Coers's Spring Driver Swing,,, Need help Freddie!!!

coers

@andrewcoers
Reaction score
Groveland,IL Central Illinois/Just south of Peoria
Handicap
Well it's another year and looks like another driver swing. Started the year not using the driver much and just using the 3wd. Well im lacking alot of distance by this and want to be able to have a decent controlled driver switch. Currently my miss is a big slice.. I feel like I am rolling my arms or hand and closing the face but not seeing good results. Have tried bringing my right elbow in the down swing to prevent a out to in swing and no luck. Hope to get some help here as I need major help.. Thanks in advance :)

You're swaying forward... Keep your shoulders behind the ball. That's what stopped my slice.

On my back swing or my downswing?? And any suggestions for that.
You're swaying forward... Keep your shoulders behind the ball. That's what stopped my slice.

Bump for Freddie and Morning THPer's

Looks like you start to lean forward in your backswing and stay in front of the ball. Gotta get behind the ball and stay there :) Freddie will get you straightened out

Looks like you start to lean forward in your backswing and stay in front of the ball. Gotta get behind the ball and stay there :) Freddie will get you straightened out
Thanks Kang. I'm missing those bombs you taught me last summer. Seems like most are saying I'm getting in front of the ball. Like Zenger told Saturday when we were playing that I was stacking to much weight on my front foot. Say I'll wait for Freddie on this so I can grind at the range tomorrow..

Yeah focus on getting left shoulder behind the ball in your back swing

Yeah focus on getting left shoulder behind the ball in your back swing
Will do bud, any tips on helping with that besides holding back or more weight back.

Take a look at your lead shoulder on the down swing. It moves up. This means you have already pulled yourself out of your swing so you're open to your intended target line. It won't matter what else you do, if that shoulder moves up that club is coming across and in front of the ball.

Get those shoulders to rotate level through the zone but still maintain your spine angle.

Take a look at your lead shoulder on the down swing. It moves up. This means you have already pulled yourself out of your swing so you're open to your intended target line. It won't matter what else you do, if that shoulder moves up that club is coming across and in front of the ball.

Get those shoulders to rotate level through the zone but still maintain your spine angle.
Thanks for the tips Freddie. I'm trying to picture keeping my front shoulder down and I think if I put more weight forward on the swing it'll stay down. So your saying I need to just rotate better and that will help. Nothing about staying behind the ball or coming forward?

I am not a fan of too many tips, I think it confuses the situation. The left shoulder coming up is a big issue and if it done correctly, the rest should fall into line.

Its the raising of the left shoulder on the down swing that is causing the issues. Once you learn to rotate instead of lift. You will be behind the ball at impact and wont needto force your self to stay there. There is no slide in your move and tempo is pretty good. We just need to fix that shoulder sequence.

I like to find the issue not what the issue is causing. Fixing those only makes things worse. Work on a level shoulder turn back and through the ball.
Thanks for the tips Freddie. I'm trying to picture keeping my front shoulder down and I think if I put more weight forward on the swing it'll stay down. So your saying I need to just rotate better and that will help. Nothing about staying behind the ball or coming forward?

I am not a fan of too many tips, I think it confuses the situation. The left shoulder coming up is a big issue and if it done correctly, the rest should fall into line.

Its the raising of the left shoulder on the down swing that is causing the issues. Once you learn to rotate instead of lift. You will be behind the ball at impact and wont needto force your self to stay there. There is no slide in your move and tempo is pretty good. We just need to fix that shoulder sequence.

I like to find the issue not what the issue is causing. Fixing those only makes things worse. Work on a level shoulder turn back and through the ball.
Thanks man. I was working on this a little when I got home today. I felt that if I swinged more with shoulders that thinking of my arms I was looking better than before. In my back swing I try to keep my lower body from turning so much so I feel solid there it's just getting my hips forward sometimes is a issue. I'll work on the range tomorrow in Kentucky, hopefully some guys will read this and help me some. Thanks again.

So after this weekend I figured some things out. Remembered how to rotate around my some which was a huge problem. Problem now is I'm hitting out to in, hitting down on the ball with negative attack getting 4500-4700 backspin, and closing the face and getting slice. Any help with this Freddie and everyone else and do you want a new video?

So after this weekend I figured some things out. Remembered how to rotate around my some which was a huge problem. Problem now is I'm hitting out to in, hitting down on the ball with negative attack getting 4500-4700 backspin, and closing the face and getting slice. Any help with this Freddie and everyone else and do you want a new video?
Tee that ball up off your toe. Give yourself some spine tilt and keep your head behind the ball at impact. fell as though you are trying to hit the ball over a 50' tree.
Remember when we were kids and had to hit a pop fly with a bat and ball. Same feeling, that club face needs to be traveling up as you impact the ball.

Tee that ball up off your toe. Give yourself some spine tilt and keep your head behind the ball at impact. fell as though you are trying to hit the ball over a 50' tree.
Remember when we were kids and had to hit a pop fly with a bat and ball. Same feeling, that club face needs to be traveling up as you impact the ball.
I'll try that Freddie at the range this week. Say I tried many drivers today and yesterday and with 4500-4700 backspin and I'm only getting around 200 yards. I miss the 230-260 bombs I had last year. I hated yesterday when I hit a straight shot down the middle and it was at 200 yards and rambler was 70-90yards further.

I'll try that Freddie at the range this week. Say I tried many drivers today and yesterday and with 4500-4700 backspin and I'm only getting around 200 yards. I miss the 230-260 bombs I had last year. I hated yesterday when I hit a straight shot down the middle and it was at 200 yards and rambler was 70-90yards further.
Are you gaming a new driver?

Are you gaming a new driver?
Using a new to me Ping G25 Driver. Got fitted last year to the G25 before I got selected to the Morgan Cup so held off till this winter. 99%sure its the operator.

Using a new to me Ping G25 Driver. Got fitted last year to the G25 before I got selected to the Morgan Cup so held off till this winter. 99%sure its the operator.
You must be making contact with a very open face to see that kind of spin or pkaying a shaft that just doesn't work.

You must be making contact with a very open face to see that kind of spin or pkaying a shaft that just doesn't work.
Yea I'm doing something not right. Already talked to a guy about lesson on Thursday to check me out and fix me.

Coers,

Any news? I'm in a similar situation. Just wondered what you did.

Let us know.

Jack

Coers,

Any news? I'm in a similar situation. Just wondered what you did.

Let us know.

Jack
I ended up getting lessons with a local pro. Got me to go further out on the back swing, keeping spine angle the same in the swing and staying down on the down swing. Starting to see better distances and better shots.

Does further out, pmean a wider arc? Hands farther away from your body?

Thanks,
Jack

Does further out, pmean a wider arc? Hands farther away from your body?

Thanks,
Jack
Yep wider arc. I was coming inside on my back swing.

Thanks for the info

Thanks for the info
You're welcome. That's what were all here for to help each other out so we can be greater out there.

Back