PGA Tour pros gaming old equipment

moosejaa

Mr. Inconsistent
Reaction score
Handicap
Saw this on the Mark Crossfield FB page. Looks like Sneds is playing a 2009 TM Burner Superfast. I think it's from the current AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am.

Do you think it means anything in regards to the new equipment when the pros won't take the older stuff out of their bag?

Last edited:
I don't believe that is a current picture of Brandt.

Crossfield's post was from today. Same pic is on PGATour.com.

The darrell survey is likely the only way to know for sure. JB would likely be able to get access to that info. Could also tweet @JCKinchen

I thought be broke that driver last year and switched to an sldr

Apparently the Superfast broke in 2013

I thought be broke that driver last year and switched to an sldr

You're probably more up on it than me blu but this is on his own official site.

[video=youtube_share;Fl-GS5IeV-s]http://youtu.be/Fl-GS5IeV-s[/video]

Apparently the Superfast broke in 2013

I suppose the initial question is still valid. He gamed it 4 years after it's release and I think there are other pros gaming older equipment.

So to answer you original question is seems to be a comfort thing for Sneds. I would say he is the exception and not the rule. Crossfield seems to be grasping at straws to try to make his argument.

I suppose the initial question is still valid. He gamed it 4 years after it's release and I think there are other pros gaming older equipment.
Does that mean that newer equipment isn't better or that the independent contractors on the PGA Tour feel more comfortable with the tools they know, since those tools are responsible for feeding their families.

The original photo posted was from yesterdays round. He is still gaming the BSF.

Does that mean that newer equipment isn't better or that the independent contractors on the PGA Tour feel more comfortable with the tools they know, since those tools are responsible for feeding their families.

Really...worried about feeding their families...sounds like an NBA player comment when they went on strike. But I would say it's probably a little bit of both.

So to answer you original question is seems to be a comfort thing for Sneds. I would say he is the exception and not the rule. Crossfield seems to be grasping at straws to try to make his argument.
To use two players who dont have a professional win in over two years seems like a bad plan of attack for making a point.

Really...worried about feeding their families...sounds like an NBA player comment when they went on strike. But I would say it's probably a little bit of both.
The only contracts a PGA tour player has is with their sponsors. Guys like Rory and Phil are the exceptions.

The only contracts a PGA tour player has is with their sponsors. Guys like Rory and Phil are the exceptions.
I understood what you were saying about the feeding their families comment and I do pretty much agree with the sentiment but I do gotta say I'm pretty sure Sneeiker is making great money on all his sponsor deals and commercials, way more than a lot of other golfers, you can't go 10 mins without seeing his MasterCard comercials. Lolol

To use two players who dont have a professional win in over two years seems like a bad plan of attack for making a point.

To be fair his post was just the pic asking what Sneds was gaming. There was a comment on Westwood and another one even mentioning how Tiger didn't want to take the Victory Red out of his bag. And how well known are both of them and where are they ranked (63, 27)? They're not nobodies.

I understood what you were saying about the feeding their families comment and I do pretty much agree with the sentiment but I do gotta say I'm pretty sure Sneeiker is making great money on all his sponsor deals and commercials, way more than a lot of other golfers, you can't go 10 mins without seeing his MasterCard comercials. Lolol
That is true. He isn't hurting. But I don't think Crossfield's butt hurt point is well made by using two players as examples who've not won in two years

To be fair his post was just the pic asking what Sneds was gaming. There was a comment on Westwood and another one even mentioning how Tiger didn't want to take the Victory Red out of his bag. And how well known are both of them and where are they ranked (63, 27)? They're not nobodies.

Dude, you brought up MC. I simply stated it was a comfort thing for Sneds to answer you question.

Crossfield is doing everything he can to prove his point, I am sure he's taking heat for being a bell end regarding his childish tirade against Nike,

Once again, what does it matter what PGA pros play? Play what works best for your game, whether its new or old.

Crossfield's trying to prove that a golfer doesn't need new gear to be good, he's right. But that doesn't mean that new equipment isn't more improved. Crossfield is a grumpy and stubborn. He is grasping at straws.

Dude, you brought up MC. I simply stated it was a comfort thing for Sneds to answer you question.

Dude, just saying he wasn't making an argument. It was just a pick and question on his page. I just asked a question based on it. Seems like Crossfield isn't too popular.

Dude, just saying he wasn't making an argument. It was just a pick and question on his page. I just asked a question based on it. Seems like Crossfield isn't too popular.

If you don't think he is making a point than I think you are just missing it. Lots of discussion over his recent videos dismissing new tech.

Mark Crossfield

5 hrs ·

What year is that driver from? ‪#‎shinnynewtoys‬

Back