#TheHandCraftedExperience Travel / Extra Rounds and Activities Thread

Big $$ there though - weekend rate is $210! :beat-up:

I wonder if there is a twilight rate. We can look Carlsbad area.

Mission bay sounds cool. I like the idea of Torrey North or Coronado or Maderas or something nice that morning, followed by some sight seeing, a good dinner, and then Mission bay after dinner. Althought that may be too busy of a day :)

I wonder if there is a twilight rate. We can look Carlsbad area.

Mission bay sounds cool. I like the idea of Torrey North or Coronado or Maderas or something nice that morning, followed by some sight seeing, a good dinner, and then Mission bay after dinner. Althought that may be too busy of a day :)

That actually could work nice considering I'll probably be looking to stay closer to the airport Saturday night, and Mission Bay is pretty darn close to the airport. Plus, night golf is fun!

That actually could work nice considering I'll probably be looking to stay closer to the airport Saturday night, and Mission Bay is pretty darn close to the airport. Plus, night golf is fun!

Mission bay is very fun. Holes are short in yardage and size but once the sun goes down, its get a little challenging. I believe last 18 hole tee time is 7:30-8:00pm because lights turn off at 10pm. it's a great place to golf but have fun and enjoy friendly banter.

Mission bay is very fun. Holes are short in yardage and size but once the sun goes down, its get a little challenging. I believe last 18 hole tee time is 7:30-8:00pm because lights turn off at 10pm. it's a great place to golf but have fun and enjoy friendly banter.

Being from San Diego and given that we'll probably be playing Torrey South on Wednesday....What would you suggest as the best 1-2 punch for Saturday?

Being from San Diego and given that we'll probably be playing Torrey South on Wednesday....What would you suggest as the best 1-2 punch for Saturday?

Based on what he said, I think Torrey North-->touristing/food-->Mission could be awesome!

If we were trying to do Carlsbad as well as Torrey, it might make more sense to do Carlsbad in the morning and Torrey in the afternoon since it's closer to SD.

We're now inside the 90 day window for booking at Torrey Pines. I think we should get a head count for Torrey South on Wednesday and Torrey North on Saturday and have someone book the course if possible (especially Torrey South).

We're now inside the 90 day window for booking at Torrey Pines. I think we should get a head count for Torrey South on Wednesday and Torrey North on Saturday and have someone book the course if possible (especially Torrey South).

If you try to book now, you'll have a better chance of getting your desired tee time but each member of the tee time will have to pay an advanced booking fee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you try to book now, you'll have a better chance of getting your desired tee time but each member of the tee time will have to pay an advanced booking fee

Any idea if the fee is a non-refundable part of the green fee or an addition to the green fee?

If it's in addition to the green fee, I wonder when you can book without the fee.

Any idea if the fee is a non-refundable part of the green fee or an addition to the green fee?

If it's in addition to the green fee, I wonder when you can book without the fee.

The fee is in addition the greens fees and is non refundable (have to love city owned courses). City residents can book for free 7 days before Intended day of play. Not 100% sure about non residents.

So if we get a city resident to play with us we're probably good to not pay the fee?

Sidenote, what are you doing Wed PM and Sat AM alez? :D

I'm 100% in for Saturday at either Torrey Pines course. I think the early booking is smart to ensure we definitely have a time.

I'm cool with the early booking fee to guarantee we can play. I don't want to chance missing out. I'll call Torrey tomorrow and see what our best options are.

Right now, it looks like there are 3 of us (me, cpljohnst, and Spivey) who are up for Torrey South on Wednesday, and 6 of us for Torrey North on Saturday AM (me, cpljohnst, Spivey, StanTheCaddy, SkiBumGolfer, and Awkward Silience).

For those of us who play Sat AM, we can probably wing it for Sat PM when we get close to finishing Torrey.

I know it's probably next to impossible and expensive but does anyone was to do both Torrey Pines courses on Saturday? Just throwing it out there as an option.

I'm game for it and playing something else nice on Wednesday PM. I think the original idea was to save a few bucks, but an extra hundred or two won't break the bank for such a cool trip. I'm flexible with whatever.

I'm game for it and playing something else nice on Wednesday PM. I think the original idea was to save a few bucks, but an extra hundred or two won't break the bank for such a cool trip. I'm flexible with whatever.

It seems like we'll have more people for Saturday, why not try the Torrey double. It would surely cut down on travel. It would be a fun day to play both courses in the same day. If we were going to do 2 on Saturday that would be my preference.

