KUJayhawks

Reaction score
Handicap
Robin Arthur's latest creation, the XCaliber T6+ Stiff shaft. The clubmaker at my store is great friends with Arthur and has been telling me to try one. Apparently T Woods will be playing one soon so keep an eye out. I'm taking it out now for a quick 9 so I'll let you know how it goes.

IMG_0193.jpg

I thought T Woods was very happy with the latest GD shaft, but I assume you are kidding about that part. I cannot imagine someone on tour playing a "stock (sub $50)" shaft. I am also assuming that this is similar to the other Arther shafts, so I may be wrong.

I would just think the composite makeup would not suit their games.

Keep us updated on how it is working for you.

No he wont be playing that exact shaft but might be playing a similar version of it. At least he ordered a bunch of them from Robin. And the pricing doesn't really have anything to do with it. This shaft could be $300 if he wanted it to be but he doesn't believe in people paying more than $100 for a shaft.

No he wont be playing that exact shaft but might be playing a similar version of it. At least he ordered a bunch of them from Robin. And the pricing doesn't really have anything to do with it. This shaft could be $300 if he wanted it to be but he doesn't believe in people paying more than $100 for a shaft.

If you listen to our shaft expert from the radio show, he clearly explains why some shafts cost more than others. It has nothing to do with marketing really and everything to do with the materials that make up the shaft. The more fillers used can bring the cost down. I am going to contact the company tomorrow and see what they say about the TW thing.

No reason to doubt you obviously, but a couple of things come to mind. TW does NOT order any shafts. The Oven/Tour Van works with shaft manufacturers and they do all that stuff. Then they conduct fitting and make a fit together. Every shaft company we have ever contacted says the same thing about it. The second thing, is that many higher end shafts actually cost more than $100 to produce due to their makeup.

Okay, back with a quick update. Nike does not have these shafts at the Oven. They said they will usually get some of Robin's shafts in at some point for testing. They respect his work from his days at Graffaloy, but have not done too much with his own line.

According to the latest Darrell Survey, none of his shafts are in play right now on the PGA.

None of this means that it is not a good shaft. Robin makes excellent shafts and with so many options, they can make a solid choice for consumers.

thanks for getting the scoop JB!

Thanks for the info JB. I just got off the course and loved the new shaft. I've been playing this regular flex shaft for far too long and the difference is incredible. Hit it much more accurately and at least 15 more yards. It may not work for everyone but it definitely did for me. If someone is looking for a great shaft for a great price I would recommend trying this

I eyeball those shafts every time I get a new golfworks catalog, thanks for the review. Definitely will try one soon, they're too cheap to pass up.

I play a Harrison Saga in my driver that cost around $50, I know shafts are suited to individuals but I can't imagine a shaft performing much better so I have no problem playing another "cheap" shaft.

I eyeball those shafts every time I get a new golfworks catalog, thanks for the review. Definitely will try one soon, they're too cheap to pass up.

I play a Harrison Saga in my driver that cost around $50, I know shafts are suited to individuals but I can't imagine a shaft performing much better so I have no problem playing another "cheap" shaft.

Have you tried other things such as the UST Attas, Miyazaki, PX, etc??? I too like the Harrison Saga, but I did not think the feel was even close to the same level I got out of the others mentioned.

There is nothing wrong with any of the less expensive shafts. Nothing at all. Heck some of htem are phenomenal. It is about finding a shaft that is perfect for your swing.

But the OP said Look for TW to be playing it soon and I think that if the creator is using that as a marketing tool (which of course he is, why else say it), perhaps it should be verified hence the reason I made the calls I made.

JB i blame you for my shaft trouble ( just messin) i was a solid believer of all things Mitsubishi Rayon and then all of the sudden JB says well give these Miyazaki a go, well needless to say i am now out 250 bucks, but my Miyazaki Blue will be here next week. i have the JaVLN in there right now and i love it however the Blue just felt sooooo good and was so smooth through my swing transition i had to have one. Thanks for the GREAT advice JB keep up the good work

I wish I had a place nearby that I could test one of these Miyazaki's. I might just have to wait till the fall outing

Well I talked to our clubmaker again today and he reassured me that TW or at least some one affiliated with TW ordered custom shafts from Arthur. Also said that Gary Woodland is playing them right now and loving them.

