Forum Testing Signup - Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 & 815 DBD Drivers

Would love to be a Tester for this. I will be driver shopping after Xmas so getting to hit this bad boy on the course would be great!

Might as well throw my hat in for this. Love my V-Series, but would love to try out the Alpha.

1. What driver are you currently playing? - Callaway V-series
2. What loft do you play it at? - 12.5 degrees
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you currently play? - Bassara 42g, stiff flex
4. Do you think you are a high spin or low spin player? - My guess is a higher spin player, but I don't think I really know for sure.
5. What type of forgiveness do you look for in a driver? - Mainly lateral forgiveness. I tend to do vertically on the face, but have trouble left and right.
6. Have you tested these drivers? If so, what are your thoughts? I have not tested the new alpha yet.

Thanks THP and Callaway for the opportunity!

1. What driver are you currently playing? Callaway X2 Hot Pro
2. What loft do you play it at? 9.5 Draw
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you currently play? Aldila tour green 65 - stiff
4. Do you think you are a high spin or low spin player? Low spin
5. What type of forgiveness do you look for in a driver? Moderate Forgiveness
6. Have you tested these drivers? If so, what are your thoughts? No

1. What driver are you currently playing? Callaway X2 Hot Pro
2. What loft do you play it at? 9.5 Neutral
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you currently play? NVS-65 Stiff
4. Do you think you are a high spin or low spin player? Medium to Low high spin
5. What type of forgiveness do you look for in a driver? Lateral Forgiveness
6. Have you tested these drivers? If so, what are your thoughts? Yes on the Alpha 815 - initial impression was that it was more forgiving then the regular BB across the face

1. What driver are you currently playing? Titleist 907 D2
2. What loft do you play it at? 9.5
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you currently play? Adila VS pro- stiff
4. Do you think you are a high spin or low spin player? Low
5. What type of forgiveness do you look for in a driver? Light but strong
6. Have you tested these drivers? If so, what are your thoughts? No

Really interested in the technology inside this driver.
The new face technology combined with the low spin characteristics and the classic adjustable weights and hossel, should make this club a must have.

1. Callaway X2 pro
2. 9.5
3. Green adila tour stiff
4. High spin with most drivers. Down a lot with the X2 pro
5. Forgiveness for me needs to be on the bottom half of the club. My miss is generally low on the club face
6. Have not tested it yet. Plan on it. Looks great.

I think its great to see all the hype and excitement for testing this one!!! Definitely a driver to help us high spin hitters.

I can't wait to hit this thing, whether through testing or at the store. I got some serious distance out of the original Alpha when I hit it well, but the mishits were tough. That kind of distance with forgiveness has the potential to be epic.

I think its great to see all the hype and excitement for testing this one!!! Definitely a driver to help us high spin hitters.
I think the Callaway marketing on this series is spot on too. It's not a "one size fits all" driver ... there is an iteration for each type of golfer.

I can't wait to hit this thing, whether through testing or at the store. I got some serious distance out of the original Alpha when I hit it well, but the mishits were tough. That kind of distance with forgiveness has the potential to be epic.
Pretty much what I experienced too. One of the longest drivers I tested, although the original BBA wasn't super penal on vertical misses for me. Everything about the new version sounds awesome.

1. What driver are you currently playing? Callaway Diablo Edge
2. What loft do you play it at? 9
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you currently play? Habanero 60-S
4. Do you think you are a high spin or low spin player? I think High Spin
5. What type of forgiveness do you look for in a driver? High Forgiveness
6. Have you tested these drivers? If so, what are your thoughts? I haven't yet but would like to.

Went to the PGA superstore last night with a buddy who need a putter re-gripped. While waiting we made our way down to the simulators and since the store was empty we were able to hit without anyone really bothering us. Obviously not for sale yet but we hit the 815 Alpha and the Titleist 915 with different shaft combos....both drivers felt good (the 915 was loud! Like R1 loud) loved the sound the Callaway made. I going to spend some serious time this winter hitting the different shafts in order to get the right combination.

1. What driver are you currently playing? Cobra Amp Cell
2. What loft do you play it at? 9.5°
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you currently play? Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 50, Regular Flex, -.5"
4. Do you think you are a high spin or low spin player? High Spin, probably too high.
5. What type of forgiveness do you look for in a driver? High Forgiveness, Been playing for about 5 months now, so I'll take anything I can get...
6. Have you tested these drivers? If so, what are your thoughts? I have not tested these drivers

Still time to sign up if you haven't already. It won't be much longer I would suspect though, so sign up now!

I, for one, am pretty excited to see the difference between this years model and last years.

Hit this bad boy for about 30 swings at the PGA super store the other day. I loved it! Was hitting the ball much more consistently straight then my driver.

Hit this bad boy for about 30 swings at the PGA super store the other day. I loved it! Was hitting the ball much more consistently straight then my driver.

Yeah I got to swing it a little bit here and it feels so comfortable to swing and I was flushing pretty much every shot. I would love to get this out on the course for sure.

I went to Dicks yesterday in search of three drivers. This being one of them.

I was able to only find one and this wasn't it.

Shocker.

Might head to Edwin watts this weeks and try to find one. Really intrigued regarding a more forgiving alpha.

This driver has killer looks! I can't wait to hear some reviews from you all on performance and consistency with this puppy. Drivers are not my favorite club so it would have to have some mystical stuff built in to gain my attention.

Good luck to all that submitted their names for the reviews! Due to recent events, I'd like to formally withdraw my name from this testing. To whomever gets selected, get right after it, I and the rest of the Basement Dwellers can't wait to hear the word on these sticks.

Good luck to all that submitted their names for the reviews! Due to recent events, I'd like to formally withdraw my name from this testing. To whomever gets selected, get right after it, I and the rest of the Basement Dwellers can't wait to hear the word on these sticks.

Good on you. Class act :clapp:

Good on you. Class act :clapp:
Yessir, real work to do and not much time to prepare, look out ZooCrew here comes TheHeez!

slight bump in case anyone missed this. Still time to get your name in I believe.

Already entered several pages ago and am definitely looking forward to seeing who is chosen and the reviews that follow.

I have a feeling this is going to be a long thorough review thread.

Back