It seems like we'll have more people for Saturday, why not try the Torrey double. It would surely cut down on travel. It would be a fun day to play both courses in the same day. If we were going to do 2 on Saturday that would be my preference.

I'm game. Coronado or something else on Wednesday would be fun.

I'm game with whatever for Saturday. If we aren't playing Torrey on Wednesday though, than I'm likely going to be out for golf that day. With coming from the east coast the flights just don't work well for flying and golfing the same day. I'll just plan on flying in Wednesday, that will save me the hotel stay for having to fly in the day before for a Torrey South round.

I'm game with whatever for Saturday. If we aren't playing Torrey on Wednesday though, than I'm likely going to be out for golf that day. With coming from the east coast the flights just don't work well for flying and golfing the same day. I'll just plan on flying in Wednesday, that will save me the hotel stay for having to fly in the day before for a Torrey South round.

I've already booked my 6 AM flight out of BHam so I'm game for Wednesday. I can play Torrey Wednesday and Saturday. I'll bow out of the playing which course on which day discussion for a bit for those who have a tighter schedule and I'll just go with whatever the group decides :)

I really want to play Torrey South. One of my dream courses. I don't mind doing it on Wednesday or Saturday, whichever fits best for the rest of the group.

Having said that my personal preference would be fly in on Tuesday, get a good night rest, play Torrey South at Twilight on Wednesday to save some money and insure that we can get on. For Saturday, I'd rather play just one round Torrey South or North is fine, or even somewhere else. Then enjoy some food/nightlife in the Gas Lamp District that evening. Thinking here is that we might be shifting hotels for Friday night. Wasn't that what I read in the event thread?

Someone mentioned moving closer to the airport on Saturday night. I'll go with the group. I'm with you, I just want to make sure we play the South course.

Here's an alternative:
1) For those of us who can make it Wednesday, we can play Torrey South then.
2) We can all play Torrey North Saturday morning.
3) That leaves Saturday afternoon flexible for the group. Some could play the South. Some could go out. Some could get in a 2nd round at a different course.

We'll see what a few more people's preferences are and then take some kind of vote on how to best plan everything.

I really want to play Torrey South. One of my dream courses. I don't mind doing it on Wednesday or Saturday, whichever fits best for the rest of the group.

Having said that my personal preference would be fly in on Tuesday, get a good night rest, play Torrey South at Twilight on Wednesday to save some money and insure that we can get on. For Saturday, I'd rather play just one round Torrey South or North is fine, or even somewhere else. Then enjoy some food/nightlife in the Gas Lamp District that evening. Thinking here is that we might be shifting hotels for Friday night. Wasn't that what I read in the event thread?

I'll say that given the choice I'd really like to play the South course as well. I'm also fine with playing 1 or 2 rounds on Saturday. I'm getting in Wednesday night so I can't play Wednesday. My preference for Saturday would be Torrey Pines South then call it and experience the non-golf aspects of SD for the rest of the day or play both Torrey Pines courses Saturday and head out for just the evening.

I would like to play Torrey Pines South. The only day I am certain to play is Wednesday, would like to play Torrey then. Twilight would work very well for me.
I will try to get a Sat round in, but at this point, I cannot commit to a Sat round.

Sorry I've been out of the discussion all day gents, was driving back from Kamloops all day. Sounds like the overwhelming majority of folks are set on the South, so that sounds fine to me. I can't do Wednesday due to work vacation time constraints, but I am game for however much golfing and other merriment people are up for on Saturday (and Friday night for that matter :drinks:). The biggest thing that I'm concerned with is that I play at least one of the Torrey courses, and it sounds like I'll be covered there in spades.

I've gone ahead and booked my flight and rental car. I'll be arriving Tuesday afternoon and staying downtown for 1 night. Probably head to Petco Field that night for Braves vs Padres.

I'm up for Torrey South on Wednesday. I'll play wherever on Saturday morning, don't mind playing South or North. Haven't booked hotel for rest of trip yet.

Have a full size rental car for Tuesday through Sunday morning for $263 including tax. Will be happy to share the vehicle with a couple of others.

Good to hear Barry. Hoping to book up my flights pretty soon as well. Will update once I get it figured.

It sounds to me like it makes the most sense to do South Wed PM, and North Sat AM - do folks agree? We could also split the group into South and North on Sat if needed.

Back