Bridgestone, I know you are here

I think by "expensive" some people have mentioned that they don't necessarily have or want to have anywhere from $600 to $1,000 tied up on their cc's in way of a hold. I can understand that thought.

That said I think it is great Bridgestone offered the Test Drive. It's an option mo other OEM offers that I'm aware of. And a great opportunity to try something that isn't readily available in stores yet.

Mellowman had mentioned several times they will have clubs available at all the Ball Fitting days. This may turn out to be a huge success. Hopefully the locations that host them will see the interest and start carrying a few clubs in stock.

I'd order and play yellow grips without any problem. Seems like some don't like bright positive outlooks on things and prefer a more dark gloomy approach. But that's fine. We all have different opinions and likes and dislikes.

I like the look of the yellow and I think it's a good idea in their marketing strategy, whether it works or not will be seen, but they want something that will stand out in a store amongst all the black grips.

the test drive is a great idea and I do think some people have an issue with that much tied up on their cc and I get why they do it and some might get scared that they forget to send back on time.

If you can't afford the $20 to get the opportunity to demo the clubs at your convenience and have them shipped to your door, should you really be in the market for new sticks? I will also add that their live chat team is the best in the business and has so much knowledge about the their equipment. It is a free service they offer that can help make sure you are playing the right equipment for your game.

Don't forget that with the irons, you can bend them to your lie angle while testing as well. They do ask that you leave them be though and not bend back. How convenient is that?!

JM

I love the test drive program. I don't play at a fancy country club that has a full pro shop. Bridgestone is the only oem that offers me the opportunity to demo their clubs on my home course, which is way more useful than hitting them in a simulator.

I enjoy the grip issue. Pretty sure they have options that are not an up charge for shafts and grips, and the yellow is doing exactly what they want it to.. stands out and gets people curious about it.

The irons themselves are soooo clean. Stunning, really.

Getting back to the original point of the post, I assume he is referring to the lack of presence by Bridgestone at this weekend's Boston Golf Expo? If that's the case, then I have to agree with Art. Really not understanding why their local rep can't be at a regional show with the latest offerings. The test drive program is fantastic, but given the weather and limited indoor facility access, the chances of putting it to use is slim to none.

I am very sad for the golfers who live in areas where they are forced to play Bridgestone, forced to participate in the Test Drive program, forced to buy and keep yellow grips, etc. It is really unfortunate that the other OEMs aren't available to them and they have no other options.

Getting back to the original point of the post, I assume he is referring to the lack of presence by Bridgestone at this weekend's Boston Golf Expo? If that's the case, then I have to agree with Art. Really not understanding why their local rep can't be at a regional show with the latest offerings.

Not 100% sure on this, but I think Joe and Leigh's and Golfsmith are the main drivers behind the expo and I know neither one of them have Bridgestone clubs both in their stores, aside from the one golf ball fitting they do, you don't see Bridgestone as presence with either one.

Not saying that is good but that might explain the lack of exposure their.

Also, as to the yellow grips, not a fan of the golf prides but they offer plenty of other options with no upcharge (lamkins options are lacking though).

Using Tapatalk

Bridgestone's irons and wedges are simply the best in the business in my humble opinion. It's amazing how such a mind blowing product isn't sitting in more big box stores but I do understand why it is so.
Even as a Titleist homer, the J40 irons were so far and away better than the AP2's it was shocking. The J40 wedges are game-changing and vastly superior to anything else out there...and they are cheaper.

Getting back to the original point of the post, I assume he is referring to the lack of presence by Bridgestone at this weekend's Boston Golf Expo? If that's the case, then I have to agree with Art. Really not understanding why their local rep can't be at a regional show with the latest offerings. The test drive program is fantastic, but given the weather and limited indoor facility access, the chances of putting it to use is slim to none.

Yes gr8, you hit the nail on the head. And golfsmith does do bridgestone because last summer i spoke to the BS rep at a demo day for the golfsmith in seekonk, ma. I am grateful that they have the test drive program, and yes it is virtually free, and at this point in time useless to many of us. I mentioned to both the Wilson rep and Srixon rep my gratitude for making their wares accessible to me/us at the show. I also mentioned the bs test drive program and asked if "they" have entertained the thought of doing the same. Both said no intention of doing so. it just seems like an opportunity missed

As a Bridgestone fan, I can understand the frustration, and I see the point about not having any representation at a local golf show. Maybe there was 2 shows on the same weekend in that territory...? Who knows, but I think any frustration on availability should be directed at the retailers, not Bridgestone. Bridgestone has been trying for years to get their product (clubs) into more stores, but the retailers pass them over because they don't think they are popular enough, or they have too much inventory from other OEMs or other reasons. Typically when you hear store employees say they want to carry their clubs, but don't, it's not because Bridgestone won't sell them, it's because that company's buyer decided not to bring them in. If more consumers would tell store managers that they want Bridgestone clubs I think we would see an increase in availability, which would also increase demo club options.

I am pretty sure I would own the J40 DPC's if I could have demoed them in a golf store. Demo program is great but they were always sold out in the shafts closest to what I need. Sadly the looks of their replacement just don't do it for me. For some reason Bridgestone has always been a brand I wanted in the bag.

Not sure I 100% understand what's going on in this thread. Looks like people are upset that Bridgestone isn't every where and that Bridgestone is more focused on promoting Fehrety, and not their clubs? It just seems strange to me. I don't think BStone is doing anything to promote the career of Fehrety. He seems to be doing fine on his own. He's an entertaining person and they're using him to promote their golf balls and tires. He's easily recognized just by his voice alone. That's just good marketing IMO.

I enjoy the grip issue. Pretty sure they have options that are not an up charge for shafts and grips, and the yellow is doing exactly what they want it to.. stands out and gets people curious about it.

The irons themselves are soooo clean. Stunning, really.

And, it's not like grips are permanent. I don't think I've bought a set of irons in 2 years where the first thing that I changed wasn't the grips.

While I would like to see Bridgestone in more retail stores for their benefit, I do think that they have enough presence now that people know where to find their equipment. They have a HUGE presence in the ball category, and it leads people to their website, which then brings them the info on the clubs. A simple search for info brings them to THP where A TON of info is available on them, including in hand photos and personal comparisons.

So many businesses are growing because of their social media presence, not because of a physical presence. I believe Bridgestone is taking that route and it is working for them. It is a cheaper way to get information and product knowledge out there than to start sending reps out to so many places and just shipping boatloads of clubs out to retailers to sell. I think this is just the marketing route they have chosen and if it works well then stick to it!

While I would like to see Bridgestone in more retail stores for their benefit, I do think that they have enough presence now that people know where to find their equipment. They have a HUGE presence in the ball category, and it leads people to their website, which then brings them the info on the clubs. A simple search for info brings them to THP where A TON of info is available on them, including in hand photos and personal comparisons.

So many businesses are growing because of their social media presence, not because of a physical presence. I believe Bridgestone is taking that route and it is working for them. It is a cheaper way to get information and product knowledge out there than to start sending reps out to so many places and just shipping boatloads of clubs out to retailers to sell. I think this is just the marketing route they have chosen and if it works well then stick to it!

I have to agree. I like to think that Bridgestone knows what they are doing. They have a plan that I see working for them in the long haul. Social media has changed a lot of things and I think it is good idea that golf heads in that direction. Bridgestone is doing the right thing.

Back