Bridgestone J15 Q & A

I don't think this was covered before...

On the J15DPF's, is the turbo rubber epoxied on, or is it basically clipped in? I've seen some pictures with it taken out and I am not sure if it's able to do that, or if it was for illustrative purposes. Seems like a silly question as I would believe it's epoxied securely on, but was just curious.

I don't think this was covered before...

On the J15DPF's, is the turbo rubber epoxied on, or is it basically clipped in? I've seen some pictures with it taken out and I am not sure if it's able to do that, or if it was for illustrative purposes. Seems like a silly question as I would believe it's epoxied securely on, but was just curious.

Good question cbaker2882!

The Turbo Rubber is permanently affixed to the club head.

You are correct, any pics you have seem with it removed are demo heads that are built to showcase the design and technology.

Bridgestone J15 Q & A

Sorry, I should have covered this yesterday... the J715 comes with a 10g and 4g weight. The J815 comes with 6g weight.

The aftermarket weights come in: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 grams. They will be offered individually and also as a kit.

I have a question to ask for those who don't know.

What will changing the weights accomplish other than changing head weight. For instance if you swap the weights out. Put the 10 were the 6 is and vice versus. How will it change shot shape. I know the answer but it hasn't been addressed from what I've seen. And there are many people here who don't know the tech specifics. Just trying to help them.

On a side note guys... Don't be afraid to ask any question. No question is stupid and shouldn't be asked. Not all of us have every bit of knowledge of physics and golf equipment.

Elliot what's the spin difference between the 715 & 815 heads?

Good question cbaker2882!

The Turbo Rubber is permanently affixed to the club head.

You are correct, any pics you have seem with it removed are demo heads that are built to showcase the design and technology.

Thank you! When should we start seeing the J15 irons and wedges in stores? Anything early for demos?

I really like the cut of bridgestones jib.

is the demo shipping system available in the UK?

when are the prices going to be revealed here?

Will this his series have a shelf life similar to the j40?

thanks

I have a question to ask for those who don't know.

What will changing the weights accomplish other than changing head weight. For instance if you swap the weights out. Put the 10 were the 6 is and vice versus. How will it change shot shape. I know the answer but it hasn't been addressed from what I've seen. And there are many people here who don't know the tech specifics. Just trying to help them.

On a side note guys... Don't be afraid to ask any question. No question is stupid and shouldn't be asked. Not all of us have every bit of knowledge of physics and golf equipment.

Thanks for teeing one up for me Bullfrog!

Before I jump into this, I want to note that the J715 and J815 drivers are ready to go right out of the box, you are not required to make adjustments to the weights. With that being said, the weights give the golfer and fitting professional such a wide range of options to manipulate all flight.

Lets talk J715 first... You have a weight port on the center of the sole toward the face and then a second port deeper in the clubhead toward the heel.
J715-1_zpsf1794ae5.jpg

There are three reasons to adjust the weights: Swing Weight, Directional Ball Control, and Trajectory.

Swing Weight: any 2 gram change up or down will adjust the swing weight of the driver by one point (to adjust swing weight you would need to purchase additional weights).

Directional Ball Control: more weight in the forward weight port slows the hands at impact (this is good for golfers that can get quick and close the toe down or duck hook the ball). more weight in the hel weight port make it easier to square the face at impact (this is good for golfers that either slice/fade and are looking for a neutral to draw bias).

Trajectory: as you change the weight the Center of Gravity of the club changes. More weight in the rear weight port means deeper CG and thus launches the ball higher. More weight in the front weight port means lower CG and a more penetrating ball flight.

Now the J815 is a little bit different because it only has the one weight port deep and in the heel.
J815-1_zpsd7d690fb.jpg

Once again we can adjust the weight port for: Swing Weight, Direction Control, and Trajectory (note: since there is only one port, the level of options is less)

Swing Weight: This driver comes stock at D2. Any 2 gram change in weight up or down will change the swing weight accordingly.

Directional Ball Control: going with a lighter weight creates an every so slight fade balance relative to the stock set up. A heavier weight will make it easier to square the toe and thus creates a draw bias.

