Expensive proposition: Fly down to Chile or Argentina and demo the 2015 models. Have your skis delivered, mounted and waxed before opening day at your home mountain.

Expensive proposition: Fly down to Chile or Argentina and demo the 2015 models. Have your skis delivered, mounted and waxed before opening day at your home mountain.
Lol 2015 stuff has been available to demo since feb/March in the US

Lifestyles of the rich and famous right there! That would be freakin sweet. Mostly just so I could go skiing right now :D

Skiing is still easily my favorite sport and has been since 1971, when I got a new pair of skis for Christmas. Pretty much all I did as a kid was ski all winter and golf all summer. Grew up in Minnesota/Wisconsin and logged about 120 days each season - started out competing in Freestyle but graduated to racing at age 13.

Now I ski mostly in the Tahoe basin at Squaw, Apline, Kirkwood, and Northstar but we need some damn snow this year after a 3 year drought!!! Have a Super Bowl ski trip planned to Mt. Bachelor and hopefully a guys Cat trip in March to Utah.

I'm even more of ski junkie than golf club ho. If anyone here is looking for an amazing ski brand that you may have never heard of check out some Ski Logik's if you ever get a chance. My latest edition to my quiver is a slightly used pair of Ski Logik Front Burners that I just bought last month - can't wait to get them out on the snow!

Current Quiver:

Ski Logik Front Burner
Dynastar Course 66
Dynastar Contact 4X4
Dynastar Sultan 85
Ski Logik Ullr's Chariot
Armada JJ's
Hart FC17 Rocket(mogul ski)

Last edited:
Skiing is still easily my favorite sport and has been since 1971, when I got a new pair of skis for Christmas. Pretty much all I did as a kid was ski all winter and golf all summer. Grew up in Minnesota/Wisconsin and logged about 120 days each season - started out competing in Freestyle but graduated to racing at age 13.

Now I ski mostly in the Tahoe basin at Squaw, Apline, Kirkwood, and Northstar but we need some damn snow this year after a 3 year drought!!! Have a Super Bowl ski trip planned to Mt. Bachelor and hopefully a guys Cat trip in March to Utah.

I'm even more of ski junkie than golf club ho. If anyone here is looking for an amazing ski brand that you may have never heard of check out some Ski Logik's if you ever get a chance. My latest edition to my quiver is a slightly used pair of Ski Logik Front Burners that I just bought last month - can't wait to get them out on the snow!

Current Quiver:

Ski Logik Front Burner
Dynastar Course 66
Dynastar Contact 4X4
Dynastar Sultan 85
Ski Logik Uhlr's Chariot
Armada JJ's
Hart FC17 Rocket(mogul ski)

That is DEFINITELY a ex-racer's quiver if I've ever seen one haha. I don't currently have anything below 98mm, because I just don't do much groomer carving anymore - Baker doesn't groom hardly anything. Thinking about picking up a mid 80's mm carving/all mountain ski though for when it gets firm and for moguls though.

I have not skied them yet, I read they have some serious rocker - they only have 40% of their baseline on the snow when flat. I'm guessing they'd ski pretty short for their length. . Their 5 point sidecut geometry is similar to my JJ's, which I think ski very short for their 185 length. Because they ski so short, I only take my JJ's out if there is over 12" of fresh snow - my 140/101/131 Ski Logic Ullr's Chariot's twin tips are waaaaaay better than the JJ's in anything but deep, fresh powder.

If you're a Salomon guy, the Q-Lab or Q-105 might be more versatile when the pow gets tracked out. My favorite finesse rockered ski in that 105ish width is the Dynastar Cham 107. They also might be worth a test drive if that's the type of ski you're looking for.

Pondering the crap out of 174cm Salomon Rocker2 108's right now...supposed to be lighter and more agile than my Influences, which could be a real nice change. They have a ton of rocker though, so I'm unsure if 174 will be long enough or not.

salomon-rocker2-108-skis-2013-front.jpg

That is DEFINITELY a ex-racer's quiver if I've ever seen one haha. I don't currently have anything below 98mm, because I just don't do much groomer carving anymore - Baker doesn't groom hardly anything. Thinking about picking up a mid 80's mm carving/all mountain ski though for when it gets firm and for moguls though.

