Michigan hackers, check in here

117 rounds lol I'm almost positive I haven't played 117 rounds in the last 4 years combined

117 rounds lol I'm almost positive I haven't played 117 rounds in the last 4 years combined

We chatted about this the other day, move closer to me and we will be golf buddies! Beer drinkin buddies, cookout buddies...

We chatted about this the other day, move closer to me and we will be golf buddies! Beer drinkin buddies, cookout buddies...

Wrong. Now we both move our families down to South Carolina? That's a possibility

Hey Michigan hackers!

Is your season over?
How would you classify your year?
Highlights/lowlights?
Hopes for 2015?

Good year overall!

not yet I will play till the courses close for snow!!!

the best I've ever had, I had the privilege of joining what is in my eyes the best group of golf people I've ever met. And getting to play golf with them.

highlights: my first unofficial THP event and joining THP.
Lowlights: a few bad rounds, and purchases. But hey it's golf I'tt happens

i hope to see/play some of the new gear and also, and this is a big hope, make it to MANY THP official and unofficial events. To get to continue to meet and play with what is in my eyes the best group of golfers, guys and gals, that there are. This site has truly been a blessing for me.

So I will finish this by saying THANK YOU to everyone on this site that I have met/golfed with/had dealings with/ and just overall got to read comments and opinions from. Thank you. Best golf year ever....So far : )

I don't know if anyone else has played in it, but the annual Chili Open at Hawk Hollow is on Nov. 7 this year. That's a week earlier than usual. I've played in it every year for the past 10 or so. Golf all day and the course supplies chili and hot dogs for $29. Weather has ranged from OK (40s) to great (upper 60s) We always play at least 27 holes and have a great time. That's usually the last round of my year.

I don't know if anyone else has played in it, but the annual Chili Open at Hawk Hollow is on Nov. 7 this year. That's a week earlier than usual. I've played in it every year for the past 10 or so. Golf all day and the course supplies chili and hot dogs for $29. Weather has ranged from OK (40s) to great (upper 60s) We always play at least 27 holes and have a great time. That's usually the last round of my year.

I think it sounds fun!

Do they provide gas masks for the toilets?

A couple quick things fellas.
I AM thinking of doing the hawk hollow chili open, sounds like a good time!

Second with THP events announced in Memphis and Pittsburgh does either of those places pique anyone's interest?

Third, how is everyone? This thread has kindda gone dead, is it the weather?

Swingtek in Troy is a great facility with a simulator, I hope to get there a few times over the winter. And I hope to see you there!

The weather isn't helping thats for sure. Both Peak my interest actually, but have to wait and see on the dates.

I checked out Swingtek. I wasn't blown away by it. I just stopped in to see what it was all about. They guy that runs it was really nice.

Depending on the dates, I would certainly try for Pittsburgh.

The weather isn't helping thats for sure. Both Peak my interest actually, but have to wait and see on the dates.

I checked out Swingtek. I wasn't blown away by it. I just stopped in to see what it was all about. They guy that runs it was really nice.

Did you see the putting room? Their rates are very reasonable too. Wednesdays work best for me now :call-me:. I'll put you two thru the ringer.

Did you see the putting room? Their rates are very reasonable too. Wednesdays work best for me now :call-me:. I'll put you two thru the ringer.

Yeah I did. I did like the putting room and the two sims looked nice. The bunker wasn't quite what I expected, but honestly the biggest thing was I felt like the guy wanted me to buy lessons, not just practice. I can't see paying $15/hr just to putt when I can putt at home on my new birdieball mat for hours on end.

I would definitely be down to play a round on the simulators though for sure. Wednesdays could be tough for me, but if we planned it well enough I could make it happen...I think.

Yeah I did. I did like the putting room and the two sims looked nice. The bunker wasn't quite what I expected, but honestly the biggest thing was I felt like the guy wanted me to buy lessons, not just practice. I can't see paying $15/hr just to putt when I can putt at home on my new birdieball mat for hours on end.

I would definitely be down to play a round on the simulators though for sure. Wednesdays could be tough for me, but if we planned it well enough I could make it happen...I think.

Eventually Mondays would be fine for me during the day. We can send that to group chat and get stuff planned.

Pittsburgh sounds like a win for me depending on the dates.

I'd be out for the chili open, though it sounds fun.

I'm doing good, starting a new job in Chicago area so I'll be here for the next 4-5 months, hopefully I can take some lessons while I'm here and get my game back in shape.

Pittsburgh is sounding good to me I just need to see the dates for sure and possibly prices and what not. And then it will just be can i sneak out from work for a long weekend when it happens.

Saturday, Nov 8 for pre-release demo day!? Carls?

Saturday, Nov 8 for pre-release demo day!? Carls?
Ill be on my way to Tampa for a few days otherwise I'd be there.

Ill be on my way to Tampa for a few days otherwise I'd be there.

Outdoor golf > Sim golf. You'll get to hit the equipment I want to not much later!

Hey Michiganders! As you may know, we have 2 members of #TeamBasementDwellers from the state. What do ya say about getting together and getting a simulator round in with them so they can take down the #Zoocrew....Getting swings in indoors is the only option we have right now and they leave in 2 short weeks!

Hey Michiganders! As you may know, we have 2 members of #TeamBasementDwellers from the state. What do ya say about getting together and getting a simulator round in with them so they can take down the #Zoocrew....Getting swings in indoors is the only option we have right now and they leave in 2 short weeks!

I would love nothing more, but it's thanksgiving week, then the wife is out on a week long business trip, and then we move. So nothing going on really. :(

For any of you Michiganders that want to head to the Buffalo /Jets in Detroit on Monday I have two extra tickets. My son and I will be in Detroit by 530pm or so.

Back