Discontinuing Cleveland Hibore?

Thorpeto

I like golf.
Reaction score
I just ran to my local GG for lunch, and they have the Cleveland Monsters marked down to $118 and you still get a free wood. They only have a couple left, and they look to be on clearance. Does this make sense? Are they discontinuing the line?

I just ran to my local GG for lunch, and they have the Cleveland Monsters marked down to $118 and you still get a free wood. They only have a couple left, and they look to be on clearance. Does this make sense? Are they discontinuing the line?

Cleveland has a new wood line out called the Launcher DST. They are not making the Hibore line for 2010 and focusing on the 3 Launcher models instead. THe Monster was a great driver in 2009.

Loved (and still use) the Hibore hybrids...fantastic feel and forgiveness. I thought the Launcher hybrids were not as forgiving as these so it's a shame to see them go

Good to know. I'm going back and grabbing one after work today. I'm psyched!

Awesome, let me know what you pick up!

I !!!!!!LOVE!!!!!! The HiBore XLS hybrids. I seem to disagree w/ most people, I find them very forgiving, with pretty darn good feel!

I too really like the HiBore hybrids.... I am toying with the idea of getting a 5i hybrid but I can not seem to find one anywhere :at-wits-end:

WR, i have the 3and4 and have also thought maybe getting the 5. We have plenty up here in ND. I hit them so much further than my irons though

It comes with a free wood. I have an old Launcher 3W. Would I be better served getting the Hibore 3W or get the Hibore 5W?

It comes with a free wood. I have an old Launcher 3W. Would I be better served getting the Hibore 3W or get the Hibore 5W?

I bet you'd be ok with a 5w.

WR, i have the 3and4 and have also thought maybe getting the 5. We have plenty up here in ND. I hit them so much further than my irons though

I am doing the same.. pulling out irons and replacing it with the Cleveland Hybrids.

if ya picked up the 5hybrid, would you keep a 5iron or go straight to the 6iron? i know i'd have about a 15-20+ yard gap between the two clubs.

Here's the update. I went to GG to pick up the Monster. No such luck. The XLS was on sale for $118. The Monster was still $199. Not wanting to spend that much I walked out the door with a club is still was planning on getting, a Hibore 4H.

I am not an expert on clubs or hybrids or pretty much anything, but....

I love the Hibore XLS driver I have. I am a relative beginner, so igat the regular flex shaft, which makes me slow down my swing and keeps me from slicing. The sound is AWESOME...people's head turn when they hear that sound. I have also found that I can't hit a fairway wood to save my life. So I grabbed a 3I hybrid from 3balls.com for $70 shipped, cause God knows I can't hit a 3 iron straight. I LOVE the hybrid so much. My first time at the range with it, I was 175 yds straight out on 90% of a large bucket. I have been watching Ebay closely, for the 1i version and finally won one this week for $60 shipped. So I am going to be using a 1 IH instead of a 3 Wood, and a 3 IH instead of a 5 wood. I hope I can hit the new hybrib 190 or 200. We'll see soon enough. And the sound on these hybrids is like that of a breaking pencil, just a nice quick crack.

And the sound on these hybrids is like that of a breaking pencil, just a nice quick crack.
The sound of a well struck hybrid has quickly become my favorite sound on the course! Errr, maybe second favorite, nothing beats the sound of the ball finding the bottom of the cup.

If anyone buys one, let me know, and I will buy their free wood, making their purchase even less! an unfortunate event hit me with my 5w.

Back