What Activity Has "Foruming" Replaced Or Decreased

CAA_Beat

Reaction score
Handicap
I know much to the chagrin of our wives or significant others, a lot of us spend countless hours on THP.

I'm wondering since your joining THP, has it displaced some other leisure activity (we all know it has displaced work activity)?

For me it has pretty much replaced reading of books. I used to go through three to four a month. Now I haven't read one in a year. I have a whole pile that has accumulated after my fiancé finished them.

I used to only be on THP on my desktop at work or the computer at home. Then I bought an IPad and discovered Tapatalk and Boom, I can be on for a whole evening it seems sometimes.

I feel guilty about not reading as much, as I know Michelle always enjoyed discussing the books with me when I was done.

Now she just hears the latest trials and tribulations of you guys and ladies :)

So what if anything has THP replaced in your leisure time if anything.

Since I'm fairly young I grew up being on the Internet I can't think of anything it replaced.

Probably video games for me. I find I'd rather watch a show my wife loves, and THP at the same time. Win win.

For me, not much of a replacement as I have been working 2 jobs for quite a while. During lunch break or dinner breaks I do find myself browsing most of the time. This past year has been less then ideal for me, it helped me not thinking about that and live my life in happiness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably video games for me. I find I'd rather watch a show my wife loves, and THP at the same time. Win win.

Same here. But I find I often get involved in which house those couples are going to choose. Come on admit it, you know what show I'm talking about...LOL

Probably watching less TV. I'll jump on THP and put music on instead of sitting on the couch in from of the TV more often than not now.

Hasn't replaced anything but has cut into some reading.

Same for me

Less TV for me. I know my daughter gets mad when she catches me THPing away.

I would say it has replaced being on Facebook as much. I don't like Facebook but I spent a good amount of time on it. I've honestly wanted to just delete for a while. Now I just THP.

It takes away some sleep but mostly I partake in foruming when I have down time or am watching TV.

Same here. But I find I often get involved in which house those couples are going to choose. Come on admit it, you know what show I'm talking about...LOL
Hahaha yep I sure do!

Hasn't cut into anything but work. hahaha I watch less TV at home for sure though.

I will say that i read less. I used to go to bed, take mt phone out and read off my Kindle. Not I take my phone out, read the forums, and if I am not exhausted afterwards, i might read a page or two.

I'll add another vote for video games and TV in the evenings.

News shows. Since joining THP, I am "foruming" most nights unless we are out or something. Previous to THP, I would surf news shows for world events a politics. I still get my news fix, but I make my own judgements and don't really give a hoot about what this guy or that gal thinks about what some politician did or said.

Foruming has made me a happier individual, and my wife gets to watch what she wants!.....

Man, I need to tell her this...... That's like credit for a new putter or something! Oh, and I'm not even going into the whole work replacement thing. That could be used against me. Nope, no way!

JM

For me it has replaced watching movie or tv shows alot. I still have them on in the back ground but dont really pay attention to them now.

Hmm id say fantasy sports. I have always played fantasy football and basketball and I still do. However I used to come home from work do whatever little odds and ends I had to do then it was couch with tv on and me looking for a sleeper up ad comer on the waiver wire. I now mainly just THP on the couch after work and zone out on whatever show im watching unless its one of my top 2 or 3 shows. Then I THP at commercial breaks.

After reading this however I do now notice I play way less video games. Idk if it's just me getting older or being too tired after work or that alot of my friends dont have Xbox One yet or is it THP... im not sure.

Had friends on House Hunters International haha.

But yea, cut down on some video games/TV time. So nothing important really.

Definitely TV watching. Typically TV watching is only sports now and I am usually on THP while the TV is on.

Since I'm fairly young I grew up being on the Internet I can't think of anything it replaced.

This. 25 now, have been on forums since I was 13-ish. Talking to people that share the same interests as you makes the hobby that much better, I've met some of my best friends on forums.

Not being in a relationship anymore really increased my time online. Other than that probably watching TV, playing video games, and finishing work at home.

It's taken away a bit of my reading time, but a lot more TV time. Which I'm fine with, to be honest.

Exactly, I watch HGTV with Lynne a lot, but I still keep THP up on the computer and sometimes only look up to see which house is chosen. lol.

I too have found that my casual reading has been pretty much replaced by reading forums.

Mostly a replacement for general internet surfing/aimless time wasting for me. So, an improvement in my mind.

Back