing Of The Year So Far

they're memorable...which is the most important aspect of a commercial. If they weren't memorable, they wouldn't be everyone's worst choice here, so they clearly made an impact. If the product was a hit...the tune would be changing significantly. I guess it comes down to, are we talking about marketing or art? Two different categories in my opinion, and pretty sure you're referring to the latter.

Marketing needs results to say in ANY way whether or not it was a success. Given the results of the product, there is no way someone can claim the marketing was a success regardless of how memorable it was. Being universally disliked (generalization) as a commercial, does not mean good marketing.

Best: Bridgestone pirate commercial with Paula and Feherty. Got the message out about no "hook" well enough that people I see playing the e6 mention that commercial.
Second Best: PGA Tour (marketing the tour) Bubba Watson Doughnut commercial. Actually made me look at their site.

Worst: Speed police TaylorMade commercials.

I think Callaway, Bridgestone, and Srixon/Cleveland have all been really good.

The Jetspeed campaign wasn't very strong in my opinion. They roll out the Speed Police deal and then never really seemed to do much with it.

Callaway has had an amazing year so far with Big Bertha. They had a huge push with the Phil wins you win contest.

I have to agree with most on here that it was JetSpeed.

I'm not sure if it's a "golf" add, but the Master Card commercials with Sneds and Watson are awesome to watch.

As far as equipment goes, best would be Nike RZN technology. I have no idea why, but everytime I see their commercials I think to myself that maybe now it's a good time to try the RZN. And that commercial that goes back in the history if golf is genius.

Worst would TM Jetspeed obviously. Just an awkward campaign.

The big big Bertha payday was a brilliant campaign as well

Best: Big Bertha

Worst: A campaign that never was. TaylorMade's new Tour Prefered balls have won a bunch of tournaments (including the US Open) and rather than capitalize....nothing.

Best: callaway (all around)
Worst: Taylormade (Jetspeed)

Last edited:
honorable mention-Titleist and the ProV1 commercials, im sick and tired of Jim Nantz telling me 1 ball is good for every player out there

But it is...right? Or was I lied to?

Marketing needs results to say in ANY way whether or not it was a success. Given the results of the product, there is no way someone can claim the marketing was a success regardless of how memorable it was. Being universally disliked (generalization) as a commercial, does not mean good marketing.

true, but creative =/ effective. I'm just saying...the worst marketing is the ones you can't remember, or remember what the product was for.

I love Nike's "Play in the now" and the worst is the Dick's SLDR commercial's and Titleist pro v adds.

Best: I liked Bridgestone's "Made in the USA" and I thought they they were overall fun and creative.

Worst: Titleist Pro V and Pro V1. I feel like they've been using the same commercial for years and I'm tired of it. The whole #1 on tour yet also for everyone yet they also have other lines doesn't make sense from a marketing standpoint.

Second Best: PGA Tour (marketing the tour) Bubba Watson Doughnut commercial. Actually made me look at their site

Those commercials were good, I liked all in the series. The website redesign itself is horrible. Wish they had spent more money on the site redesign and less on marketing the redesign.

true, but creative =/ effective. I'm just saying...the worst marketing is the ones you can't remember, or remember what the product was for.
Pop quiz. What were the first two marketing efforts for Jet Speed? Puppets were a 3rd attempt.

Wasnt one Paulina Gretzkey
Pop quiz. What were the first two marketing efforts for Jet Speed? Puppets were a 3rd attempt.

i have no idea...didn't even realize there was another marketing effort. Point JB

p.s. i hate pop quizzes

Didn't the Speed Police pitch launch the Jet Speed line?

Well then lol goes to show how good of a campaign it was

Driver launched in November of last year. Speed Police came out in Feb of this year.

The first things I remember from hearing about the JetSpeed was it used RBZ technology mixed with SLDR technology except the speed slot was filled with the gel.

I feel like there was one with planes and stuff, but don't remember if that was ever on TV. Clearly not memorable campaigns.

Is it the marketing of the jetspeed or the actual club that everyone dislikes? I quite like the club, it is like a better look stage 2 for me.

Calling the sldr mini low spin is the worst marketing for me. It is an out and out lie IMO.

Is it the marketing of the jetspeed or the actual club that everyone dislikes? I quite like the club, it is like a better look stage 2 for me.

Calling the sldr mini low spin is the worst marketing for me. It is an out and out lie IMO.

I don't think anyone is knocking any equipment TaylorMade puts out. I think it's the campaign were talking about right now. I have other issues with TM but as you can tell by my signature they're not that big of an issue lol

Worst: those damn puppets promoting JetSpeed. Just not right.
Best: I do like the Bubba/Hunter Ping TV spots.

Worst is TaylorMade and they have been for the last few years. Product is still good but they sure do seem to be losing touch in my opinion

Best: Callaway they took such a huge step forward the last few years. They are so engaged with the customer and seem to be about having fun rather than a gimmick which I love

Back