Trajectory: More weight in the rear of the club lowers CG which in turn launches the ball higher. Less weight will lower the Cg slight and bring the ball flight down.

While we are talking about it, I may as well detail the J15 fairway wood also...
j15f-fairway-wood_zpsd0cd0d67.jpg

the fairway wood has one sole weight port in the center of the sole towards the face. With this weight set up you can adjust swing weight and center of gravity in the same fassion as the drivers. However since the weight is centered you cannot adjust directional control with the weight.

I think this gives a pretty good general overview of the weight technology. Please do not hesitate to ask follow up questions!

Awesome reply! You broke it down so even us lapers can understand it. Thanks! You hit the one I tee'd up right down the pipe.

Thanks for teeing one up for me Bullfrog!

Before I jump into this, I want to note that the J715 and J815 drivers are ready to go right out of the box, you are not required to make adjustments to the weights. With that being said, the weights give the golfer and fitting professional such a wide range of options to manipulate all flight.

Lets talk J715 first... You have a weight port on the center of the sole toward the face and then a second port deeper in the clubhead toward the heel.
J715-1_zpsf1794ae5.jpg

There are three reasons to adjust the weights: Swing Weight, Directional Ball Control, and Trajectory.

Swing Weight: any 2 gram change up or down will adjust the swing weight of the driver by one point (to adjust swing weight you would need to purchase additional weights).

Directional Ball Control: more weight in the forward weight port slows the hands at impact (this is good for golfers that can get quick and close the toe down or duck hook the ball). more weight in the hel weight port make it easier to square the face at impact (this is good for golfers that either slice/fade and are looking for a neutral to draw bias).

Trajectory: as you change the weight the Center of Gravity of the club changes. More weight in the rear weight port means deeper CG and thus launches the ball higher. More weight in the front weight port means lower CG and a more penetrating ball flight.

Now the J815 is a little bit different because it only has the one weight port deep and in the heel.
J815-1_zpsd7d690fb.jpg

Once again we can adjust the weight port for: Swing Weight, Direction Control, and Trajectory (note: since there is only one port, the level of options is less)

Swing Weight: This driver comes stock at D2. Any 2 gram change in weight up or down will change the swing weight accordingly.

Directional Ball Control: going with a lighter weight creates an every so slight fade balance relative to the stock set up. A heavier weight will make it easier to square the toe and thus creates a draw bias.

Trajectory: More weight in the rear of the club lowers CG which in turn launches the ball higher. Less weight will lower the Cg slight and bring the ball flight down.

While we are talking about it, I may as well detail the J15 fairway wood also...
j15f-fairway-wood_zpsd0cd0d67.jpg

the fairway wood has one sole weight port in the center of the sole towards the face. With this weight set up you can adjust swing weight and center of gravity in the same fassion as the drivers. However since the weight is centered you cannot adjust directional control with the weight.

I think this gives a pretty good general overview of the weight technology. Please do not hesitate to ask follow up questions!
Awesome explanation. This is why Bridgestone gets so much love from THP. You don't see any other OEM posting info and answering questions :)

Elliot, I'm going to be going from the DPCs to the DFs, what kind of changes should I expect to see from a forgiveness standpoint and also an overall distance standpoint?

Elliot what's the spin difference between the 715 & 815 heads?

The J815 is slightly lower than the J715 (its not a big enough difference to really quantify it).

I would also add, that both the J715 and J815 are 250-350rpms lower spinning than the J40 line of drivers.

Thank you! When should we start seeing the J15 irons and wedges in stores? Anything early for demos?

Some stock sets ship our st the beginning of February.

Some custom orders and our Test Drive demo program go live in middle of February.

As we get into the live golf ball fitting season, I would expect demo clubs at each ball fitting event also (let me research this a little bit more for you guys).

I really like the cut of bridgestones jib.

is the demo shipping system available in the UK?

when are the prices going to be revealed here?

Will this his series have a shelf life similar to the j40?

thanks

Thanks for the great questions IvanDrago! Here is the deal for international customers (this holds true for all of our products not just clubs).

