Matrix MFS Orange shaft

Mango Smash

Reaction score
Handicap
Just bought one of these on a whim from eBay and it should come in within the next couple days. Only info the seller had was it is X flex and he believes it is the HT model. I am planning to put this in my driver. Not sure how much difference there is between the LT MT and HT versions. Actual launch will probably be only slightly different between the 3. I am hoping it is the 75g model, but would be fine if it is the 65g model. Does anyone know what this shaft would best compare to in current or older shafts? Most of the reviews are very positive, but no one really compares it to another model.

the MFS is the White/Red/Black tie series if I remember right. Are you talking about a custom painted White Tie?

What I have is pre Ozik series. It was the same colors as the old Orange Crush that KJ used years ago. Apparently it has full zylon layer making it play pretty stout. I will post a picture of it later, but it literally just has Matrix MFS on it in big letters.

Hum..not sure exactly what you have. I would certainly be interested in hear more about it. Wonder if its one of the lower end offerings? Maybe a bridge between the older Ozik and Radix or maybe between the Code Series and Radix Series?

From some of the things I am reading (very limited comparisons) it could be similar to the Altus Xcon or potentially the black tie. I picked it up for $10 so I won't be too disappointed if it doesn't work. Just trying to figure out if I want to put it in my driver or fairway at this point.

Can't go wrong with a Matrix shaft for 10 bucks..

That is what I figured. I play the MFS 40+ shafts in my irons right now. Looking at a set of 115's for my wedges. Hoping to go all Matrix through the bag. Love the feel of their shafts. Had programs, but they launched too high for me. The MFS iron shafts are money in the heads I have them in. Hoping the wood shafts will be the same.

So I just spoke with my Matrix guru and he gave me some info on the shaft. It is their first real attempt at a ultra high end shaft. It has a zylon layer that runs from tip to butt, similar to the TPHDe shafts. It is not in the realm of that shaft as tech has vastly improved since then, but in 2004 the shaft was selling for about $250. It is approx 73 grams and plays to a weak X or strong Stiff flex at 262 CPM. The one I have is the high trajectory model so I am now trying to decide whether to put it in my Driver or tip it a bit and put it in my 4w. It is supposed to be a very smooth shaft that will help lower the spin, which is perfect for me from that description.

Back