Stolen Clubs - Nashville

This is a huge fear of mine. This really sux that it happened, especially to a fellow THPer.

Gentlemen, I am amazed at how many of you have offered to help in different ways.
Please know that the purpose of posting this wasn't to solicit any kind of charity. I would hate anyone to view it as such.
I just want everyone who comes across this post to be a tad more diligent in protecting what they have. Hopefully, I'll be able to recover what was taken from me in time to make my first THP event in Kentucky. If not, you'll surely be seeing me filtering through the THP Marketplace... Slowly but surely.
We are lucky to be given the gift of golf, and even though I will be out of it for awhile, I am still fortunate enough to be a member of this FIRST CLASS organization. Thank you, Hackers!

Gentlemen, I am amazed at how many of you have offered to help in different ways.
Please know that the purpose of posting this wasn't to solicit any kind of charity. I would hate anyone to view it as such.
I just want everyone who comes across this post to be a tad more diligent in protecting what they have. Hopefully, I'll be able to recover what was taken from me in time to make my first THP event in Kentucky. If not, you'll surely be seeing me filtering through the THP Marketplace... Slowly but surely.
We are lucky to be given the gift of golf, and even though I will be out of it for awhile, I am still fortunate enough to be a member of this FIRST CLASS organization. Thank you, Hackers!

...but if it all goes south, I might call ya on it! Lol!

I appreciate the post to bring awareness... this is a big fear but unfortunately there are bad people everywhere you go ... Aside from not leaving clubs on the bag stand anyone got any tips for prevention ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate the post to bring awareness... this is a big fear but unfortunately there are bad people everywhere you go ... Aside from not leaving clubs on the bag stand anyone got any tips for prevention ?

Always keep one of your group with the clubs. Unfortunately, I play alone quite a bit, so I'm gonna be that guy who lugs his bag inside. Either that, or I will not retrieve my clubs from my car until after I've paid, and vice-versa.

My clubs were stolen in 2001 and it sucked so much. I actually saw the guy carrying my empty travel bag, wearing my clothes the Saturday after he stole them. I was living in LA at the time and I called the cops. Unfortunately they didn't get there in time.

About 6 months later, I got a call and the LAPD caught him. I was able to ID him and actually testified in court over it. The dude was facing his 3rd strike and 25 to life in prison. Eventually, he pled down and spent 2 years in the slammer.

My point is that there is always hope. I didn't get the clubs back as he already pawned them but I did get my digital camera back (along with a video of him pleasuring himself on it) and my college football varsity bag back. Who would have thought that in LA of all places, petty theft would have been solved. Keep your hopes up and who knows, the scum bag may be caught.

That's my hometown for ya. Did you keep the video? Ha!

Very sorry to hear this happened to you. I hope you get good news Monday from the insurance agent

SO sorry to hear about the theft. I wish I could help with replacing your stolen clubs.

Curious? Do you have a back-up set? The only reason I ask ask is that I built a back up set of clubs, partly to travel and just in case something happen to my main set....

Dax

Curious? Do you have a back-up set? The only reason I ask ask is that I built a back up set of clubs, partly to travel and just in case something happen to my main set....

Dax

Sure don't. These were my backup irons that I got for a pretty good price. Unforeseen circumstances came about back in December, so I sold off my 714 AP2's. Who needs two sets of irons, right?

Well...

...but if it all goes south, I might call ya on it! Lol!

This news sucks big time. So sorry to hear.

I don't have anything of the quality that was taken. But I have a JetSpeed 3W that I'd be happy to send your way.

Just PM me with your addy if you things don't work out.

Sure don't. These were my backup irons that I got for a pretty good price. Unforeseen circumstances came about back in December, so I sold off my 714 AP2's. Who needs two sets of irons, right?

Well...

Sorry to hear that. My back up set is:
Driver: X-Hot 10.5 degree
3 wood: Callaway Diablo Edge
Hybrids: Nike Sumo 4 & 5
Irons: Callaway X-24 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 52-56-60
Putter: Nike Method Core 001

If you want to borrow it, PM me...

Dax

Last edited:
If you were at McCabe today in Nashville, grabbed my clubs off the stand and took off... You had best pray I don't find you....

Totally gutted... I don't know how people can do that to each other... Can't imagine a worse feeling...

Sorry to hear brother. I have been a victim of club theft three times, unbelievably. It's one of the worst feelings you can experience. If I come across some extra clubs or anything that could help out, I'll send you a message and ship it to you. Karma is a b*tch, the person that stole your clubs will get theirs.

I have a couple drivers and a few spare irons. Pm if u are interested.

This has always been a fear of mine, so I keep my clubs in sight always.

I was at a range once, just me and one other guy, and the guy came over and started chatting, no big deal, but I noticed that he stayed REALLY close to my bag and started asking questions about my clubs. So I stopped hitting balls and moved between him and my bag. After a little more conversation he left. BTW, he was there with just one club.

It may have been nothing, but I wasn't taking chances.

I pray you get your clubs back AND the thief gets caught.

Sorry to hear this man, there is nothin worse than a thief, I hope you are some how able to retrieve your gear.

Wow man, I'm so sorry. To have this happen to a Vet is even worse, its disgusting.

I really wish I had some decent extra clubs I'd give them to you stat. Unless you want some early 80s Spalding Executives that badly need to be regriped. :act-up:

Bottom line.......Never leave your bag/clubs unattended, any time, any place.

Sorry about your loss. It may not even have been a golfer who stole the clubs - with the price/value of golf clubs these days I'd imagine they'd be easy to sell and make some good money. Except for friends, don't trust anyone at the course.

Good luck in assembling you bag again.

Sorry about your loss. It may not even have been a golfer who stole the clubs - with the price/value of golf clubs these days I'd imagine they'd be easy to sell and make some good money. Except for friends, don't trust anyone at the course.

Good luck in assembling you bag again.

True, most likely just some douchebag casing out the place and waiting for unsuspecting golfers to walk away from their gear.

Just received a call and I GOT MY CLUBS BACK!!!!!! :joy:

A guy at the course had a heart attack in the parking lot yesterday. His group, in a rush to get him to the hospital, ran to grab all their gear, including his. One of them thought my bag was his and didn't realize the mistake until late last night. They just returned it to the course!

I hope he is ok, but I've never been so glad a guy had a heart attack. Probably the worst thing i've ever said in my life.

Wow, glad this worked out so well for you. Hope the heart attack victim is ok as well.

JM

Just received a call and I GOT MY CLUBS BACK!!!!!! :joy:

A guy at the course had a heart attack in the parking lot yesterday. His group, in a rush to get him to the hospital, ran to grab all their gear, including his. One of them thought my bag was his and didn't realize the mistake until late last night. They just returned it to the course!

I hope he is ok, but I've never been so glad a guy had a heart attack. Probably the worst thing i've ever said in my life.
Glad to hear this all worked out in the end. An understandable and honest mistake. Buy those guys a beer or lunch next time you see them.

Glad you got your clubs back. I have a co worker that lives in the Mccabe area. He had his clubs stolen from his car in December.

Glad you got your clubs back , and hope the guy will be fine .

Back