Wilson Staff Infinite Southside Putters

POndering either the Windy City, Michigan Ave or the Lake Shore - I think Windy City or Michigan Ave are the top two... definitely need to roll these guys.

Still loving my Southside. Starting to get real comfortable with it now.

I'm itching for some feedback here!
I can't help but be curious how the milling on these feels, and how it compares to some others.
yeah I was shocked too and that was before I knew the price tag.
The milling on this line is what really had me excited about it along with the counterbalance aspect of things. But the milling was perfect. Not too deep, but noticeable. The feel was great.

I completely agree, I'm moving from an insert in my Odyssey to the Lakeshore. When I first picked this club up, I thought the feel of it was perfect. Then thought, I want one of these... but I probably don't want to pay retail for it....then BOOM the $100 retail bomb was dropped on us.

Still wish there was more product out there for folks to try. It will be funny if a Wilson putter helps them win over more new customers. When these first emerged a lot of people said they had no shot to succeed. I assume they are giving up some margin points at $100.00 They don't advertise much so it probably does not hurt too much.

Still loving my Southside. Starting to get real comfortable with it now.
Nice! I like hearing this from my #THPLegacy teammate!

Got in 26 holes this afternoon with my Southside. My putting was the best it's been in a long time.

This is course has some pretty tough greens with a lot break & slope. I was able to cozy up several long putts for easy tap ins.

Even if I wasn't prepping for the THPLegacy, I'd be gaming this putter with no hesitation. I love it.

Rolled a ton of putts on the birdie ball green tonight with the Southside. I hope to get as consistent inside of 8' on the course as I am on the birdie ball.

Nice Shakey, that's awesome!

It's either this one or an FGP... I need to roll one though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does it bother anyone else how on Tapatalk this thread has a giant pic of a Nike putter?

Does it bother anyone else how on Tapatalk this thread has a giant pic of a Nike putter?
I don't use Tapatalk because of how much people on hear complain about it. Why does it show a Nike putter?

I've had a few technical issues with my camera and such that it working out, but a new thread will go up tonight on these with a couple models I'm getting to review in hand.

I've had a few technical issues with my camera and such that it working out, but a new thread will go up tonight on these with a couple models I'm getting to review in hand.
Looking forward to it!

I don't use Tapatalk because of how much people on hear complain about it. Why does it show a Nike putter?
It's JB's fault. :tongue: I assume Tapatalk uses photo's shown in the thread, and JB happened to post a Nike putter for comparison ... and tapatalk latched onto it like a leech. It's not even the first photo posted, so who knows why tapatalk went with that one.

Really really thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these.

I tweeted this out, looking for an answer. Not sure if the other #PersonalDistance guys remember. Is the counterbalance weight in the grip itself or just at the top of the shaft. If you wanted to re-grip this, would it be counterproductive?

Grip. I believe they said it's a 108 gram grip.

The honeymoon officially ended today with the Southside. I never felt comfortable over the putter.

At least it got better in the 2nd 18 holes I played, but I couldn't make a 3 footer in the first 18.

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside Putters

Grip. I believe they said it's a 108 gram grip.

104 gram grip. Squints it's just heavier than normal. You could put whatever you want on it just keep the grip end weight approximately the same. I tried this on my seemore and it worked fine. I used my kitchen scale to measure the weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wandered in to my GolfTown this weekend, looking for these. Nada. Asked the staff about them, and they said they have no idea what's going to show up for inventory but they might have a set of D200s somewhere.

I'd really like to try these out, but if I can't lay hands on them, its a non-starter. Checked the golf show coming up...no Wilson mentioned.
I'm just not going to pick one up unless I can try it. Wilson was never exactly high profile in the local shops, but this is frustrating.

Wandered in to my GolfTown this weekend, looking for these. Nada. Asked the staff about them, and they said they have no idea what's going to show up for inventory but they might have a set of D200s somewhere.

I'd really like to try these out, but if I can't lay hands on them, its a non-starter. Checked the golf show coming up...no Wilson mentioned.
I'm just not going to pick one up unless I can try it. Wilson was never exactly high profile in the local shops, but this is frustrating.
I've managed to find a set of D100s, a set of D200s and one blur FG Tour wedge in Canada....that's it.

The blue wedges are spectacular

I had a pretty good weekend putting the ball over the 54 holes I played. There were a few jerky strokes on some shorter putts, but I continue to get more and more comfortable with this putter from inside 30 feet. I had intended to throw a super stroke grip on the putter as soon as I bought it, but I really like the stock grip. Hopefully my comfort level with the 3-6 footers will continue to increase with this putter.

Honeymoon with the South Side is over. It's really my first center shafted attempt, and it just doesn't work for me unless the greens are very fast.

Back