What's the MOST FORGIVING CLASSIC Ping Iron?

Nalajr

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey all,

I am wanting to get back into playing Golf after about 10 years. Due to some physical limitations I need all the help I can get.

Right now I have a set of PING Eye2 irons that I have only used for a couple of rounds. I have always liked the looks of PING irons and am thinking about upgrading. I have been looking at others and the NEW PING irons like the G15, I15 and the Raptures, but they are awfully expensive. In the even I can't spend the cash on one of the NEW models, I think I might go with a set of CLASSIC PING irons. That's what I would like to know and get info about from you all.

What set of irons from PING from the past would you say would have the most forgiveness and distance? The Classic line I like the looks of the most are these:

1. I10
2. Rapture
3. I3+
4. I3 O-Size & Blade
5. ISI-K
6. ISI BeCu

I wouldn't mind picking up a USED set of one of these irons and using them for a while until I get back into playing and get my body used to swinging. Compared to the prices I seen today, I could probably save a lot of money if I went the CLASSIC route too.

What do you think?

All opinions will be appreciated.

Thanks for your time and help.

Nalajr

Its a shame you are brand new to us. Glad to have you of course. YOu just missed the THP FL Golf outing held in Sarasota. Full Demo Days for 2 straight days.

Not sure I would call many of those classic, but I can tell you that the "i" line of clubs is more performance than forgiveness. If you are set on Pings, which judging by this thread and the other, I get the feeling you are, I would say look at the G5 or G10 irons if you want to save some money.

I really like the ISI line. Not so much the Ks but the Nickel or Copper versions are still great irons and are forgiving with a really sweet feel.

Other than that JB's suggestion of G5 would be solid and most likely cheaper as the BeCus and Nis still fetch a decent price. I3+ (non blade) are also very forgiving and if you are a Ping man then another good option.

You can't get much better than the eye 2 irons..

I agree with the above, Eye 2 is still the one. I've had or used all of the ones...while some things I like about the various models, Eye 2 is still the fav and most forgiving in the classics. The G5 would be the best "newer" option for forgiveness and price, but forgiveness totally...the Rapture.
ISI Becu would be nice and classic.

If you want forgiveness the Rapture and the Rapture V2 are the best ones.

Back