We are Bridgestone Golf USA; we manufacture, sell, and market products in the United States. When it comes to international sales, we rely on our network on Bridgestone satellite offices and third party distributors. These distributors oversee the importation and distribution of our products for their region. In the UK for example, we have the somewhat new Bridgestone Golf UK that has done a great job of being our legs on the ground in the market.

So for international orders, I would suggest following up with the distributor in your area for all of the necessary information regarding availability. Don't get me wrong, Bridgestone Golf USA can answer technical and fitting questions all day long, but when it comes to availability you need to follow up with the distributor.

Here is the link to our distributor network: http://www.bridgestonegolf.com/product/dealer/locator/us

Let me know what else I can do to assist.

Elliot, I'm going to be going from the DPCs to the DFs, what kind of changes should I expect to see from a forgiveness standpoint and also an overall distance standpoint?

J38/J40 DPC to J15DF is not a big change in forgiveness. Now the new J15 DPF is more forgiving than the older DPC counterparts.

Distance wise it all depends on the golfer. You should see increased ball speed which will certainly help.

I've been gaming the J40 CBs for a little while. I saw where you compared them to the J15 CB. What advantage will I see if I were to go the J15DF?

I have gamed the j33 460, j38, j40 430. The j715 is going in my bag ASAP, it's on order. And my my my what a great looking driver, thanks for all this info, can't wait to tee it up in April @ Bandon.

I've been gaming the J40 CBs for a little while. I saw where you compared them to the J15 CB. What advantage will I see if I were to go the J15DF?

The J15DF is a club style that is totally new to our line up.

So relative to the J40CB you will see a little bit more stability and MOI. you will see a slightly higher ball flight (nothing dramatic). You will also see increase ball speed for added distance.

Stability meaning on off center strikes?So between the J15 DF / CB is there a forgiveness factor? Is there a KBS option available (Sorry if that's been asked)?

Was going to ask the KBS question also. As a side, is the hosel of the J15DF .355?

Thanks Elliot!

JM

Stability meaning on off center strikes?So between the J15 DF / CB is there a forgiveness factor? Is there a KBS option available (Sorry if that's been asked)?

Stability = forgiveness... the less the face is twisting on a toe shot, the more square the club face is to the target which leads to straighter shots.

Here is the post from yesterday with the full offering of shaft options.

Please contact your local Bridgestone Golf dealer for prices.

The full offering of custom options should be posted on our site soon. In the mean time here is a quick overview of shaft options for the J15 irons and wedges (Keep in mind these shaft options are always subject to change).
j15IronSpecs_zps7d1115ed.jpg

Here is the post from yesterday with the full offering of shaft options.

Please contact your local Bridgestone Golf dealer for prices.

Thank you. Unfortunately local dealer is not an option on the Baltimore/DC areas.

Can't wait till mid February to get my order in. I'm hoping I can call into Bstone and get my custom order that way. Won't they come quicker? Price should be about same as local fitter right?

Can't wait till mid February to get my order in. I'm hoping I can call into Bstone and get my custom order that way. Won't they come quicker? Price should be about same as local fitter right?

Two ways to order: your local Bridgestone Golf Dealer or via our website.

My gut says right at launch date, you probably want to order through a dealer. After the initial rush, feel free to ask this question again and I can give real time feed back on best ordering practices. But right out of the gate I would encourage you to stick with ordering from your local shop.

I am not 100% sure of the date club sales will go live on our site. I would say rather than waiting around, just order from your local shop and be done with it.

Actually, on that same note, most shops would probably be happy to take a pre-order from you before February which would put your order higher on the priority list.

Two ways to order: your local Bridgestone Golf Dealer or via our website.

My gut says right at launch date, you probably want to order through a dealer. After the initial rush, feel free to ask this question again and I can give real time feed back on best ordering practices. But right out of the gate I would encourage you to stick with ordering from your local shop.

I am not 100% sure of the date club sales will go live on our site. I would say rather than waiting around, just order from your local shop and be done with it.

Actually, on that same note, most shops would probably be happy to take a pre-order from you before February which would put your order higher on the priority list.

I don't know of any Bstone dealers in NW Ohio

Back