NHL 2014-2015 Season

The Wild are looking fantastic right now! 5-0 in the opener and now they score 2 minutes into the second game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Columbus with a convincing win against NY tonight. Great stuff. Oh, and rick n*sh is still a giant #$%^&

Not a Nash fan, Dan? Johansen with 3 pts in his first 2 games.

Not a Nash fan, Dan? Johansen with 3 pts in his first 2 games.

Hate him (now). He's a joke.

Yeah, Joey looked solid. Not the best player on the ice for CBJ though - Need improvement.

I hate Kypreos

Miller not looking too good.

I know its early and the Nucks have only played Edm and Cal but the Sedins look really good so far this year. Thank goodness.

I know its early and the Nucks have only played Edm and Cal but the Sedins look really good so far this year. Thank goodness.

I'm just looking forward to the Miller/Media exchanges this year. Guy doesn't usually hold back.

I'm just looking forward to the Miller/Media exchanges this year. Guy doesn't usually hold back.
Its going to happen for sure, probably after his first couple losses in a row. Our media is relentless and creates controversy when it doesn't exist.

Its going to happen for sure, probably after his first couple losses in a row. Our media is relentless and creates controversy when it doesn't exist.

The Canadian hockey media in general is fantastic. Only two games in and Leafs headlines are hilarious.

The Canadian hockey media in general is fantastic. Only two games in and Leafs headlines are hilarious.
At least they arent planning the parade in October like the last few years.

At least they arent planning the parade in October like the last few years.

Think MP and the media in Montreal are taking over that responsibility this year. :alien:

NHL 2014-2015 Season

Controversy in Detroit last night as the Wings thought Getzlaf should have been called for a penalty with 25 seconds remaining. Getzlaf got his stick near Kronwall's hands, Kronwall blew a tire and Getz walked in front and roofed a backhander for the winner. The video below doesn't show the angle where Kronwall looks to stub his skate toe and go down.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=641659

Controversy in Detroit last night as the Wings thought Getzlaf should have been called for a penalty with 25 seconds remaining. Getzlaf got his stick near Kronwall's hands, Kronwall blew a tire and Getz walked in front and roofed a backhander for the winner. The video below doesn't show the angle where Kronwall looks to stub his skate toe and go down.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=641659

Angle from behind the net shows it. Clear his skate gets twisted. If he would have went down based on a one handed "hook" from Getzlaf, would have been a weak call.

Angle from behind the net shows it. Clear his skate gets twisted. If he would have went down based on a one handed "hook" from Getzlaf, would have been a weak call.

Agreed, and that was a sick goal.

I hate Kypreos

Agreed. I like the new NHL coverage by Sportsnet, but absolutely loath that Kypreos and Doug McLean still have front and centre roles. Kypreos just dominates the conversation, and I would much rather hear from Friedman

I've always liked Doug MacLean but I just can't stand Kypreos.

I can't believe how lousy Paul Romanok is at the play by play. They need to make a change there ASAP out West because he is just painful to listen to. Mike Johnson is good but he's got nothing to work with.

Don't mind McLean at all but more Friedman will be good and where did Andy go? Is she doing other things on CBC? Paul Romanok needs to go as well.

Agreed, and that was a sick goal.

Agreed completely. The Wings' blog blew up and they were pissed. It just did not look like much contact to me at all.

Getzlaf is such a fun player to watch. He is so big and has such sweet hands it's just ridiculous. He and Perry are a real treat and I don't look forward to the day when they are no longer leading the Ducks.

Agreed completely. The Wings' blog blew up and they were pissed. It just did not look like much contact to me at all.

Getzlaf is such a fun player to watch. He is so big and has such sweet hands it's just ridiculous. He and Perry are a real treat and I don't look forward to the day when they are no longer leading the Ducks.

Was quite the pretty finish. Agree 100% about watching Perry and Getzlaf awesome twosome there.

Definitely didn't look like a hook when it showed the the slow replay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Note to self: Just don't watch the Leafs. Didn't get to watch or follow last night, woke up this morning to a win with the top line showing up. Needs to happen more often.

not that it woulda changed the outcome of the game most likely, but the Ducks just got a penalty shot for the exact same play that Moulson didn't receive one on in the 1st.

not that it woulda changed the outcome of the game most likely, but the Ducks just got a penalty shot for the exact same play that Moulson didn't receive one on in the 1st.

I think the more concerning thing would be the 44 shots to 12.

I think the more concerning thing would be the 44 shots to 12.

lol. indeed...

it's hard to believe that we've "rebuilt" our defense and yet, we're right back up at the top for shots against.
they keep crediting our goalies for game savers and/or great saves...well, when you face 43 a game on average...a few of them are bound to me.

yes Dan, i am quite concerned.

Back