ForTheLovOf A Putting Green

Which product for the grass did you end up selecting?

Went with poly putt 2 tone from synthetic grass warehouse. Found it to be very similar to the other products at a much lower price.

e1475ac3e95a0a291a35bb940b2bf894.jpg

Specs

c75ca83e13dc9f827cba8e14a41ce2c7.jpg

That looks great. Can't wait to see the finished project.

That green looks great! Well done sir. I"m sure the finished product will be incredible. I really need to get a basement so I can put in a golf station. :) Really need it here in the Midwest.... For now I'm alright with my BirdieBall

The holes a cut out under the material I'm just waiting to cut them until I have the actual holes. Hope these two videos work but just to give you a little demonstration on how realistic the turf is and some of the break that I put into the green itself.

Chipping
https://vimeo.com/115297555

Putting
https://vimeo.com/115297615

I can't wait for this thing to be complete!! I've spent all night just putting and chipping to the flag thing you see in the video. Hope I can keep it up and see where it brings me come next season

That's coming along great I wish I could do this in my basement

Very impressive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is really awesome! Mind sharing your parts list and costs? I'm curious to know what it takes to get something like this built compared to an "off the shelf" product.

This thing is awesome!

Very nice Bryan. Love how it rolls.

This is really awesome! Mind sharing your parts list and costs? I'm curious to know what it takes to get something like this built compared to an "off the shelf" product.

I'll see if I can put together a parts list here in the next few days for those who how would like it. I can tell you it cost roughly $750 (high estimate) and that's going with a pretty good priced green material.

Project is finally complete!!! Rolls great and pretty happy with the outcome. At least I can practice short game in the winter!

e05e1e5cc7ca53fce708a9ef8eb1e84b.jpg

Biggest break

https://vimeo.com/115587188

Looks fantastic Bryan. Great way to kill some long winter days.

Looks awesome!

8d2911a16ab538f79d3e7169b07b0e5c.jpg

Boys at it already.

looks really good, great set up and you can see the break in that putt from the video.

This is awesome! Great execution, looks like it turned out nicely!

Great looking setup, Nice Work!

Went with poly putt 2 tone from synthetic grass warehouse. Found it to be very similar to the other products at a much lower price.

Specs

The work is coming together nicely!! Well done!

What would you say your 'all in' price would be?

The work is coming together nicely!! Well done!

What would you say your 'all in' price would be?

All in I would say I spent $675. $500 was on the material itself. I still don't think I could have found anything in that price for an 8x12

That's a very nice looking green. Nice work! I'm envious.

~Rock

How'd you add the break/slope

Under the green there are two sheets of 7/16" plywood. So on the side I wanted to make the break I put wooden shims between the two sheets. It's hard to show on any video but besides the break that one side goes up hill or downhill depending on the direction you're putting as well.

Makes perfect sense to me now was just curious on how you did it.

Makes perfect sense to me now was just curious on how you did it.

I wanted one side to be flat so I could actually work on a few things with my putting but I also wanted to not have the same putts over and over again, making things some what challenging.

Back