Nike Vapor Speed...hit them at Golfsmith today

DblBogey4Life

Reaction score
Handicap
Wow! Yes I admit I like some of the Nike golf equipment (Vrs-non covert) but I was really impressed.

I went with a buddy who wanted to try out the G30 line pretty convinced that those were what he wanted. While he was messing with them I picked up an i25 to hit for giggles (love the look, but don't think I have the consistent game for them). Then I saw the Vapor speed 7 iron and started hitting it. WOW! I'm not going to talk about distance (but it was long) I was amazed by the dispersion. 30 balls landed in a 15 yard circle. Picked up the hybrid and the same thing. WOW. The Vapor speed driver was a little different, a 20 yard circle. Plus Golfsmith had the entire set (4-AW) in the demo bag. And finally, Nike have put a decent Golf Pride grip. If people give it a chance, this could be their breakthrough line.

But, not perfect...
The color is awful, but you only see it in the bag. They have not sent out the fitting cart. Couldn't try any options. Only the Speed line demos available.

If you are in the market, check these out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To me, they are beautiful. I haven't hit them yet, but I have heard good stuff.

Did they get the black PVD issue fixed yet on them ?

Interesting enough, I was at the PGA Superstore here in Myrtle Beach today, and i also tested a couple shots on one of their irons.. Nice :) going back tomorrow to try out more and some other lines and pick what I want to buy.

Back