Out for another round tomorrow morning so let you know how it goes.

not to step on any toes but didnt TW just spend like a month trying to find a shaft he liked finally settling on the GD product, switching from the Diamana WhiteBoard wasnt it

Well I talked to our clubmaker again today and he reassured me that TW or at least some one affiliated with TW ordered custom shafts from Arthur. Also said that Gary Woodland is playing them right now and loving them.

Out for another round tomorrow morning so let you know how it goes.

Not to argue or anything, but the latest Darrell Survey from his last tournament shows different.

WOODLAND, GARY TITL. (3-9; 710 MB) TITL. (1; 909 D3; 8.5; ALDILA RIP (TITA))
TITL. (3; 909 F3; 15.0; (M))
TITL. (5; 909 F3; 18.0; (M))

not to step on any toes but didnt TW just spend like a month trying to find a shaft he liked finally settling on the GD product, switching from the Diamana WhiteBoard wasnt it

Yes. Could he change again? Of course he could. But it seemed off since he had gone through the testing so we called the Nike Tour Rep. He gave us the info we reported above.

Last edited:
I thought Tiger had the Diamana back in the driver for the last 2 tournaments? Granted while watching Saturdays round the last thing I was thinking was, I wonder what kind of shaft he has in the driver today...

I thought Tiger had the Diamana back in the driver for the last 2 tournaments? Granted while watching Saturdays round the last thing I was thinking was, I wonder what kind of shaft he has in the driver today...

He has bounced back and forth from the Diamana to the GD but I know in the Darrell Survey they are listed him with the GD at the US Open. That is only for 2 of the rounds though.

He has bounced back and forth from the Diamana to the GD but I know in the Darrell Survey they are listed him with the GD at the US Open. That is only for 2 of the rounds though.

Was is the GD one he used at the Masters? I know he had the Fubuki in for a couple of tournaments this year as well(Quail Hollow and Players)

Was is the GD one he used at the Masters? I know he had the Fubuki in for a couple of tournaments this year as well(Quail Hollow and Players)

I can only go by what we have in the Darrell Survey. At the Masters

NIKE (1; VR TOUR; 9.5; GRAPHITE DESIGN TOUR AD DI(TITA))
NIKE (3; SQ SUMO; 15.0; (M))
NIKE (5; SQ SUMO; 19.0; (M))

thats crazy JB where do you get that it would be kinda cool to see what some of these guys actually have in the bag as opposed to just seeing TM's list saying we have x amount in the field and only listing their A team guys

thats crazy JB where do you get that it would be kinda cool to see what some of these guys actually have in the bag as opposed to just seeing TM's list saying we have x amount in the field and only listing their A team guys

It is the Darrell Survey and unfortunately not available for consumers. But we can give you information as someone requests it and do our best to stay on top of things.

id just kinda like to know what Dustin was gaming the first rounds of the US open, im convinced someone switched the water in the final round so i dont care about that one

His driver has not changed in a while. R9 original with Motore F1 X shaft.

thanks back to the original thread for a minute, i have never seen any of Robin Arthurs shafts anywhere, now the place i primarily go has Graffaloy and GD and the others but never any of his solo work, why is that is he picky about who he sells to or is it that there is just no demand so places around here (ATL) don't carry it?

thanks back to the original thread for a minute, i have never seen any of Robin Arthurs shafts anywhere, now the place i primarily go has Graffaloy and GD and the others but never any of his solo work, why is that is he picky about who he sells to or is it that there is just no demand so places around here (ATL) don't carry it?

I think you have answered your own question. There are so many great companies producing solid shafts that many brands get lost in the shuffle. Especially brands that are geared more towards the component sector (not saying his is, but some would argue that).

Hmm interesting stuff. Maybe he's just feeding me BS. Thanks for checking.

Back