Wearing Sunglasses While Playing Golf

I wear Rayban aviators with prescription lenses (required for me). I find the Rayban's fit well even when swinging (of course, we're supposed to keep our heads stationary)

I have never been one to wear sunglasses on the course. Mostly because my current every day sunglasses (Oakley Five Squared) just didn't seem to work all that well for golf. While they fit my face appropriately enough, there design is such that in my peripheral vision, I can see out of the frames both above and below the glasses/lenses.

Due to a mixup on a trade-in credit, I ended up taking a flyer on a pair of Oakely Flak Jacket XLJ with normal G30 iridium lenses. I wore them yesterday for the first time, and holy cow what a difference! I'm not sure they improved my vision tracking the ball or reading the greens, but the design has my entire vision field behind the lenses...alleviating the "dizzy" effect I got from my other Oakleys where I could see both through and around the lenses. The fit is perfect on my face, and they fit WAY better under my cap as well. I put them on yesterday at 10:00 am and never took them off until the sun went down. I already plan on wearing them exclusively on the course.

Thats awesome...i am in the process of shopping for new sunglasses. I have 2 pairs of Flak Jackets I wear, 1 pair has normal sunglasses lens and the other are polarized. I have been looking at either the G30 or the vr28. The other deciding point is to go black iridium or not. I am leaning g30 as those are the recommended lens for golf.

I tried to wear them but they annoyed me. Not used to having anything other than a hat

Suns out....guns out.

oakley_flakjacketxlj_jetblack_03-915_1.jpg

I wear sunglasses during my entire round of golf. I worked outside when I lived in Phoenix. The desert sun was rough on my eyes, so sunglasses were on my face whenever I was outside (during the day). I think I've made my eyes very sensitive after hiding them behind shades for so long. Even when it's cloudy I find myself wearing them. Oakley Frogskins are my go to pair.

I have tried many times to wear shades while playing golf, but I just can't get comfortable with the dark/light/dark when I swing and see the ball and/or the nose piece on the glasses.

I will wear the shades between shots and then flip the glasses to the back of my head to swing.

I wear my sunglasses for the entire round......

....on my hat. I can't wear them during the round. But I will wear them to the course, and up until the first tee, but then they come off and sit on my hat until I leave and head home.

I have them on between shots but not during. They throw me completely off.

I must be one of the few without sensitive eyes, sunglasses are more of a fashion thing for me than anything else. I wear them on the course or the lake but it doesn't bother me if I forget them. The only time they are a must is spring time sight fishing when I won't leave home without a pair of costa 580g's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wear them almost all the time while golfing. Some sort of Oakleys with golf specific lenses.

I literally become a different golfer with sunglasses on and lose all feel/consistency...

I literally become a different golfer with sunglasses on and lose all feel/consistency...

Same here, I've sometimes played with sunglasses just for fun and with a lot of rum & coke, but when playing to score, I need to take them off.

I'm incredibly light sensitive so if the sun's out my sunglasses go on (polarized Oakley offshoot). I wear them the whole round and see no difference putting with them on or off.

Im a bit like Saffa, if there is a hint of sun they are on for the entire round, I wear dirty dogs and don't have a problem with them. Sometimes if it clouds over ill take them off to try read the greens better, which im not that good at so probably doesn't help haha.

Back