Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be in Buffalo this weekend starting on Friday. Friday looks like it might be ok to golf someplace if anyone is interested in meeting up for a round

I'll be in Buffalo this weekend starting on Friday. Friday looks like it might be ok to golf someplace if anyone is interested in meeting up for a round
Haven't heard of any courses opening yet but if I do I'll post it up.

Hey Greg, not to do with Buffalo but I was down by Cable Hollow this morning and most of the snow is gone from what I could see and I imagine Thursdays warmth will finish it off even if we get a little tomorrow. Not sure how soon they would open but definately a place to keep an eye on for a possible early opening. If I find out more I will pass it on.

a course just openned around here! they say there is still some ice patches around the courses, but they are open, I might try to make a trip there this friday, the weather forecast looks good

Hey Greg, not to do with Buffalo but I was down by Cable Hollow this morning and most of the snow is gone from what I could see and I imagine Thursdays warmth will finish it off even if we get a little tomorrow. Not sure how soon they would open but definately a place to keep an eye on for a possible early opening. If I find out more I will pass it on.

Cable is a course that likes to open pretty early so I would imagine sometime after this weekend it will be go time there.

right now unless the weather really changes I will at least plan to hit up the dome while up in Buffalo. I need to get some practice in, Old Silo is in just over 2 weeks....

Still not a patch of green showing up here. Suppose to be 53 tomorrow though so hopefully that will start the melt. Heading down Albany way for the NYS Elks bowling tournament next weekend, so I'm hoping that maybe a course near by may be open so we can sneak some golf in before we bowl team event at 1pm Saturday.

Terry Hills is opening Friday 4/3...Just in time for the stretch of lousy weather. At least they're open. I'll be there in a week or so for sure.

Terry Hills is opening Friday 4/3...Just in time for the stretch of lousy weather. At least they're open. I'll be there in a week or so for sure.

Never played there but I see its walking only to start

I am getting married at Terry Hills, I haven't played it yet but it looks very nice in person. My friends who have played it say it's a nice course.

I am getting married at Terry Hills, I haven't played it yet but it looks very nice in person. My friends who have played it say it's a nice course.
It's beautiful for weddings. My cousin got married there and they do a wonderful job. As far as the course goes it's over priced for what it is. The starters always have an attitude too. Great fairways but the greens are so so at best.

Riverton and cragie brae are also open

Is anyone playing in the Buffalo area tomorrow morning?

Is anyone playing in the Buffalo area tomorrow morning?
I wish, not gonna be able to with all the family stuff this holiday weekend. I'll probably get out next week.

I might be called into work in the morning but at the very least range time will be done

I wish, not gonna be able to with all the family stuff this holiday weekend. I'll probably get out next week.
I thought WE were family? Lol

Still not a patch of green showing up here. Suppose to be 53 tomorrow though so hopefully that will start the melt. Heading down Albany way for the NYS Elks bowling tournament next weekend, so I'm hoping that maybe a course near by may be open so we can sneak some golf in before we bowl team event at 1pm Saturday.
The first course in the Albany area to normally open is The Stadium Golf Course. They announce most of their stuff on Facebook, so follow them if you aren't.

The driving range opened yesterday, but the course has yet to. And their update today said the range would be open today, but closed tomorrow and Sunday due to the cold weather (weak).

I used to bowl in the Elks tournament every year. It was a blast. I stopped bowling with the Elks a bunch of years ago (really, my dad stopped, so I had no reason to continue), but I still miss those spring bowling trips every year.

I stand corrected. Turned out to be a nice day for golf today after all, a little overcast but mid-50s. Wish I could have made it work.

chilli country club open and $22 for 18 with cart

I stand corrected. Turned out to be a nice day for golf today after all, a little overcast but mid-50s. Wish I could have made it work.
It was a great day for golf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back