Golf Chick

Golf Fashionista
Reaction score
Handicap
Decreasing
Is anyone much of a computer person? I need to print out something, I've e-mailed it to myself so I can view it at work and print it out in color but when I do print it out, its a blank screen and when I copy and paste it doesn't work. And my programmer is out of the office today so I can't ask him :crying:

Can someone transfer it to another program that will allow me to print it and it won't show up as a blank page?

What type of file is it? (PDF? JPEG (or other graphic)?) Did you save the attached file out of the email and just try to print the file? Or are you trying to print it from within the email?

I tried saving the image, and its a gif file. Can't print directly from the e-mail, I copied and pasted it to a word document, still printed out empty. I tried print screen, that didn't work as I have 2 computer screens and it got both, and was having a hard time manipulating the image to making it bigger so it was legible. Didn't work either :(

I tried saving the image, and its a gif file. Can't print directly from the e-mail, I copied and pasted it to a word document, still printed out empty. I tried print screen, that didn't work as I have 2 computer screens and it got both, and was having a hard time manipulating the image to making it bigger so it was legible. Didn't work either :(

try ctrl+alt+print scrn it will copy what is in your active window/task

also did you attempt to right click on the image and choose print? I don't remember if .gif images work like that or not.

try ctrl+alt+print scrn it will copy what is in your active window/task

also did you attempt to right click on the image and choose print? I don't remember if .gif images work like that or not.

I did, I even converted to a pdf file, absolutely nothing. Its there, I can see it, it just won't print :banghead:

So you're able to save the file to your computer? Just having trouble getting the right program to print it?

Try clicking on the image, right button, copy, go to MS Paint, paste, print.

Try clicking on the image, right button, copy, go to MS Paint, paste, print.

So you're able to save the file to your computer? Just having trouble getting the right program to print it?

Did all that, nothing is working :( Maybe I don't have the right program to print it, but I've got everything on my computer, even photoshop, and still not working :crying:

Does anything get to the printer, even just a blank sheet? Are you printing to an inkjet or a printer that's set up to print graphics? Some laser printers cannot.

I don't know if you've already resorted to google searching but I found this link.

GIF Graphic Printing Options and Alternatives

The problem printing a GIF is that it was designed for digital viewing and not a print format.

Hope this helps.

GC, open the .gif file in Microsoft Office Picture Manager (right click, open with), then go under File/Export...

Under the Export window on the left, you should see a pull down menu "Export with this file format", pull down and select JPEG. Just select a folder to save it to, and whalla!, should be able to print it.

Let me know if that works for ya!

I think I know why its not printing, I think its not meant to be printed because its an evite? But I'm going to print it if its the last thing I do!!!

We have laser printers at work. The funny thing is, it'll print out the text and nothing else, I want the pictures and the graphics too!!

Click in the window of the eVite, do a screen shot (Alt + Print Screen) of the eVite, then paste it into Word, Photoshop, whatever, then prinit it. That should work.

YAY!!! OK, I used the print screen button and pasted it to paint, then I removed the background and did another print screen and then pasted it to paint and was able to do it that way. That was hard work :)

Thanks for all your help and suggestions!! Kudos to everyone :good:

Cool! Glad we could help. Must be a pretty important invitatation!

Cool! Glad we could help. Must be a pretty important invitatation!

It is :) Its for my jewelry show next Friday! Evites have gone out and I printed them out and will use them as flyers as well! Now, I just need to print 100 of them discreetly hmmmmmmm...

It is :) Its for my jewelry show next Friday! Evites have gone out and I printed them out and will use them as flyers as well! Now, I just need to print 100 of them discreetly hmmmmmmm...

Government fraud, waste, and abuse!!!!

Bonknhead will most likely be sending you a bill for his IT help with your small business! :D

Government fraud, waste, and abuse!!!!

Bonknhead will most likely be sending you a bill for his IT help with your small business! :D

Yep, two hour minimum charge for 30 seconds of typing. That'll be $100 please...

Glad you got it to print. :good:

Next time, be sure to use a Mac. Hahaha. Sorry, that's another thread, isn't it... :tongue:

Glad you got it to print. :good:

Next time, be sure to use a Mac. Hahaha. Sorry, that's another thread, isn't it... :tongue:

Funny you mention that, I had a problem with my iPod and it crashed completely so it wiped out everything and was totally dead, couldn't charge it or anything. So I took it to the Apple store and the guy said if I had a Mac I'd never have this problem :laughing:

Yep, two hour minimum charge for 30 seconds of typing. That'll be $100 please...

If/when you come to Southern California, I'll treat you to a soda, I'd say a drink but I don't drink!!

Back