Yeah, guilty as charged. I'm honestly probably a better bump skier than racer but I do love to rip GS turns at 60+ mph. I honestly ski 85% of my days on the Contact 4X4's or the Ullr's Chariots. The Chariots are an amazingly versatile ski. They are great in 2 feet of powder and not much slower running gates than my Course 66's.

Yeah, guilty as charged. I'm honestly probably a better bump skier than racer but I do love to rip GS turns at 60+ mph. I honestly ski 85% of my days on the Contact 4X4's or the Ullr's Chariots. The Chariots are an amazingly versatile ski. They are great in 2 feet of powder and not much slower running gates than my Course 66's.

Nice. Yeah, the ~100mm arena for skis is just so versatile for those of us skiing in the west. My 98's are good for just about anything but deep powder or boiler plate.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Think I'm gonna pull the trigger on some demo Atomic Automatics after some soul searching and some tips from EpicSki folks. Under $400 for a pair of lightly used skis is a steal.

If anybody is looking to pick up some gear, now is a great time. Just about every site has solid Labor Day deals, and there is still some decent demo equipment floating around.

Trigger pulled :D

$380 shipped for skis used around 15 days is a DEAL. Be here by Friday, super pumped!!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

It's so close I can taste it, but it just won't snow!! Picked up a new jacket that's much more waterproof than my current one to deal with the sometimes soggy Baker weather, should be here soon.

f13-theta-ar-jacket-buckeye.jpg

Anyone else make some ski pickups lately? Everybody gettin stoked?

It's cool reading up on some of this skiing talk although it sounds like a foreign language you guys are speaking. The only skiing I have ever done was when I hit a patch of ice on the way to the woodshed and took out three baby pines on the way down the hill. :D

It's cool reading up on some of this skiing talk although it sounds like a foreign language you guys are speaking. The only skiing I have ever done was when I hit a patch of ice on the way to the woodshed and took out three baby pines on the way down the hill. :D

From Bill's last ski trip:

wall.JPG

:alien:

Picked up a new pair of boots. Ones is been using were the ones I got when I just started 5 tears or so ago, and we're about as cheap as you can get. To say these are more comfortable is a gross understatement.

Picked up a new pair of boots. Ones is been using were the ones I got when I just started 5 tears or so ago, and we're about as cheap as you can get. To say these are more comfortable is a gross understatement.

how far are you from Jiminy Peak?http://www.jiminypeak.com/

Aw yeah! Just announced that Aspen mountain is opening early this weekend! Shred season is on!

Aw yeah! Just announced that Aspen mountain is opening early this weekend! Shred season is on!

Ugh so jealous! Baker is way behind pace, I'm watching all these early openings with longing right now.

Ugh so jealous! Baker is way behind pace, I'm watching all these early openings with longing right now.
Granted, its only 5 days early. I doubt I'll get more than two runs though because it will be crawling with people. 5000 people on 120 acres with 1 hour waits for the lift. You still aren't missing much. The new year is the real start of the season. Just a teaser, ya know?

Granted, its only 5 days early. I doubt I'll get more than two runs though because it will be crawling with people. 5000 people on 120 acres with 1 hour waits for the lift. You still aren't missing much. The new year is the real start of the season. Just a teaser, ya know?

Oh, totally. But still - we're sitting on just short of no snow right now, and it's nearly Thanksgiving. Not such a good start.

Oh, totally. But still - we're sitting on just short of no snow right now, and it's nearly Thanksgiving. Not such a good start.
I hear ya. We were there just last week. I'd be inclined to think that less snow now means more snow later. Spin it positive!

I hear ya. We were there just last week. I'd be inclined to think that less snow now means more snow later. Spin it positive!

I can get behind that. Big powder dumps!!

I have a ski house rented from December 21st to the 28th. Going to get the skis waxed up and ready to go tomorrow.

Now, uhhh..just for that snow part.

I need to come out there and show you boys how to do some real skiing

Not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have some vacation time planned mid January. I'm finally going to take the family and hit the bunny slopes for the very first time.

Back