Odyssey Tank Putters Review Thread

My tank is in the penalty box after consecutive rounds of 38 putts.

I really like the feel of the insert, and was better judging lag distance than with other heavy putters I have used....but I just can't get anything to drop, doesn't seem to be any 1 particular miss.

My tank is in the penalty box after consecutive rounds of 38 putts.

I really like the feel of the insert, and was better judging lag distance than with other heavy putters I have used....but I just can't get anything to drop, doesn't seem to be any 1 particular miss.
What grip do you have on it?

The tank went back into the bag, I just feel more confident with it and know that I'm going to align right, put a good roll on the ball and have a higher percentage for making them.

That versa alignment is amazing! And the Tank platform can't be beat. I really like having the added weight be the shaft itself.

The tank went back into the bag, I just feel more confident with it and know that I'm going to align right, put a good roll on the ball and have a higher percentage for making them.

That versa alignment is amazing! And the Tank platform can't be beat. I really like having the added weight be the shaft itself.

I took it out of the bag just for a change of pace for a while since I wasn't holing anything (I'll go back to a blade style putter when things start to disappear - don't know why, but it always helps me find my stroke again), but the Tank rolls the ball better than any putter I've ever used. It's back in the bag.

I took it out of the bag just for a change of pace for a while since I wasn't holing anything (I'll go back to a blade style putter when things start to disappear - don't know why, but it always helps me find my stroke again), but the Tank rolls the ball better than any putter I've ever used. It's back in the bag.

I did the same thing. Went to a different CB. But the tank always seems to win out and find its way back in.

Glad to join the Tank party. Got my Versa 7 last night. Felt great in the house on carpet, cant wait to get it on the green.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

You guys made this putter sound so fun I went out and picked up the #7v 38". It's been a while since I used a non blade but the ball is rolling strait. Need to see how well it works for lag putting.

Dropped my putting average by 5 strokes. "5" Strokes!. Also dropped my HDCP by 2 since putting this in the bag. It was a great compliment to the i25 irons I'm gaming now as well.

For lag putting I like to choke up an use it like I'm chipping. I've been in the 3 foot circle 90% of the time using this method. I've holed 40 and 60 footers, and I'm close to 95% on 2 - 3 footers.

This thing is the real deal.

Dropped my putting average by 5 strokes. "5" Strokes!. Also dropped my HDCP by 2 since putting this in the bag. It was a great compliment to the i25 irons I'm gaming now as well.

For lag putting I like to choke up an use it like I'm chipping. I've been in the 3 foot circle 90% of the time using this method. I've holed 40 and 60 footers, and I'm close to 95% on 2 - 3 footers.

This thing is the real deal.

That's really impressive. Glad it's working so welcome you!

Would starting out with a counter balanced club be a bad thing? Started golfing, and ended up with a 36" #7 versa after playing with putters at golf galaxy for several hours...

Would starting out with a counter balanced club be a bad thing? Started golfing, and ended up with a 36" #7 versa after playing with putters at golf galaxy for several hours...

If it works for you, it's never a bad thing. Enjoy the putter!

Figured out how to get the 15" Odyssey branded mid slim 2.0 superstroke grip...have to send in your club to their repair department and they'll put it on...

Figured out how to get the 15" Odyssey branded mid slim 2.0 superstroke grip...have to send in your club to their repair department and they'll put it on...
No matter the putter?

Dunno... I only asked about my tank versa, but I bet they'd do it on any Odyssey putter... I just called and asked them!

Dunno... I only asked about my tank versa, but I bet they'd do it on any Odyssey putter... I just called and asked them!
I'd be curious to do that to my odyssey tank versa 7 as well.

I hadn't been playing the tank for a while since I wasn't going the CB route in the Morgan Cup. Played terribly today, but it was easily my putting that kept me under 100 on the day. I was basically automatic from 5 feet and in. Didn't realize how much I had missed this putter. I have some other putter experiments going, but there is a good chance this stays in my bag for quite a while.

Well, I kept it just under $10 to ship it to them, via USPS. But I had to cut my box down a bit to get it under the 2lb mark. They said shipping back would be $10-$15. When I first called to ask, I was quoted $20, but when I called to place the repair order, she said $30, but when I told her I was originally quoted $20, she just said "OK" and made it $20. So...overall, costs more than the 17" superstrokes, but, it should have the odyssey branding, and it's a mid slim 2.0, and not a flatso...soooo...we'll see! I'll post pictures when I get it back!

Came home today! Now I apparently need to find a good way to cover the end. Turns out the guy I talked to was wrong, and there is no non-cruiser version of the grip :/
Suggestions?

IMAG0221.jpg
IMAG0222.jpg

Be advised if you do this... It took the length of my putter from 36 to 35.5. I never measured it before, something seemed odd, so I measured. There must be a good. 5" of solid rubber at the end of the regular Tank grips?

Last edited:
I posted a WTB Odyssey Tank in the BST forum in case anyone in here doesn't read the BST but has one they want to get rid of :act-up:

Came home today! Now I apparently need to find a good way to cover the end. Turns out the guy I talked to was wrong, and there is no non-cruiser version of the grip :/
Suggestions?

IMAG0221.jpg
IMAG0222.jpg

Be advised if you do this... It took the length of my putter from 36 to 35.5. I never measured it before, something seemed odd, so I measured. There must be a good. 5" of solid rubber at the end of the regular Tank grips?
I want that on my Tank Versa 7 so bad!!!

Love the Odyssey SS grip. Longer than average and the perfect size.

Is that a weight in the end?

I want that on my Tank Versa 7 so bad!!!
It cost me it cost me $20 for the grip and install, which is great. But, I had to ship it there, and the shipping back was $14 :bulgy-eyes:

But, on my 36", I was choking down just enough that my right index finger was off the end of the grip...which, in hindsight, I should have blew off and saved, just incase.
Is that a weight in the end?

Its the original shaft weight of the Tank. I've now got to figure out a nice classy way of covering it...entertaining the idea of cutting threads into it to make a screw in topper...The upside of which would be I could even interchange it at a whim...downside of which...figuring how much weight threading it removes, and how much the resulting machine screw adds...:banghead: But I'm leaning towards..."doesn't matter/I'll have an adjustable shaft weight".

I love this putter. I've been playing Odyssey putters for 13.5 of the 14 years I've been messing with golf. I'm really into the counter balance and think my next putter change will be when they have a metal-x milled version of the tank cruiser. It's not available yet but maybe someday. Till then the #7 versa Tank will keep draining putts for me.

I love this putter. I've been playing Odyssey putters for 13.5 of the 14 years I've been messing with golf. I'm really into the counter balance and think my next putter change will be when they have a metal-x milled version of the tank cruiser. It's not available yet but maybe someday. Till then the #7 versa Tank will keep draining putts for me.

Apologies if I missed this earlier, but what length are you playing the Tank at?

Back