DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'll throw it out there again, if T2GRN18 doesn't mind me jumpstarting it.

Who wants to play either Saturday or Sunday Aug 16/17.

I'll start with Renditions since that was mentioned earlier. But feel free to throw out other locations, I know we are all spread out. I'll sort through the responses and see what we have.

CAA_Beat:
I was just about to post the exact same thought! I have 0% chance for the 17th but might be able to finagle the 16th. Renditions would work for me. We can setup another outing in September in Virginia somewhere and start a mini-traveling outing group. I'd like a another crack at Laurel Hills after last year's solstice or even maybe Mattaponi.

MDGH

CAA_Beat:
I was just about to post the exact same thought! I have 0% chance for the 17th but might be able to finagle the 16th. Renditions would work for me. We can setup another outing in September in Virginia somewhere and start a mini-traveling outing group. I'd like a another crack at Laurel Hills after last year's solstice or even maybe Mattaponi.

MDGH
Sounds good. I'm just focusing on August for now. I have this little outing in September with 32 THP'ers on the books already.

CAA_Beat:
Ah that's right, I forgot about your "little outing", LOL.

MDGH

I'll start with Renditions since that was mentioned earlier. But feel free to throw out other locations, I know we are all spread out. I'll sort through the responses and see what we have.

I vote for the 17th. Sundays are usually better for me. Saturday the 16th might work if we play later in the day.

I'm good for that weekend too. Love that course (despite the admitted cheese factor)

Ok sounds like we at least have a foursome leaning toward renditions on the 17th.

To quote JB: "keep them coming"

I will be on vacation with the family in the OBX that weekend. Keep me in mind for other "outings" though in the future.

Can't make the 17th. Sorry for the slow reply. Have family in town.

I will be on vacation with the family in the OBX that weekend. Keep me in mind for other "outings" though in the future.
We have a house down there. It's only an hr from me so if you want to play while you are down in OBX then let me know. Some good tracks down there

We have a house down there. It's only an hr from me so if you want to play while you are down in OBX then let me know. Some good tracks down there
Will do. What part of the OBX? My grandparents have a house at MP3 in Kitty Hawk. Do you rent yours out?

Will do. What part of the OBX? My grandparents have a house at MP3 in Kitty Hawk. Do you rent yours out?
We are at the 11 MP. No we don't. It's been in our family since it was built in the early 80s and my parents (retired and moody) dont rent it out. Although technically its mine and my brother's, we have no say. Almost 40 yrs old and still can't, and don't want to, override the P's lol.

Ok sounds like we at least have a foursome leaning toward renditions on the 17th.

To quote JB: "keep them coming"
Man I wish I could make this bc I really want another chance at this course. Oh well

Weather isn't supposed to be great here this weekend but I am thinking about Pohick next Saturday or Sunday.

Yeah ours has been in our family since 71 my grandparents have since passed and now my relatives are fighting over the house. Needless to say my family doesn't get to stay there. So we are going further south to Frisco

Man I wish I could make this bc I really want another chance at this course. Oh well

Weather isn't supposed to be great here this weekend but I am thinking about Pohick next Saturday or Sunday.
Pohick is always a good track. Nice greens.

Yeah ours has been in our family since 71 my grandparents have since passed and now my relatives are fighting over the house. Needless to say my family doesn't get to stay there. So we are going further south to Frisco
Thankfully when my grandmother passed, my uncle didn't want anything other than cash so we were able to just buy him out. That was when prices spiraled down but his loss. Plus we are the only close ones to it. My parents, brother and his family, and me my wife and son family all live in the same part of chesapeak. Makes for easy access. Have you played The Point? Its just before you cross the bridge to obx. Great place and most of the courses are cheaper on the weekends since thats check in and out days for rentals.

Thankfully when my grandmother passed, my uncle didn't want anything other than cash so we were able to just buy him out. That was when prices spiraled down but his loss. Plus we are the only close ones to it. My parents, brother and his family, and me my wife and son family all live in the same part of chesapeak. Makes for easy access. Have you played The Point? Its just before you cross the bridge to obx. Great place and most of the courses are cheaper on the weekends since thats check in and out days for rentals.

Yep. The Point is nice. Cheaper inland and most people don't want to have to drive far. uploadfromtaptalk1406923357235.jpg

Here is the front of the house right past MP3 on the beach road down from Winks. Used to walk there a lot as a kid

I am down for the 16th...maybe the 17th.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Anyone played Penderbrook lately? One of my buddies asking me about playing a round there.

Anyone played Penderbrook lately? One of my buddies asking me about playing a round there.

Not lately. Unless you consider 12 years lately...ha.

I wasn't a big fan of it then, it just felt crammed in between the townhomes.

That said if it's golf with a buddy, or no golf. I'd take him up on it :)

Been a while for me also but it was beat up pretty bad and just really crowded. It was also on the cheaper side if I remember correctly.

Played River Marsh with some buds and was having one of my better rounds. But unfortunately, sooner or later one reaches the Par 3 number 17. It's like it said to me "think you're playing well huh, get your butt over here, I'll show you". And show me it did, I took a six. Damm, I hate that hole, it should be blown up. However, number 18 must have seen my pain, because it let me par it.

DC MD VA Area Chat

Played River Marsh with some buds and was having one of my better rounds. But unfortunately, sooner or later one reaches the Par 3 number 17. It's like it said to me "think you're playing well huh, get your butt over here, I'll show you". And show me it did, I took a six. Damm, I hate that hole, it should be blown up. However, number 18 must have seen my pain, because it let me par it.

Funny how different holes get different people. I think that hole is more visually intimidating than actually difficult. I just play two clubs longer so probably a 6 iron from the whites and 4 hybrid or 5 wood from the blues. It will usually put me over or on the back part of the green but in all honesty I'm playing for a 4 at worst, so a chip and two or even a 3 putt if I hit the green doesnt break my heart.

I actually find the first par 3 on the back tougher. 13 or something like they with water short and to the right.

Congrats on a good round otherwise.

Last edited:
U didn't put one in the drink ... Did u? Blues or whites? He's right though. Visually intimidating more than anything ... Oh god, all carry over water! Crap better get a water ball!
Just tell yourself that hole is like any other.
Great job on the round!

U didn't put one in the drink ... Did u? Blues or whites? He's right though. Visually intimidating more than anything ... Oh god, all carry over water! Crap better get a water ball!
Just tell yourself that hole is like any other.
Great job on the round!

Water what water. :)

Another thing about this hole. Every year when we play it. It is in a industry tournament.

They have a trap shooting contest on this hole. They fly the clay pigeon out over the water away from the hole. If you hit one of the two targets you get a stroke off your score.

After aiming at those small clay targets hitting that green seems pretty easy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back