Fall 2014 Central Iowa Get Together

Flying Wedge

Reaction score
Handicap
Central Iowa Fall 2014 get together:

When: Saturday Oct 4th and Sunday Oct 5th.

Where: Honey Creek Golf Club. Boone Iowa. http://www.golfhoneycreek.com

Tournament Club of Iowa. Polk City Iowa. http://www.tcofiowa.com

Cost: Honey Creek. 36 holes for $37
TCI $47 Stay and Play. $55 not stay and play

Accommodations: Boulders Inn and Suites (located at TCI)

Come join us for what is becoming a regular end of the golfing season unofficial event! 54 holes of prime Iowa golf surrounded by great THP Friends and fun. This event last year had a great turn out. We are returning to TCI this year. A THP favorite and one not to be missed!

New this year is Honey Creek. This hidden gem of Central Iowa golf is always in top notch shape. Honey Creek is 2 totally different nines. The front nine is relatively flat and tree lined but open. The back nine is tighter and more hilly. You drop down into a valley over holes 10 and 11. Then work your way back up. Pictures can be found started the bottom of the linked page. http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...Southern-Iowa-Get-Together-Summer-2014/page79

So clear your calendars, bribe your significant others and tell your bosses you gotta go! You won't want to miss this year end blow out as only THPr's can do it.

Attending: Days - Hotel

Flying Wedge- Sat/Sun - no hotel
Dhartmann34- Sat/Sun - Fri/Sat
Rambler- Sat/Sun - Fri/Sat
Iceyshanks - Sat Only - Fri
Msh134- Sat/Sun - Fri/Sat
Mayor McRock- Sat/Sun - Fri/Sat
mulligan9111- Sat Only - No?
woody74- Sat/Sun - Fri/Sat
McRocks BFF- Sat/Sun - Fri/Sat
Instant3- Sat/Sun - No
Nebgolfer - Sat Only - No?
manlai- Sat/Sun - Fri/Sat
Lance0363- Sat/Sun - Fri/Sat
Qua1l - Sat Only - No
Upon3 - Sat?/Sun - No
Leftysean- Sat/Sun - Fri/Sat
Bulldog - Sat/Sun - Fri/Sat

Pairings:

SAT AM:

Flying Wedge
Dhartmann34
MSH134
Bulldog

Rambler
Manlai
Mulligan9111
Nebgolfer

Woody74
Qua1!
McRock BFF
Instant3

Lance0363
IceyShanks
Leftysean
McRock

SAT PM:

Iceyshanks
Mulligan9111
Nebgolfer

Flying Wedge
Rambler
Instant3
Leftysean

Dhartmann34
McRock
McRock BFF
Lance0363

MSH134
Qua1!
Manlai
Woody74

SUN AM:

Flying Wedge
Dhartmann34
Instant3

MSH134
Rambler
Woody74

Lance 0363
Manlai
Leftysean

McRock
McRock BFF
Upon3
Bulldog

Last edited:
Boom!! Let the lurking commence!

From The HTC One Blue!

Have it on the calendar!

Let's do this!

I am planning on this one with or without the other Hartmann

Yeah yeah yeah. Chance of you showing up is about as good as Rambler hitting 2 good shots in a row on a par 5 :p

From The HTC One Blue!

Yeah yeah yeah. Chance of you showing up is about as good as Rambler hitting 2 good shots in a row on a par 5 :p

Do you know what resort he's staying at? I'm thinking a little bribe to the poolside bartender could result in some tap water being used in a couple of mixed drinks for him. :sick:

Count me in!

~Rock

I'm going to do my best to make it out this year.

Ugh wish I could make this but two weekends out of town in a row just aren't in the cards. Have fun boys.

Do you know what resort he's staying at? I'm thinking a little bribe to the poolside bartender could result in some tap water being used in a couple of mixed drinks for him. :sick:
he doesnt need water from there all he needs to know is that I am messing with his clubs while hes gone a loft and lie bending machine at my disposal we shall see how sideways he hits it then!

he doesnt need water from there all he needs to know is that I am messing with his clubs while hes gone a loft and lie bending machine at my disposal we shall see how sideways he hits it then!

:laughing:

Still straighter than u!

From The HTC One Blue!

Sounds like Y'all need to bring it to Iowa and battle it out on the golf course!

Ha.... We do every Sunday

From The HTC One Blue!

Ill have to check my schedule for this one, but I would love to join you guys for this one. Put me down as a maybe!!!

Well I've got my work stuff arranged. I love killing two birds with one stone!

Thoughts on lodging?

Well I've got my work stuff arranged. I love killing two birds with one stone!

Thoughts on lodging?

I will have to see what's around. I know there are some hotel/motel type properties in Ames. Not sure about Boone other than a Campground. The 2 courses are about 20 mins apart.

I will have to see what's around. I know there are some hotel/motel type properties in Ames. Not sure about Boone other than a Campground. The 2 courses are about 20 mins apart.

Maybe something in between! I'll do some searching once I'm back in the office. Hanging out in DM today and tomorrow. No golf but adventure land!

If I can pull this off with the wife, I will be there. As for the campground that late in the year camping might not be to bad.

I was researching yesterday. There are some places in Boone... Nothing like the log cabins but hotels with breakfast will do.

*I'm not camping. We do not get along well* :p

From The HTC One Blue!

There are some Super 8, Days Inn, Microtel type properties in Ames and 1 in Boone. In between the 2 courses, you will find A LOT of corn!

I like corn.

From The HTC One Blue!

I was researching yesterday. There are some places in Boone... Nothing like the log cabins but hotels with breakfast will do.

*I'm not camping. We do not get along well* :p

From The HTC One Blue!

Does Princess need a soft mattress?

Back