Cobra Baffler XL Fairway Woods and Hybrids Preview

The 5 wood rules! Straight and long for me on an effortless swing. If in the market try these out!

Picked up the 3W. Haven't hit it much but roght now it dont agree with me. Mostly I'm low ball hitter & probably should of went with the 5W

Sure haven't. I would love to get my hands on the irons but my wallet (wife) won't have it.
Better to ask for forgiveness than permission lololol
I never played with a 5W until this year and wow I love it.

Have you tried the hybrids and irons? If not, look out TM (and your wallet). ;)

I have gamed the hybrid earlier in the season and they are just llike the FW. Long and straight. These sticks are highly underrated and could perform up there with the best of them. The glide rails are really good too which is why I felt like I could hit them as well as my old Mashie +.
I have since upgraded to the BiO Cell line, not taking anything away from the Bafflers, just seeing my game improve to where I moved on. Resale is horrid though. I returned both the 5W and 4H only to get enough cash back to pay for my lesson that day.

I received my Baffler XL 3 wood and hit some balls today with it at the range. I can't believe how easy this thing is to hit. Long, strait, and boy do I love the sound this thing makes!

I received my Baffler XL 3 wood and hit some balls today with it at the range. I can't believe how easy this thing is to hit. Long, strait, and boy do I love the sound this thing makes!

The sound is something special. I'm on the hunt for a 3 wood because the 5W is just so automatic for me.

3balls is where I got mine. New opened box for around $119.00

Picked up a Baffler XL 3 Hybo for next to nothing yesterday. I was just destroying this thing on the Foresight at GolfTown and even out hit a few 3 woods with it. The ease with which height and distance are created with this club is crazy fun.

Anyone have experience w/ the Baffler hybrids and the Bio Cells? I am leaning towards some Bio Cell irons and want a 3 & 4 hybrid to go along... Thinking the Bafflers hybrids might be a bit more forgiving...

I previously played the Adams A7 hybrids and had no problem getting them up in the air, could have used a bit more side to side forgiveness though...

Anyone have experience w/ the Baffler hybrids and the Bio Cells? I am leaning towards some Bio Cell irons and want a 3 & 4 hybrid to go along... Thinking the Bafflers hybrids might be a bit more forgiving...

I previously played the Adams A7 hybrids and had no problem getting them up in the air, could have used a bit more side to side forgiveness though...

I've tried both and have a ton of experience with the XL hybrids.

The XL's were better for me from a forgiveness / launch perspective and I had no need for adjustability.

So I traded all my Cleveland clubs into Global Golf and went with the Baffler XL line besides my smart sole wedges and putter. I will miss my beloved Altitudes, but sometimes its just fun to try new products. I hit the bafflers well at Golfsmith and liked them on the course after a friend let me try them. Plus, I broke even on my trade ins and new equipment purchase. Hopefully I don't regret it, but I'll make it work. Plus I'm going to throw some utx' son there

Last edited:
So, I see you have the Cobra Baffler XL Combo set, right? Just curious ... I believe they have a 4H, 5H 6H, then the 7 thru PW are more traditional looking irons. I, too, had Cleveland Altitudes last summer/fall, but traded them in for something different this winter. I picked up a Cobra Baffler XL Driver, 3W, 5W, 3H and 4H last week and have hit them twice since they arrived. Very easy to hit and fairly long ... now I'm considering the combo set ... so any feedback you can offer on the combo set would be very much appreciated (especially any thoughts on the 7-PW, especially compared to the altitude short irons).

Thanks in advance,

Mike
Ft. Mitchell, KY

Will do MPM. I should be getting the clubs in Monday and will start hitting them a few days after that. I, like you, am interested in the shorter iron comparisons. I know Cookie, who has played both, could also provide a more skilled analysis as well.

Quick question ... anyone have any advice on shortening the length of this driver? I'm not a big fan of 46 inch drivers (I prefer a length of 45 inches), and was wondering if anyone here had shortened their Baffler XL, and how they went about doing it? Any advice would be appreciated ...

Mike

Quick question ... anyone have any advice on shortening the length of this driver? I'm not a big fan of 46 inch drivers (I prefer a length of 45 inches), and was wondering if anyone here had shortened their Baffler XL, and how they went about doing it? Any advice would be appreciated ...

Mike

Mike: I had the XL driver and really liked it. It was fine for me at 46. I've cut some of the Cobra Offset drivers down in the past with just a straight butt trim. I didn't even mess with the swing weight, though you could put some lead tape or tungsten stickers on if you have concerns.

I have liked the fairway wood since I first hit it in the store. The prices have come down some, so I just picked up a 3, 5, 7 combo. It will be interesting to see if they can give my current gamers a run for their money. I'm a sucker for the looks and the rails on the XL.

Cobra Baffler XL Fairway Woods and Hybrids Preview

Stumbled across a 5h on the cheap at 3balls.com this week. Came in looking brand new and with an x-stiff Veylix Alpina 673 shaft. I had initial concerns with the shaft, but I just got back from a session at the range and I was thrilled with the height I was seeing out of it. Looks like the 4 iron will be joining it's brother 3 in the closet.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433357523.342901.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1433357542.910743.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1433357554.780041.jpg

Last edited:
Back