Calling all Carolinians

Cool. Ive really wanted to take lessons there. I look forward to your assessment.

This will be my second lesson there, and i really liked the first one and have already seen substantial gains/consistency in my swing.

I have a lesson in Charlotte (Ballentine) On Sunday from 12-2pm. Anyone in the area want to get a round or 9 holes in sometime after?

EDIT: Or just a beer or 3 with maybe a cigar?

I may be available (depending on my group project team -- the other members of my team have not be amenable to gettin' our collective act together, and I'm worried it'll spill over into a sunday-night kinda thing).

Finally broke 100 since coming back. Shot a 50/47 for a 97. Still have a lot of work to do but my wedges are getting better and I did hit a few really good iron shots for once.

I may be available (depending on my group project team -- the other members of my team have not be amenable to gettin' our collective act together, and I'm worried it'll spill over into a sunday-night kinda thing).

I might be down for a beer or something.

What do tee times go for on Sunday afternoons in Charlotte? If I'm not tied up with team stuff, I'd want to play a round.

What do tee times go for on Sunday afternoons in Charlotte? If I'm not tied up with team stuff, I'd want to play a round.

Depends on where you play. Muni, Ballentyne, Birkdale, Highland Creek, they are all different. Look on the tee time websites they usually have decent deals.

Twilight round anyone? Around Raleigh-Durham :D

I have a lesson in Charlotte (Ballentine) On Sunday from 12-2pm. Anyone in the area want to get a round or 9 holes in sometime after?

I'm gonna suggest heading south of where you'll be down to Lancaster, SC to a Fuzzy Zoeller course, Edgewater Golf Club. Its a 30 min drive, but will put you closer to home. Its a great course, really inexpensive ($30 twilight rate) and shouldn't be too crowded like the courses in Charlotte should be.

Anyone else wanna join in the festivities?

I'd put myself in as a tentative yes.

Put me down as tentative, golf with THPr's, and there's a Burger 21 there near the course lol. Could set up as a wonderful day lol.

I'll try for that as well. Not sure what I'll be wearing, but I drive a VW Golf with an orange stripe.

Put me down as tentative, golf with THPr's, and there's a Burger 21 there near the course lol. Could set up as a wonderful day lol.
Marc, you referring to Edgewater? Would be great to see ya!

I'm going to go walk about 6 holes after work with an old man I work with. He's incredibly out of shape so it will be slow going but at least he's trying to lose some weight. I will probably end up playing from the yellow tees with him, but being a Donald Ross course, that's probably not a bad thing. So I will see 390 yard par 4s instead of the 430 yard par 4s from the white tees.

Google says its a 35 min drive to Edgewater from Ballantyne. Looks like Marc may join us, so is a ~3:00 tee time good?

Looks like my car servicing won't take as long as I expected. Going to get out on Thursday with Game Golf and play 18. Thank you daylight savings! I can now get out of work a bit early and still fit in a full round.

So before I start my old job next week, I'm playing most everyday this week. Was looking at some Golfnow rates for the Pinehurst area, looking for a morning then afternoon round for this Thursday and saw Little River at 9:00 then Whispering Woods at 3:00.

Ive played Little River before and liked it but not WW. Anyone played Whispering Woods?

Anyone interested in joining me or possibly somewhere else?

Last edited:
I wish I could, you'll be right in my back yard, but I am teaching all week and can't break away.

Looks like my car servicing won't take as long as I expected. Going to get out on Thursday with Game Golf and play 18. Thank you daylight savings! I can now get out of work a bit early and still fit in a full round.
You wanna play Cheraw?

Wish I could, but won't get out of car dealership until 2ish. Hoping to fit in 18 before I need to pick up the kiddo, so need to be local. Sorry.
Hit em well bud!

Got a full 9 in after work. Shot 48 on a long Donald Ross course but hit 6 of 7 fairways and had nothing over a double. Making good progress in my recovery, but still need some work under 100 yards. Better but still not good.

I hit the front 9 at Knight's Play tonight. The one par I shot was a forced carry over water, the rest of the round was crap. I'm thinking I'll be good for #regionalrivalry at this rate.

Back