Should i change my old T-line putter? Will i se the difference?

M.Duchesne

Reaction score
Handicap
I do have a T Line 2 pga putter ,i put pretty Well ,and the stance ,lie,and loft sits perfectly well on the ground i feel at ease .I plan to buy myself a TM Daytona 12 ghost tour...Will i realy see the difference.?i have tried the TM the only Thing that botter me is that the T Line has a Heal gooseneck type and the TM is a plumber type.

It is difficult to know without trying it. Some setup better than others to some people's eyes. Putters are extremely personal so we will not be able to answer this question for you

If it's not broke why fix it!

I know that ,but the roll is certainly better with new generation aren't they!

I do have a T Line 2 pga putter ,i put pretty Well ,and the stance ,lie,and loft sits perfectly well on the ground i feel at ease .I plan to buy myself a TM Daytona 12 ghost tour...Will i realy see the difference.?i have tried the TM the only Thing that botter me is that the T Line has a Heal gooseneck type and the TM is a plumber type.

I had a T-Line 8802 heel shafted style putter and loved it. Wish I still had it. Like everything in life and golf, putters are subjective.

The 8802 looks like ,wath is today's version of Mickelson is using on tour,, I am definitely more a blade type ,the Daytona 12 has equal to hole pace ,and the #versa 7 wich I have also tried sometimes passes the hole on misshits due to the insert I suppose ,it's the only mallet i liked...but I want to stick to the blade this being said the path on both were straight to the hole.The market has produced so many good putters .That we all get nuts !

I have a question for you. If you are putting well with your current putter why change? Is it just the "new shiny" that you want in the bag, or is it truly an improvement in putting you are looking for? Just wondering. I know personally I have quite a few putters in my collection that I rotate (not a collection the size of JMan, but getting there someday) in and out of the bag. Many new, many older. yet the one I always keep coming back to isn't new but it just works for me. I have my most consistent putting with it. And I do ask myself why I keep trying so many different ones when I know this particular one works. Hence the reason for the question.

I have a question for you. If you are putting well with your current putter why change? Is it just the "new shiny" that you want in the bag, or is it truly an improvement in putting you are looking for? Just wondering. I know personally I have quite a few putters in my collection that I rotate (not a collection the size of JMan, but getting there someday) in and out of the bag. Many new, many older. yet the one I always keep coming back to isn't new but it just works for me. I have my most consistent putting with it. And I do ask myself why I keep trying so many different ones when I know this particular one works. Hence the reason for the question.
I got a call few minutes ago and they only have 35" inches putter while I am a 34" fitting ,is this so important to stick to my plan of buying a 34" like I am supposed to have for my wrist measurements.
thanks everyone! Thank you music master very good point indeed,you are wright sometimes it is more to get in the new wave ,I don't care about the sound but efficiencys is my priority on long puts especially.

I got a call few minutes ago and they only have 35" inches putter while I am a 34" fitting ,is this so important to stick to my plan of buying a 34" like I am supposed to have for my wrist measurements.
thanks everyone! Thank you music master very good point indeed,you are wright sometimes it is more to get in the new wave ,I don't care about the sound but efficiencys is my priority on long puts especially.

It was an honest question. As I said I have the same problem at times and I know many here do. Personally I have bought a lot of my putters at 35" and I also play a 34" putter. It is pretty easy to pull the grip cut it down and re grip it.

For me cutting down and regripping ,? I would be very afraid to undo their flex point and counterbalanced initial manufactured making?

For me cutting down and regripping ,? I would be very afraid to undo their flex point and counterbalanced initial manufactured making?
1" wont really be all that noticeable. Why don't you order it from somewhere else?

I woul'nt not be worry if I was a bad golfer , I sold a "adorable" so to say ,,,a 33 " inches vintage Ping A - blade with a lot of sorrow and regrets because it was my very first putter and I could score from a sky downhill slope to a curve at the Grand Prix and it would go right in there ,that's why I am so picky and questionable ,when I sold it I knew I had done wrong ,I need this versatile tool that I can shoot from anywhere .Also getting older my back need to straighten by a higher stance..I need a brake I will be posting later.thanks to you guys.

I woul'nt not be worry if I was a bad golfer , I sold a "adorable" so to say ,,,a 33 " inches vintage Ping A - blade with a lot of sorrow and regrets because it was my very first putter and I could score from a sky downhill slope to a curve at the Grand Prix and it would go right in there ,that's why I am so picky and questionable ,when I sold it I knew I had done wrong ,I need this versatile tool that I can shoot from anywhere .Also getting older my back need to straighten.

Not sure what this means, but maybe stick with what you are gaming right now...

My old man has been gaming the same putter since he's been 12 which was in 1972. He won't switch. He's putted with a few of mine and says they feel nice, but he'd never switch.

when I have 26 putts on 18 holes on a Saturday and have 36 putts on 18 holes the next day, it is not the putters fault. Like six4three5 said, I have had the Ben Hogan 1415 putter since 1972, won matches and lost matches when it has been in the bag, but the feel and knowing my putter is the reason I will never change!

My old man has been gaming the same putter since he's been 12 which was in 1972. He won't switch. He's putted with a few of mine and says they feel nice, but he'd never switch.
The sound is my favorite part!
when I have 26 putts on 18 holes on a Saturday and have 36 putts on 18 holes the next day, it is not the putters fault. Like six4three5 said, I have had the Ben Hogan 1415 putter since 1972, won matches and lost matches when it has been in the bag, but the feel and knowing my putter is the reason I will never change!
Stay strong man!

Your old men was smart, engaged and reliable ,Childrens needs and Family first.

Maddog your so clever.!I am speechless .High five buddy.!

Now!!!! Guys wath would be the best ovverall heal shafted offset putters between 2000 and
2015. ??
Your pics!

Wath would be the best heal shafted offset putter made from the past?

Wath would be the best heal shafted offset putter made from the past?

Your pics!

Back