SuperStroke Flatso Ultra and Mid-Slim 2.0 - THP Preview

Ok...I'm a full on Flatso fan boy! I've been a fan of SuperStroke since day one but they're really hit a homerun with the Flatso. I've got the 17" Flatso on one of my Scotty's and I'm putting a Flatso Ultra on my MXM #7. I tried one on a Versa #7 today and it was simply awesome. Perfect size for my hands and just allows for a nice straight back/forth motion.

I've been using the Flatso Ultra for a couple months, really love it. Previously used SS ultra slim 1.0, but the Flatso just fits my hands so much better. And the weight is perfect with my mFGP2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just picked up a Nike method mod 00 and a flatso ultra to try out. I've been playing the 2.0's in my odyssey #7's, and a 21in 1.0 on my counterbalanced method core 11w. Really like the idea of the flatso and I used to like the lamkin 3gen pistol with its sharp edges but was too yippy with it. Hoping this is the best of both worlds.

Messed with one of these tonight. Felt good. Gonna give my new Scotty grip a try but these are on my radar

Today was the first time putting on a flatso ultra on a flatstick. Gotta say I am wondering why it took me so long to try this grip. Feels like it was made for my hands.

I know they usually say a large grip makes short putts easier, but lag putting a bit harder. Well, not the case here. Last 5 rounds with the Flatso Ultra has given me some of the best lag putting ever for me. Really starting to fall in love with this current combo.

Have to say I'm loving the feel of the flatso ultra so far. Slipped it on the method mod last night and threw a little lead tape on the sole to counter the heavier grip. Really liking the balance and stroke I'm making right now. I'll get to roll it out on the course tonight and all weekend, looking forward to making a bunch of putts.

Little wider, because of the flat front. To most it will feel in between the 1.0 and 2.0
I don't know how I glazed over this thread for so long. This post confirms my want for one after trying out Dean's as indicated below.

Installed the Flatso Ultra on Friday and played 27 with it on Saturday. Felt comfortable to hold in hand. Not sure if I like it more than the Slim 1.0, however I did like it. I know a bunch of people rolled it that day and I think majority had a positive feeling about the grip.
I did, and I was even impressed with it even though I was blinded by that whiteout putter it was attached to.

I put a Mid Slim 2.0 on my Ghost Spider last month. Better in some ways, not as good in others. I was torn between that and the Flatso Ultra, so I'll try the Ultra on my incoming SeeMore FGP.

I just changed the grip on my Method Midnight 007 from the Mid Slim 2.0 to the Flatso Ultra. The following is some feedback for those that are looking at the difference between these to Super Stroke grips:

• The Flatso Ultra is slightly smaller than the Mid Slim 2.0 (but larger that the 1.0 grip that I have on my Method 001).
  • I have smaller hands and the size of the Flatso Ultra seems to be a better fit as it relates to comfort for me.
  • Both grips do what they say they do, promote shoulder rotation and limit getting wristy in the stroke, however I prefer the slightly smaller size of the Flatso Ultra.
  • I found the Flatso Ultra to be a great compliment to a center shafted putter like the Method Midnight 007. One of the reasons that I sought a change was that at times I found that I would lose feel with the Mid Slim 2.0 (causing distance control problems). The Flatso Ultra seems to provide better feedback and feel than the Mid Slim 2.0.
  • Performance (Last 2 rounds with the same putter just different grip):
  • Mid Slim 2.0- 37 putts (Number of 3 Putts: 2 & Number of 1 Putts: 0)
  • Flatso Ultra- 32 putts (Number of 3 putts: 0 & Number of 1 Putts: 4)

I realize this is only one rounds worth of data, but the improvement in consistency was impressive.

Dax

I recently acquired a SeeMore FGP Mallet from a fellow THPer and put a Flatso Mid on it. Perfect combination with a CS putter. I am loving it!

Almost threw one of these on the Method but went with the slim 1.0 instead. Someday I'll try one. Sooner than later.

Almost threw one of these on the Method but went with the slim 1.0 instead. Someday I'll try one. Sooner than later.

I have 2 Method putters, a 001 with a Slim 1.0 and a 007 that I just put the Flatso Ultra on.... I like the Flatso Ultra so much, I might change the Slim 1.0 on the 001 to a Flatso Ultra also.,,,

Dax

I have 2 Method putters, a 001 with a Slim 1.0 and a 007 that I just put the Flatso Ultra on.... I like the Flatso Ultra so much, I might change the Slim 1.0 on the 001 to a Flatso Ultra also.,,,

Dax

I liked the flatso ultra way better then the ultra slim 1.0. Just switched to a Garsen Edge Pro and really like it so far. Just indoor putts with the Garsen so far though, won't be on the course outside until April.

Jim from SeeMore advised that I needed to add 25g at the top of the shaft, otherwise it would feel head heavy. I found a lag bolt that was exactly 25g but ended up being just too big to get in the grip opening. I decided to go with it - I actually like the idea of a little more weight in the head. It was easier to get on than I expected and (I think) it looks great.

7aefb39ff015aa4549cbd40660c624b4.jpg

Jim from SeeMore advised that I needed to add 25g at the top of the shaft, otherwise it would feel head heavy. I found a lag bolt that was exactly 25g but ended up being just too big to get in the grip opening. I decided to go with it - I actually like the idea of a little more weight in the head. It was easier to get on than I expected and (I think) it looks great.

Looks good!

Flatso Ultra on my Black Series Tour Design.

This one's a keeper. Looks gorgeous, and feels amazing in hand.

Just put a Mid-Slim 2.0 on the Odyssey Metal-X Rossie...liking the feel so far.

I have a Mid Slim 2.0 on my C&L and a Flatso Ultra on my Byron and I think the Flatso feels much better. Just seems to fit in my hands better. Like both, but the Flatso is better for me.

Just installed a flatso ultra on my gamer TT1 and now a milled collection #7. So far results have been positive

Back