What brought you to THP?

The 2013 Morgan Cup.

I was looking for a review for Mizuno irons. It was a solid review at that.

Ultimately, the irons didn't help my game. However, finding THP has transformed my game and myself.

Originally it was right after I moved to Houston hoping to find and meet people to play with since I didn't know anyone here. But there is some really good technical knowledge here so I read that. Wish the Houston group was as active as DFW seems to be when it come to actually playing.

I was looking for reviews on the Rocketballz irons.

I was reading up on the TM TP MC irons (the 2010 line). That's why I came, but I stay for the people.

~Rock

jlukes linked THP on another forum where I was a lurker (a New York Giants fan forum) and someone was asking for golf equipment advice. I clicked the link and was hooked. I don't remember it being one particular thread, but I am an information junkie, and there is plenty of that here.

Googled reviews on a set of irons, the rest is history :)

Vegan702 told me about the site and wanted to see some stuff on the R1

DRP3434 lured me in.....

My brother

My buddy hokiegolfer encouraged me to join, and I already knew of the site from reading equipment reviews. Now I'm more active than he is!

researching clubs and tired of the over inflated claims on GolfWRX

You club review writers should be insanely proud reading this thread. Makes it SO clear how great they are when you have all these folks liking the reviews so much that they decide to join (myself included). Bravo!

Ping i20 irons. I had already purchased a set and I stumbled upon that epic review thread. Went to an event a month or two later and I was hooked.

I honestly cannot remember, but it was the best decision I ever made!

Didn't like the other board I was on and came over here while researching clubs. One of the best golf decisions I've made.

Didn't like the other board I was on and came over here while researching clubs. One of the best decisions I've made.

Slight FIFY buddy :act-up:

i20 review thread

To be more specific--I then hung out in DFW thread a ton with sparse involvement elsewhere--then came Morgan cup for this year and everything has changed. Really embracing the full community side of the site now. It was about me to start--now its about THP.

I was researching clubs and the reviews here kept coming up, so I read more, liked what I saw joined and stayed.

Was looking for a golf forum, and saw the first morgan cup, I got hooked

For me that is a two part question.
What brought me to look for a site like THP? The love of the game
What actually brought me here? Google.

I had not played for years, wanted to talk about the game. Found three sites, THP and GolfWRX are the ones I still visit :)

Back