The 2014-15 College Basketball Season

Jayhawks pulled one out tonight. Another sloppy game. Hope these young guys can get it together before march.

The 2014-15 College Basketball Season

I know today is a big day for college football.

But a very interesting hoops game is also taking place.

Virginia @ VCU

Two very good defensive teams , but with different styles of D.

Playing at the Siegel Center, may be one of the more hostile places UVA visits this year...and yes that includes Cameron.

The atmosphere at VCU for a big game is like few I've ever seen.

Best news it's on ESPNU at 2:00.

Watching the Lasalle/Temple game at The Palestra. One of the great courts in the history do the game. Also never get tired of the streamers thrown from each strident section after their teams respective baskets, and the opposing team intentionally missing the ensuing technical FT's by standing across the FT line. #BigFive #Tradition

Wow Michigan absolutely looks horrible against NJIT. Down by 7 at home with 8:06 left in second half. I don't even know who NJIT is...this is funny.

Jayhawks pulled one out tonight. Another sloppy game. Hope these young guys can get it together before march.
Self's teams always improve throughout the season. Still some young guys they are needing to lean on a bit too much. Solid work by some of the young guys making free throws down the stretch.

#Pitiful

#onceinlast15years

Wait. What? Show me the last 15 National Championship teams and I guarantee they have had "one and done" players. It's the landscape of college basketball now, like it or not. I'd love to see a 'go or stay X amount of years' system but until they do, you take the top talent regardless of how long they're going to stay.

I was speaking to kentucky.

Kentucky hasn't been a one and done factory for the last 15 years. Cal has been here since the 09-10 season. In that span UK has 1 National Title, 1 Runner-Up and an Elite Eight. Not too shabby.

Alex Poythress of Kentucky tore his ACL in practice yesterday, he's out for the season. Big blow to that team, he is so versatile with what he can do inside and outside.

Watched a really good game tonight. VCU beating Northern Iowa 93-87 in double overtime at the Siegel Center. Some really solid play from both teams.

Huge Gonzaga fan. We need to beat UCLA tonight. That OT loss to Zona last week stung. We're better than them we just missed free throws.

Huge Gonzaga fan. We need to beat UCLA tonight. That OT loss to Zona last week stung. We're better than them we just missed free throws.

It's looking pretty good so far!

Oklahoma takes on Oral Roberts tonight. We last played them in the 2012-2013 season and squeaked out a 63-62 win.

Alex Poythress of Kentucky tore his ACL in practice yesterday, he's out for the season. Big blow to that team, he is so versatile with what he can do inside and outside.

So sad for Alex. He's a great kid. Whether he plays again for UK or not, I hope he bounces back stronger than before.

First chance to watch Jahlil Okafor and I am really impressed with his low post game. His first step to basket is really impressive and he passes well out of the post too.

Really impressive for a freshman.

First chance to watch Jahlil Okafor and I am really impressed with his low post game. His first step to basket is really impressive and he passes well out of the post too.

Really impressive for a freshman.

He looks better than I thought he would be, one and done for sure.

#15 Oklahoma (7-2) plays #16 Washington (9-0) in Las Vegas on Saturday in the MGM Grand Showcase.

#15 Oklahoma (7-2) plays #16 Washington (9-0) in Las Vegas on Saturday in the MGM Grand Showcase.
We are not back to the billy tubbs days yet, but Lon has us going in the right direction

We are not back to the billy tubbs days yet, but Lon has us going in the right direction
I agree. I think he's building up a formidable program. Hopefully we can see a Sweet 16 or better run this year or next.

Eastern Kentucky beat University of Miami (18) 72-44 tonight in Coral Gables. How does that happen?

Eastern Kentucky beat University of Miami (18) 72-44 tonight in Coral Gables. How does that happen?

Probably the same way Michigan loses to NJIT. Just one of those things. One team has a good night and the other just stinks.

Probably the same way Michigan loses to NJIT. Just one of those things. One team has a good night and the other just stinks.

Yeah definitely can happen. Was Michigan ranked when they lost to NJIT, I honestly can't remember. But something tells me they may have been No. 7

It was score that really shocked me. Miami went scoreless for almost 9 minutes during the 2nd half and Eastern Kentucky went on a 22-2 run.

Yeah definitely can happen. Was Michigan ranked when they lost to NJIT, I honestly can't remember. But something tells me they may have been No. 7

It was score that really shocked me. Miami went scoreless for almost 9 minutes during the 2nd half and Eastern Kentucky went on a 22-2 run.

michigan was top 10 from what I recall. The score is definitely crazy, I don't recall seeing a non Ivy League game with a score that low. The joys of sports...never know what can happen

Back