China Cat>Rider

Dazed & Cornfused
Reaction score
I feel like I am on the verge of being a good golfer but I want to know what things I'm doing wrong. I will hit 9-10 pure shots perfectly in a row then out of no where I hit it fat, thin, top it etc several times. I am very inconsistent. Also I really struggle with getting good distance with the driver.

The local range pro does private lessons or offers a 5 week clinic (1 night a week) with 4-6 people at a time. Money is real tight right now so I don't think I can swing $75/hr for the one-on-one right now. Would the clinic be beneficial for me or should I just wait until I can afford a series of private lessons?

My wife and I took 6, 1-hour semi private lessons. That was basically six half-hour lessons for each of us. I wouldn't want to share the time with 2-4 more people. How much is one lesson? Might get more out of that than group lessons.

Its $50 for a half hour...$75 for an hour. there is a slight discount with multiple lesson packages. The clinic is 5 group lessons for $99.

The group lessons will be more instructional in nature, whereas the individual lesson will be taylored to your swing and the fixes that follow. See if you can get a discount by booking several half hour lessons, like buy 3 ($150) and get a fouth for free. Usually pros will negotiate. You will get a whole LOT more out of individuals.

The cost is so much better with the group lessons, it might be a better value. You can get get 5 sessions for about the cost of 1.5 individual. Might turn out to be about the same amount of individual instruction. The one thing I would ask the instructor is if the group lesson is the same for everyone. If it is about showing 6 people the same things and working individualy on those same things, that might not be what you need. If it is a group of people getting individual instruction, that might do you some good and would give you a good 'try out' period with the instructor.

You might not get a ton of individual time, but you would probably get enough to find a few flaws and get the fixes for them and see if it works. Then each week you could have something to work on and improve. At the end of the five weeks, you can decide if you want to continue or not. You will only be out $100 and would have a chance to fix what you need.

The big thing would be to find out what type of clinic it is.

The BF and I signed up for lessons together, but he's half an hour and I'm the other half an hour and he'll jump back and forth between the two of us. But getting a couples lesson was much cheaper than individual lessons. You may want to try out the instructor and talk to him/her and maybe he/she will be able to work something out with you! Def. lessons are a great investment.

Yeah that sounds like a good idea. My girlfriend wants to start playing but I don't know how well a pair lesson would work in that way. I guess the clinic isnt a good idea since everyone will probably be at a different level and it would be difficult to focus on what I need help on. Looks like I will just have to wait until I can afford private lessons.

Back