Calling all Carolinians

Wish I could. Won't be able to make it and that sucks so bad would love to be able to at least try and get in

My entry is in.

I would but right now my game is beyond bad and funds are tight. Wisht the best of luck to all the Crolinians that enter and get the chance.

I'm in, I've been trying hard to get in this one.

I was all set to brave the 34* air for 18 holes this morning after I got off work. Went to check the TomTom watch battery and it needed an update... which in turn wiped the course memory from it and took an hour to reinstall all of them. I'm not sure if that's a sign or just bad luck.

Every course I've called is closed today. The last course i called i asked if it was just too wet and they told me it was because they still have a little snow on the ground.......really?

when you guys play Lonnie Poole next week come down the road to the partners 1 building and say hi. I'll be working while you're playing. It's all good though, I'm in Hilton Head for the weekend :)

Calling all Carolinians

Alright we are set for Lonnie Poole next Thursday. We have the 1:10 and 1:20 tee times. I need to know who is 100% confirmed ASAP if you can't confirm by Wednesday I am going to release the spot back to the course so I don't have to pay the cancelation charge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me, since it is a three hour drive, I'll have to wait til next week to confirm with all the rain that is in the forecast for the next few days. Even the extended forecast, for what that's worth, is calling for rain on Thursday.

Calling all Carolinians

For me, since it is a three hour drive, I'll have to wait til next week to confirm with all the rain that is in the forecast for the next few days. Even the extended forecast, for what that's worth, is calling for rain on Thursday.
Completely understand that as long as you know by Wednesday and let me know during the day we should be good. I am not putting much stock in our extended forecast yet although it is calling for am rain Thursday as of now.

Alright we are set for Lonnie Poole next Thursday. We have the 1:10 and 1:20 tee times. I need to know who is 100% confirmed ASAP if you can't confirm by Wednesday I am going to release the spot back to the course so I don't have to pay the cancelation charge
I'll be coming up, rain or shine. Will be fun to hang with CJ again, and I know Shane is dying to get my autograph so I can't disappoint him. If the rain is (God forbid) bad, what's the backup plan? Most likely will need to head home around 6-ish as I told the wife I'd be home no later than 9p.

I'll be coming up, rain or shine. Will be fun to hang with CJ again, and I know Shane is dying to get my autograph so I can't disappoint him. If the rain is (God forbid) bad, what's the backup plan? Most likely will need to head home around 6-ish as I told the wife I'd be home no later than 9p.

Hang out in the club house/restaurant and tell internet golfer tales ? If that doesn't work we can always find a local place. Tons of places down the street from campus. I am still crossing my fingers that there is no rain/only light rain if it does.

Isn't it supposed to be in the 70s? If it's just a little rain, I'll have no issues. It's the thunderstorms they're calling for that will keep me off the course.

Isn't it supposed to be in the 70s? If it's just a little rain, I'll have no issues. It's the thunderstorms they're calling for that will keep me off the course.

70's is wed I think Thursday they are saying 50's even still it should be ok they are saying am rain and it will be spotty which means it will change 502389 times between now and thursday . I share the same outlook although I wont play in a downpour. I think we should be fine.

We thought we were going to be freezing when we played Tot Hill and it actually wasn't too bad at all. Hopefully Thursday will be the same way.

I certainly hope so. Our courses are so wet here hardly any place was open yesterday and today. More of something tomorrow and possibly Tues and Wedn. Although i cant wait to play with THPers again, I dont wanna drive 3 hours to play a swamp with cart path only conditions. I really hope this works out.

Want to give a big thanks to duecey I bought his xcg6 irons and he was awesome to work with.

Deuce is good peoples.......

Deuce is good peoples.......

He was cool with me looking around and researching and taking my time. Packing was great too I think that box could have survived being run over.

Thanks for the kind words folks. pumbaa, I hope you enjoy those sticks. They were my first true set of irons (gamed a set of hyrons before that), and they should take as good care of you as they did for me. Hit them straight and long bro!

Sorry guys but I'm out for Thursday. Have a great time everyone.

Sorry guys but I'm out for Thursday. Have a great time everyone.
Yeah, looking pretty miserable for Thursday right now. Raleigh have an indoor facility?

Who's bringing this bad weather with them?

Yeah, looking pretty miserable for Thursday right now. Raleigh have an indoor facility?

Who's bringing this bad weather with them?

Not that I know of. I think if the moisture holds off we will be cold but ok. If not our plan was grab a bite to eat and hit up one of the golf stores for some club demoing but this is absolute worst case. Still holding hope the round will go off without a hitch but I don't think we will know until the day of.

On a different note Tyler (tpluff) will now be coming down with CJ as well

Not that I know of. I think if the moisture holds off we will be cold but ok. If not our plan was grab a bite to eat and hit up one of the golf stores for some club demoing but this is absolute worst case. Still holding hope the round will go off without a hitch but I don't think we will know until the day of.

On a different note Tyler (tpluff) will now be coming down with CJ as well
Just what my budget needs ... a trip to Golfsmith. :tongue:

Hoping the weather holds off and/or Lonnie Poole has very good drainage. I'll be sure to pack a coat and maybe pick up a rain suit just in case.

I am still planning on being there. I'm hoping to just be cold instead of cold, wet and miserable. This steel filled body doesn't move well in the cold. Maybe I will go buy one of those propane heaters before I come.

Back