Fall 2014 Central Iowa Get Together

Well, Nebraska has a unicameral legislative system (only one house).......i mean......is that a good thing???? ok, i don't know where I was going with that, carry on.

~Rock

OK, pencil me in for Friday!

TCI at 12:40, correct?

Sweet! Glad to have you come. I need somebody from Canada to tell me how balmy it is on Friday.

~Rock

Only 1.3 days of work left! Then i get to hone my golden cow skills with Icey and Lefty.

~Rock

Mooooooo!

Long day today. After work event lasted much too long. Trying to work on getting packed. Then some homework. Is it Friday yet?!

Can't wait for the trip !

Headin out

Hit the range last night for a final tune up. Really looking forward to this event; not the early morning or the driving, but meeting some awesome new people will be worth it.

Charging the soundchucks today. A little music on the course this weekend. So very pumped. Just need to get through this day.

Side note. If I have time, I may stop off at Golf Galaxy to have a new putter grip put on. Superstroke has so many options, and I feel like some of them are only 1/10" difference. I know we have a few in here that use Superstroke. Which superstroke grip is closest to a "mid-size" putter grip? I currently have a Winn mid-size putter grip, and I like the size of it.

~Rock

Charging the soundchucks today. A little music on the course this weekend. So very pumped. Just need to get through this day.

Side note. If I have time, I may stop off at Golf Galaxy to have a new putter grip put on. Superstroke has so many options, and I feel like some of them are only 1/10" difference. I know we have a few in here that use Superstroke. Which superstroke grip is closest to a "mid-size" putter grip? I currently have a Winn mid-size putter grip, and I like the size of it.

~Rock
I've got my speaker packed as well!

Now which pandora station to prep!!!

I've got my speaker packed as well!

Now which pandora station to prep!!!

Make sure you pack your bag of excuses. Need to be ready when you figure out the golden cows are staying in Iowa.

Tap talking my way thru the World of golf!

~Rock

Got a speaker coming too. As for the super stroke, I like the 2.0, it's 1.2" in diameter and is a nice size for me. What winn grip do you have on your putter? Is it a winnxpro or one of their pistol styles?

Got a speaker coming too. As for the super stroke, I like the 2.0, it's 1.2" in diameter and is a nice size for me. What winn grip do you have on your putter? Is it a winnxpro or one of their pistol styles?

It's closer to a pistol style. But I'm wanting to try out the non tapered grips, which is why I'm thinking of just picking up a superstroke.

Specifically, I have the Winn Midsize Excel Putter grip, seen here.

30063996_im__________0_gsi

~Rock

I had the Winn Grip Large grip on my putter and switched the 3.0 on the one I picked up at Menards.... I will tell you switching to the round grip is a bit of a difference compared to the squareness of the Winn. I've been thinking about going back to the Winn....

It's closer to a pistol style. But I'm wanting to try out the non tapered grips, which is why I'm thinking of just picking up a superstroke.

~Rock

~Rock
Can't find a measurement of size on Winn's website, but I'd guess the 2.0 is the closest to their mid size. Winn also makes a somewhat none tapered option if you like their grips better. I can bring a putter with the winnxpro 1.18" if you want to try before you buy.

I am ready to leave tomorrow. Hopefully work will work out and I can be on the road by 1 at the latest. Is everyone meeting at the hotel before we go eat? I also might want to go to Golf galaxy for a new putter grip too.

Just got a $10 off at least $10 spent at Golfsmith for my birthday. Guess I have to take a trip there :)

Can't find a measurement of size on Winn's website, but I'd guess the 2.0 is the closest to their mid size. Winn also makes a somewhat none tapered option if you like their grips better. I can bring a putter with the winnxpro 1.18" if you want to try before you buy.

Truthfully, I'm not a fan of Winn, but when I went to get a new putter grip a few years ago, it was the only mid-size option at Golf Galaxy. there is nothing wrong with how the grip feels or anything like that, but Winn grips just have terrible durability.

I am ready to leave tomorrow. Hopefully work will work out and I can be on the road by 1 at the latest. Is everyone meeting at the hotel before we go eat? I also might want to go to Golf galaxy for a new putter grip too.

Golf galaxy is 30 minutes from the hotel. But, if you are wanting a new putter grip, I bet we can find a golf shop closer by.

Just got a $10 off at least $10 spent at Golfsmith for my birthday. Guess I have to take a trip there :)

I don't think Iowa has a golfsmith, if that's what you were thinking.

~Rock

nah I only shop at Menards for my golf equipment in Iowa :p

~Rock

Golf galaxy is 30 minutes from the hotel. But, if you are wanting a new putter grip, I bet we can find a golf shop closer by.

~Rock

No golf shop closer than golf galaxy. There are no golfsmith as well.

I'm in Grand Forks and the weather is great. Maybe I can convince it to follow me south.

I'm in Grand Forks and the weather is great. Maybe I can convince it to follow me south.

Please do cause it is getting worse by the day.

Back