Burner 09 vs Machspeed Irons

Brazz

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi Guy's .......I'm new to the forum but have a really enjoyed reading the articles at HP for some time.I really need some opinions on the Burner O9 irons vs the Machspeeds.I have the Burner's and as much as I like them they just don't wow me.I really want something with as much forgivness as possible for those off days yet still allow me to go for the pins on those good days. I find the Burners to be a little too hot at times and find myself flying over greens when I have a great chance to go low.I don't care about working the ball ,I just want a point and shoot club that offers forgiveness and consistent yardage but still is fun to play.I would say my bad misses tend to be fat shots from getting a little steep.My low round is a 77 but I usually shoot in the 80's. Just looking for a really forgiving set that has some point and shoot characteristics.Distance isn't a problem for me with irons.

Any thoughts from people who have played both ?

Thanks !

You sound like youre a little bit better golfer then me so take it for what its worth. I switched from the Burners to the Machspeeds and couldnt be happier. Ive found them to just be a great all around club. They just do everything well. Ive really noticed how, say on a fat shot like you said is you miss, they still have excellent distance. I initially like the Burners for the distance but I dont miss them at all with the Machspeeds. I love the Machspeeds at address and the look of the club (Transformer-ish) isnt that bad in person. I actually really like the looks now that Ive had them for a bit.

Have you had a chance to hit the Machspeeds yet? You know you gotta hit them. But Im pretty confident you will be very happy with them.

Oh and Welcome to THP!

Thanks for the reply OEM Kevin..........I haven't hit the machspeeds but I think I need to.Its so hard to get a feel for clubs just smacking them at the range so if I find a good deal on some I may just get them and the either re-sell them after a few rounds or sell the burners.I keep getting into these situations where I'm about 125 to 140 out and I pull the club I typically hit that distance and then wham ! Even without a real agressive swing it goes 10-15 yards farther than any other time and I'm over the green but the next hole same shot and its great.Its like they have a turbo boost that shows up at the wrong time.I use a GPS so I get pretty accurate yardages before the shot.

I take anyones advise that is willing to share it with me.My little brother who doesn't golf much looked over at me while we were at the range the other day as I was hitting my driver and asked why my stance looked so wide.Sure enough I look down and I was really wide.Narrowed my stance back to shoulder width and proceeded to hit some of the purest drives I've bombed in a long time.

Sometimes its the simple advice thats gets you from A to B faster than the swing guru ever could ! So anyone that wants to share in one of my posts please do so and do it often !

I find the Burners to be slightly longer (a few yards) and the Machspeeds to be more forgiving high on the club face. Both are great sets, I just prefer the feel of the MachSpeeds.

Back