Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im back in WNY visiting family and planning to play with my two brothers this Sunday at Seneca Hickory Stick weather permitting. Anyone play there? If so any course knowledge to pass on.
Great course, you will really enjoy playing there.

As for any course knowledge - accuracy is key from what I remember. Not a lot of room for error on the course.

#10 is a dogleg right and don't get greedy off the tee.

If the wind is blowing, 16 and 17 will play tough.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on the course.

Im back in WNY visiting family and planning to play with my two brothers this Sunday at Seneca Hickory Stick weather permitting. Anyone play there? If so any course knowledge to pass on.

Played there 3 or 4 times. Course is usually immaculate. Has some tough greens with false fronts and collection areas. Couple shorter par 4s with water in play. Their website has a great course flyover. Probably my favorite course in the area.

I played 36 on a new course yesterday, and I always struggle the first time at a new course, played 100 in the morning, but it was much better with a 92 in the afternoon.

some hole on that course were just impossible, I was wondering how you guys would handle them.

9th hole is a 460 par four with an uphill drive. the best drive I had on this hole left me with 240 to the pin, and there is a big creek right in front of the green so it was playing like a three shot par 3...

That sounds more like a legitimate par 5 not a par 4, especially with the creek in front. I usually struggle on any par 4 over 400. Nice 92 on round 2 on a new course.

amsmith61 and moosejaa thanks for the feedback. I am getting ready to review the website now. My two brothers haven't played their either. I will be including your comments on my notes in the yardage books I use from Golf Steady. I will post my thoughts on Sunday after the round.

some hole on that course were just impossible, I was wondering how you guys would handle them.

9th hole is a 460 par four with an uphill drive. the best drive I had on this hole left me with 240 to the pin, and there is a big creek right in front of the green so it was playing like a three shot par 3...
I'd pound my driver up inside of 200 yards. Then hook my hybrid dead left into the woods.

Seriously, though. 460 yards uphill with a creek in front? I'd play that as a 3 shot approach backwards (from the hole back). I'd want 100 yards in on the third, so I'd hit 3 wood (fairway finder) off the tee, then from 240 or so I'd hit an 8/9 iron to get me to that 100 yard spot. Stick a 56 degree wedge from there and drop a 5 footer for par.

I'd pound my driver up inside of 200 yards. Then hook my hybrid dead left into the woods.

exactly what I did the first time around

Seriously, though. 460 yards uphill with a creek in front? I'd play that as a 3 shot approach backwards (from the hole back). I'd want 100 yards in on the third, so I'd hit 3 wood (fairway finder) off the tee, then from 240 or so I'd hit an 8/9 iron to get me to that 100 yard spot. Stick a 56 degree wedge from there and drop a 5 footer for par.

thats what I planned to do on the second round, but I managed to skull my 8 iron into the creek, duff my chip after the drop, chip, and miss the 5 footer :banghead:

thats what I planned to do on the second round, but I managed to skull my 8 iron into the creek, duff my chip after the drop, chip, and miss the 5 footer :banghead:
I hear that. There is a large gulf between how I plan to play a hole in my head, and how it actually gets played on the course.

I hear that. There is a large gulf between how I plan to play a hole in my head, and how it actually gets played on the course.

yeah I know, always some surprises, but surprises are fun aren't they?

Left early to get up to Rochester to have my driver / shaft put together finally. Decided to check out The Custom Advantage and they were really nice. Very informative and took the time to explain everything and make sure they set it up to give me the best results. Overall they were great and id recommend them to anyone

Completed my round at Seneca Hickory Stick. Enjoyed the course and the layout was fun but challenging. Greens were a little on the fast side which I struggled to acclimate to but didn't put overly bad. Will definitely try to play again on a future trip back to my hometown.

played in league action tuesday night, 2 mistakes, one double and one bogey cost me the match, good thing putter was on fire, had 13 putts!!! hit one birdie and was 2 over for the round. i was giving 3 shots an opponent was 3 over par. tough to beat someone who gets 3 shots and shot 3 over!

played in league action tuesday night, 2 mistakes, one double and one bogey cost me the match, good thing putter was on fire, had 13 putts!!! hit one birdie and was 2 over for the round. i was giving 3 shots an opponent was 3 over par. tough to beat someone who gets 3 shots and shot 3 over!

That means they're playing right to their handicap! No excuses.

Cut out the double bogey and bogey and you win. What is the problem? ;-)

13 putts though is down right impressive!

Regardless of your match. 13 putts is LEGIT!

That means they're playing right to their handicap! No excuses.

his handicap was 5, mine is a 2, I gave 3 shots I played to my handicap he was 2 shots better and won by 2.

his handicap was 5, mine is a 2, I gave 3 shots I played to my handicap he was 2 shots better and won by 2.

Ah misunderstood. No excuses when you have a Ben hogan 1415 putter that you've used since 1972 and told everyone and their brother about tho! LOL

Regardless of your match. 13 putts is LEGIT!

thanks pete, got to ride the streak while I am hot with the old ben Hogan!!!!! hope the streak never ends :banana:

Ah misunderstood. No excuses when you have a Ben hogan 1415 putter that you've used since 1972 and told everyone and their brother about tho! LOL
if I remember right, the old 1972 ben Hogan put a hurtin' on you last week :banana:

if I remember right, the old 1972 ben Hogan put a hurtin' on you last week :banana:

Just like the SeeMore did on you the week prior and Sunday! :alien:

wow, i see a bet coming here.....lowest total putts next round we play......need something that will make a good bet stand out......any of you guys have any suggestions? that is if mr see-more is willing to take a bet on putting.....lol:bananadance:

wow, i see a bet coming here.....lowest total putts next round we play......need something that will make a good bet stand out......any of you guys have any suggestions? that is if mr see-more is willing to take a bet on putting.....lol:bananadance:
I say a month control of the other person's avatar is perfect. Rocky and Bullwinkle could be in trouble!

But please wait and do this when I am home. I want to be there for this. ;-)

Was there any concrete plans made for the outing when aaron is in town?

What's up fellas? Any golf going on around here any time soon? :D I feel like I need to play at least once this year. Only been to the range twice and haven't really got to touch my clubs other than that.... SMH

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back