Dustin Johnson Taking Leave From Golf

Dude has such game. Could easily get to world #1 with his head straight.

Hope it works out for him.

I hope he gets the help he needs. Then I hope he takes out the trash.

JM

So lets assume he ends up in rehab, does he file for or get a Major Medical Exemption?

for what? His status on the tour is good for another 2 years I believe.

And here I was thinking that DJ and PG would 'settle themselves down.' Assuming what everyone else is assuming, it appears that is not the case. Wayne will not be happy.

~Rock

Doesn't that only help non-exempt players?
Yes and no. It alows exempt players to stretch out the length of their current exemptions and earn enough money based on the season their current exemption would have expired given no wins that earn an exemption. At least I think that is how that works. He would be 2 years exempt based on win from earlier this season. But who knows how long he might be gone..

I wish there was an emoticon that was a head with two fingers pointing at their face and then the person across from them, the symbol that we are on the same page, seeing eye to eye....you know what I mean.
Like this:
8==8
Or this:
187945460.jpg

Drug abuse and cancer...two of my least favorite things. I really hope he is getting help for the right reasons and the rehab takes so he can get his life back in order.

Pretty crazy how well he is doing on tour with these issues. Hope he returns soon and gets things figured out.

4.2 mil & a win this year I think he will be ok

for what? His status on the tour is good for another 2 years I believe.
Yes hes good for 2 years, but its hard telling how long he could be gone. No one thought that Jhonny Vegas would need one when went down with an injury either.

4.2 mil & a win this year I think he will be ok
That logic worked out well for MC Hammer, Rick James, Chris Farley, etc.

Money doesn't last long when you're afflicted with an addiction and/or make poor decisions. Hopefully for DJ he is getting the help he needs (whatever that might be) to be back and be healthy.

Yes hes good for 2 years, but its hard telling how long he could be gone. No one thought that Jhonny Vegas would need one when went down with an injury either.

true. Not sure how it would work. Hopefully we don't have to find out. Perhaps this is going to be more of an Aldon Smith leave of absence than anything else.

Interesting. .not surprised though

That logic worked out well for MC Hammer, Rick James, Chris Farley, etc.

Money doesn't last long when you're afflicted with an addiction and/or make poor decisions. Hopefully for DJ he is getting the help he needs (whatever that might be) to be back and be healthy.
I believe my reply was to a post about his status on tour & needing medical exemption next year .. nothing to do with his financial ability to pay his bills

Hope he gets better and comes back better than before.

He has the most raw talent on the tour bar none.

Hopefully he gets his act together. The world doesnt need another John Daly.

I believe my reply was to post about his status on tour & needing medical exemption next year .. nothing to do with his financial ability to pay his bills
Sorry, I misunderstood.

I just saw this pop up on my Facebook feed. I really enjoy watching Dustin play, I hope he takes care of his personal business and gets back in it as soon as possible. Props for him for stepping aside to put his personal business first.

He has the most raw talent on the tour bar none.

Hopefully he gets his act together. The world doesnt need another John Daly.

That is exactly who came to mind when I heard this. JD took way too long to get his life together. Hoping he stays the path he is on now. Always liked watching that majestic mullet on the range. Lol.

Sad but hope he gets the help he needs. At least he's blessed to have the resources to get real help

DJ and AK can comfort each other in rehab, what a waste of talent, for both of them.

So who is in line to take his spot?

DJ and AK can comfort each other in rehab, what a waste of talent, for both of them.

I don't think those cases are anywhere similar for the most part. Yet.

Back