PGA Tour Messin with Texas ?

BirdieShacks

Reaction score
Handicap
I am aware of the Texas banter on THP ... Ive read all the pages of the Regional Rivalry thread. However the Tour may have subscribed the everything being bigger and better in Texas. Rumors are the Matchplay will be moving to Austin starting next year with Dell as a title sponsor. I believe... correct me if Im wrong they will tie for the lead in most events per year per state??? Obviously Florida is still king with the winter and off season/funny season events being held there.

Texas:
Colonial
Nelson
Shell Houston
Valero
Matchplay (**Austin)

Florida:
Honda
Doral
Valspar
Bayhill
Players

California:
Humana (may move away from Cali)
Farmers Insurance
Pebble
Frys Open

So... Austin CC ... Is it worthy of the matchplay and will the top players really want to play a Matchplay tournament just 2 weeks before The Masters ?

Austin CC no, but Austin Golf Club, YES

I am aware of the Texas banter on THP ... Ive read all the pages of the Regional Rivalry thread. However the Tour may have subscribed the everything being bigger and better in Texas. Rumors are the Matchplay will be moving to Austin starting next year with Dell as a title sponsor. I believe... correct me if Im wrong they will tie for the lead in most events per year per state??? Obviously Florida is still king with the winter and off season/funny season events being held there.

Texas:
Colonial
Nelson
Shell Houston
Valero
Matchplay (**Austin)

Florida:
Honda
Doral
Valspar
Bayhill
Players

California:
Humana (may move away from Cali)
Farmers Insurance
Pebble
Frys Open

So... Austin CC ... Is it worthy of the matchplay and will the top players really want to play a Matchplay tournament just 2 weeks before The Masters ?

Austin CC no, but Austin Golf Club, YES

Yes. But, there ain't no way Austin GC is going to let camera crews on the property. :angel:

Possibly the most nondescript entry to any club in the US?

AGC_zpsqyspjcty.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Austin Country Club is shut down through Oct. 2015 for a full remodel. Should be amazing. Just played there in December and it will make for some fantastic golf and views from the course.

Yes. But, there ain't no way Austin GC is going to let camera crews on the property. :angel:

AGC_zpsqyspjcty.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Don't disagree at all, was thinking more from the standpoint that ACC is not in the same league and while a very nice CC it is not tour caliber.

I used to live in Austin and here was my view from my company's conference room:

291jgp0.jpg

And here are some views from the course back up to the Lake Austin Bridge:

epn9ex.jpg

Interested in seeing the re-design because the land has some definite possibilities.

I just read about it this AM and think it would be pretty cool. I would drive down for a round.

AGC_zpsqyspjcty.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Should have added, if you want nondescript Pine Valley is right up there, long road with rail road tracks on one side, lower income track housing on the other and 100 year old amusement park. You come to the entrance (if you get there before the Pine Valley Police/Security) greet you are scratching your head as to where this wonderland of golf is located.

Back