Ball Choice for a Tournament

mcrobertsjmac32

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys just taking a little poll. I run a non profit fundraising golf tourney every year and was trying to figure out what kind of balls to give out. I want to give out a decent ball, but also have to keep the price down. I have narrowed it down to the Callaway Hex Warbird for 11.70 a dozen or Nike Mojo for 9.80. I personally like the Mojo but whats the consensus? Thanks for any help or insight!

I think the prior generation Bridgestone e series balls can be had for a song.

I think the prior generation Bridgestone e series balls can be had for a song.
I had originally wanted that, but could find personalization options for them for under 17.00

I'm with SOX on this one. I'd try for a deal on the e6. Great ball that almost everyone will like and appreciate.

I'm with SOX on this one. I'd try for a deal on the e6. Great ball that almost everyone will like and appreciate.
I tried to but cant get them for cheap enough with our personalization

I don't know how important the personalization is but I would rather an E6 with no logo over the Warbird or Mojo. I personally wouldn't use them and would just give them away. Contact Bridgestone and see if they can help out.

I don't know how important the personalization is but I would rather an E6 with no logo over the Warbird or Mojo. I personally wouldn't use them and would just give them away. Contact Bridgestone and see if they can help out.
We get ppl to sponsor the balls and in return we have to put their names on the ball, and we place our logo on their as well

We get ppl to sponsor the balls and in return we have to put their names on the ball, and we place our logo on their as well

Gotcha, try contacting Bridgestone or whoever and see if they can help on the price of a quality ball.

The cheaper Srixon, soft feel or whatever? They should be cheap. Also Wilson Staff balls are cheap Zip, 50, and older Duo I'd take over a Mojo.

The cheaper Srixon, soft feel or whatever? They should be cheap. Also Wilson Staff balls are cheap Zip, 50, and older Duo I'd take over a Mojo.
Soft Feels are too much $, we can afford the Srixon Marathons although ive never heard of or seen them?

Soft Feels are too much $, we can afford the Srixon Marathons although ive never heard of or seen them?
Never seen or heard of Marathon, Soft Feel is as low as I have seen. Maybe see if golfballs.com will work with you just contact them. Or maybe Wilson directly or ask JB for a contact they like THP a lot.

Never seen or heard of Marathon, Soft Feel is as low as I have seen. Maybe see if golfballs.com will work with you just contact them. Or maybe Wilson directly or ask JB for a contact they like THP a lot.
Hopefully he will see this post and offer some wisdom. Thanks!

Bridgestone e6 or the Srixon q star are both solid choices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never played a Nike ball. I played the Warbird once and shot a 75. That was my lowest score that I had ever shot, up to that time..its a cheap ball, but I'd play it.

The Wilson Staff C:25 is at Rockbottom Golf in the clearance cave for $7.48.

I've gotten logoed Wilson Ultras at tourneys before..not terrible.

The Wilson Staff C:25 is at Rockbottom Golf in the clearance cave for $7.48.
I would love to give out Wilson balls, they are cheap and in my opinion good balls. Unfortunately they have a stigma around them that they are not quality

I would love to give out Wilson balls, they are cheap and in my opinion good balls. Unfortunately they have a stigma around them that they are not quality

And the Mojo is considered high quality?

The Nike name is probably more well-known/appreciated by the average golfer than Wilson.

The Nike name is probably more well-known/appreciated by the average golfer than Wilson.

And the average golfer will lose either sleeve in one round. IMO the 50 elite (and C:25) is hands down the better ball ... but if you want to go with perception ... meh.

How would a Mojo ever be thought as a better ball than the Wilson 50

Trust me I agree with u. I game zips, 50's, and Duos exclusively. But we have come to find that with marketing and the fact that most of our golfers are "occasional" golfers they look at Nike balls and see only Tiger and Rory and think "this is way sweeter than my pinnacle, top flight, or slazinger"

Back