Mizuno MP T-10 Wedge Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice review. I've decided on a single specialty wedge this year as an experiment -- since I like to vary shots and I really want to get very familiar with the club. I decided at I would go with a 56*, 10-12* bounce with a good sole grind for flexibility on tight lie flops and the like. I really wanted the MP T-10 but couldn't find one to demo. I finally picked up a CG 12 DSG 56* 2-dot for $80 new. I felt comfortable because I was playing 588 DSG 52/60s. It's a great club but I've always liked the Mizzy feel with wedges as well as irons. I play MP-52s and used to have an MP-T gap wedge so I try to avoid positive reviews of the MP T-10s -- looks like I'll have to make the investment.

What loft version(s) did you test? Do you think the grind is flexible enough to game a single wedge?

• Admin
We tested 52, 56, 60, and 64. I am not a single wedge guy, so i am not the best one to help, but the grind is one of hte most flexible I have tried.

I tend to be a one wedge player myself and this is the wedge I went with. I don't like a lot of bounce and I like to play high soft shots into the green so i went with 60* with 08* bounce. I play mostly out of harder sand as well so the small amount of bounce really helps. So far I am really loving this wedge I have hit some great shots with it that land soft and stop just like I want. I do have an open slot in my bag though and am thinking of going with something in 54* or 56* with more bounce just if I ever think I may need it. I do tend to prefer only having to master one wedge though, and I spend a lot of time working with it so I can get it to do pretty much anything. You can't go wrong with this wedge.

I picked up a couple of these wedges a few months ago and have played with them for the last 6-8 rounds or so. I have the 56-10 and the 60-05. I had previously been a one wedge guy, so Im still sort of experimenting with what wedge to use where, but so far Im really enjoying these wedges. My favorite thing about these clubs, and something JB touched on, is the ability to open them up without worrying about skulling the ball. Ive been able to add a flop shot to my game that I was never comfortable enough to use before. Although I haven't extensively tested multiple wedges and basically lucked into these, I would have no problem recommending these to anyone in the market for a new wedge.

• Admin
That is very true. Not to get off topic, but I hit a flop shot so good at the outing that Spank & Smalls both shook their head I believe. 5-7 feet below the green, to a short sided pin that was only 6 feet from the edge of hte green. Only could hit it about 10 yards total. I hit a straight up and straight down shot that landed and stopped 4 feet from the pin. One of the best I had hit.

To bring this back on topic, it would have been as easy with these wedges I would imagine. They open up so well.

I hit these at the outing and liked the feel of them but I couldn't get used to the smaller heads as compared to my current Mizzys. I've always liked the sole grind of Mizzys and think they're extremely versatile but the performance wasn't as good as the CG15 or JAWS wedges IMO

Id agree with everything said in that review. I recently bought an MP T-10 56-10 and I love it. Its got all the things that Ive loved about the other Mizuno wedges I own but the T-10s give you considerably more spin.
If you are in the market for a new wedge, you owe it to yourself to try the MP T-10!

That is very true. Not to get off topic, but I hit a flop shot so good at the outing that Spank & Smalls both shook their head I believe. 5-7 feet below the green, to a short sided pin that was only 6 feet from the edge of hte green. Only could hit it about 10 yards total. I hit a straight up and straight down shot that landed and stopped 4 feet from the pin. One of the best I had hit.

To bring this back on topic, it would have been as easy with these wedges I would imagine. They open up so well.

That was a great shot!

Back