Bridgestone J15 Q & A

Wow, lots of great options for irons and woods. This thread has got me more amped up than I already was for the Bridgestone releases.

In the J15 Cast irons, is the FAST undercut channel about increasing ball speed, forgiveness across the face, or both?

A special delivery was just dropped off at the Bridgestone Golf booth at the convention center! What kind of 'toy' might this be?

PGAShowTease_zpsd087a56a.jpg

PGAShowTease-2_zps9457c4cc.jpg

Are the custom shaft options for the irons an up charge or no up charge?

A special delivery was just dropped off at the Bridgestone Golf booth at the convention center! What kind of 'toy' might this be?

PGAShowTease_zpsd087a56a.jpg

PGAShowTease-2_zps9457c4cc.jpg

Golf carts for #THPLegacy?

In the J15 Cast irons, is the FAST undercut channel about increasing ball speed, forgiveness across the face, or both?

Simple answer, Both! The Flex Action Speed Technology is designed to increase ball speed. The undercut channel allows the CG and weighting to be pushed further out for added stability and MOI.

Also of note is the fact that the J15 Cast comes stock with the Nippon 950GH shafts. This shaft is very easy to load and gets the ball in the air easily. You don't have to work hard for good results with this shaft!

The J815 crown looks like an angry red praying mantis head.

Please sell the weights needed for the J715. I like to tinker and I dont go to golf stores. So make them available through your website..... please.

Please sell the weights needed for the J715. I like to tinker and I dont go to golf stores. So make them available through your website..... please.
Pretty sure throughout the coverage Dev Rickus has said they will be available for purchase online. Thought I saw a price out there too, $80 I thought.

Last edited:
This might be a stupid question but seeing that the Bridgestone line is finally going to be released into New Zealand will we be able to access the testing program?

Also is it only the e5,6,7 line of balls updated this year?

Looks like more quality gear from the most underrated club maker out there. The introduction of a 50* wedge is a smart move too and will please those who currently game B'Stone irons and need to fill that gap. Keep it up.

This thread has got me some pumped up for the Bridgestone University this weekend. I can't wait to try those CB irons out. Those have a high shot of being in my bag next season.

Tons of very solid information in this thread! Thank you for sharing all of your knowledge and insight with us!

Thanks Mellowman for the info! Great knowledge bombs dropped in here and I'm super pumped for this weekend

Using Tapatalk

I re-read this thread in it's entirety this morning. Some great info and you're doing a great job answering our questions, Elliot. I'm sure I'll learn a great deal more at Bridgestone University this weekend. But, this has been a great primer. Thanks.

MellowMan...I asked this on Instagram last night, but jut in case it gets lost in your timeline. The picture you posted of the 715 and 815 faces, it appeared to me the 815 has a deeper face, or is that just an illusion of the picture. I love a deep face, but honestly both drivers look phenomenal.

Saturday is going to be a fun day for the Bridgestone U crew. Some really great products to hit.

Saturday is going to be a fun day for the Bridgestone U crew. Some really great products to hit.
Fun may be a bit of an understatement!! You better take lots of pics and copious notes, I can't wait for a full rundown when you get back....j/k Have a blast and while we always enjoy pics and updates, don't let that take away from soaking it all in and enjoying every moment.

Pretty sure throughout the coverage Dev Rickus has said they will be available for purchase online. Thought I saw a price out there too, $80 I thought.

Sorry, I should have covered this yesterday... the J715 comes with a 10g and 4g weight. The J815 comes with 6g weight.

The aftermarket weights come in: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 grams. They will be offered individually and also as a kit.

Just because the PGA Show has moved inside doesn't mean we are done talking about J15 clubs! Here are some pics of Bridgestone Golf at the Equipment Testing Center at the PGA Show!

ETC-1_zpsf9a483bc.jpg

ETC-4_zpsfc466362.jpg

ETC-3_zpse76f5cf9.jpg

MellowMan...I asked this on Instagram last night, but jut in case it gets lost in your timeline. The picture you posted of the 715 and 815 faces, it appeared to me the 815 has a deeper face, or is that just an illusion of the picture. I love a deep face, but honestly both drivers look phenomenal.

Sorry for the delay.

J815 is every so slightly shallower.

Back