The best shot of the round

Still two holes left to finish my 36 but this is going to be it.

4b3f53a91134fb8d96fdb77f8cb6eba5.jpg

154 into a tiered green, pin back Right top tier, wind I face and I'm tired as eff so I hit a smooth 8i to here.

Nice shot James. That green looks great.

Nice shot James. That green looks great.

Thank you! First round in about 20 where I finally felt comfortable again to go AT holes.

They are in pristine shape, love it, one of the few bent green courses in the area.

This was my best shot last night. A PW from 130 yards on a hole that gives me FITS (large hill runs right-to-left, so I always have a BS lie).

655b1490dce1d081b30db1dcc309d820.jpg

And how about the shape of that green?! Gross.

Went out cold after work, no range time. First hole is a par 5, tee shot goes way right. Second shot, I straight top a 5w into the cedar trees separating the 1st and 18th holes. Ball kicks out a little to a bare spot, about 185 to a front pin. Hit a 6i over the tall pines lining the fairway going right at the flag to about 8 feet short. Tap in par after two really poor shots was a good way to start.

A few for me tonight.

1st hole, 8 guys watching on the tee, stepped up and pounded driver down the middle. Led to a birdie.

7th hole after finding a bunker off the tee. Hit a FW bunker shot from 130 to 3' for another birdie.

18th hole after piping a drive I had 215 yards left to get on the par 5 in two. 4 hybo to just right of the green from there.

A tough Par 4 dog leg right that has been my nemesis lately. After a decent tee shot, I hit a 52 degree wedge over the trees from about 122 yards to about 4 feet past the hole.

Missed a tough downhill putt but was really pleased with the approach shot.

Last edited:
There weren't many today but the feeling of the drive on my last hole was long and straight, great way to finish up the tee game.

I skulled my wedge on a par 5 over the green on to some first cut behind and above the green. As I didn't think chipping was a good option because of the severe slope, I putted from about 45-50 feet behind and above the green. Went in for birdie!

This was a 5 deep from 244 yards that landed about a foot from the cup. It's too bad it released…

32b00be3d805eec87baccf56818c698c.jpg

Who says you can't hit a 5 Deep off the deck out of the first cut of rough?

This was a 5 deep from 244 yards that landed about a foot from the cup. It's too bad it released…

32b00be3d805eec87baccf56818c698c.jpg

Who says you can't hit a 5 Deep out off the deck of the first cut of rough?
Nice shot Pete. I like hitting woods off the first cut instead of the fairway. Sometimes sets up kinda like the ball is on a tee.

Had this today on par 5, 14th hole. 478 yds. Went driver 7 iron from 181 to about 15 ft for eagle putt. View attachment 20087

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best shot for me today was on the par 3 17th. Hit a nice high 7 iron pin high and about 15 feet away. Sank the putt for my second birdie of the day.

Played in a 4-man scramble yesterday. We started on the #1 handicapped hole. Par 4, 431 yards up the hill. OB right. I was the B player on the team as we had a former college golfer on out team who could absolutely bomb it. 10-15 yards past me all day, but he struggled to keep it in the fairway. I pumped one up the right center and he hooked his right OB. We had 166 to the pin and I hit an 8 iron that had a small draw on it and dropped it in tight for a kick in birdie.

11113875_833189790806_1680217984600647872_n.jpg

15th hole today, 570 yard par 5. I hit a poor tee shot, probably only 210 yards ish that left me a long way home. I proceeded to then smash my 3W with a nice tight draw center cut about 129 out. Wind was at my face, so I took extra club an dropped a 9i within a foot and kicked that in for a birdie. First birdie on that hole!

Par 5 9th.. had a decent drive that left me about 240 to the hole. With water to the left of the green, hit my 3 hybrid to fade back towards the green..Ended up hitting it really well, got a nice bounce and rolled just off the back of the green..

Followed with a great chip and lipped out the birdie putt.

Short sided my approach to the right, ball ended up in a "valley". Was about 5 yards below the hole, and the ball was sitting up a bit. Took the 60*, opened it up, and tried to pull of my best Phil Mickelson-special. Flopped it up beautifully, but couldn't see where it landed. When I climbed back up I was pretty happy to see it was a foot from the cup.

Yesterday sank a 10' for birdie

Two iron shots that hinted at better ball striking and are not part of my regular repertoire: a SW from 105 that spun back 3 feet and a perfectly straight and high 5i playing to about 185.

Not your normal best shot...I had gotten myself into a bit of trouble by pulling my drive left. The ball was up against the brush on the left side. My second shot I had no backswing and despite my attempt to just knock it out into the fairway, I barely got the club on it and moved it about a foot. The shot of the day came on the third shot when with a still restricted backswing and a difficult angle, I played a little low-running hook pitch with an 8-iron onto the green to about 10 feet and then drained the putt for an outstanding par.

I witnessed this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only on 11, but I think I can already book this smooth 8 iron on a 155 yard par 3 as my best shot of the day.

f612b3e9ff8d202ad21bc49b03d976ae.jpg

Nothing specific. Just hit several good wedge shots today.

Not a ton today, but hit what might be the longest drive I've ever hit. Measured it at just under 270., and split the fairway.

Hole 3, par 4, had a little less than 150 uphill a bit with some swirling wind. Hit a perfectly flush 8i to about 3 feet for bird.

My best shot was one that went exactly as I had planned. Dogleg right, about 205 to the dogleg woth 200 in from there, but if you clear the trees, you can get a much shorter approach shot. I hit my driver high, easily clearing the trees and over the corner of the dogleg. 270 yards total which left me 100 yards to go. I love when a plan works out.

Back