Golf Ball Review - Blind Ball Testing

I love the fact that the mystery ball that you shot a 49 on the front with, was the same ball that you shot a 40 on the back with... Lol

Dax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha yeah I mentioned it in the reveal thread. I'm a headcase and I absolutely knew it was going to be the same ball strictly to make me look like a crazy person. Haha

Was finally able to get out yesterday and play the mystery ball. Although I was only able to play 9 holes on a par 3, it was slow so I was able to play the mystery ball along with the E6 and ChromeSoft. So I headed off knowing I was going to (hopefully) play all 3 balls for the entire 9 holes. Rather than discuss the ChromeSoft and E6, I will just talk about the blank ball and how it compared to the other 2. It did seem that the blank ball was slightly less durable than the other 2. I lost an E6 on the first shot of the round, but outside of that I played the same 3 balls the entire round. The blank ball had a scuff mark from using my Callaway MD2, but left the other 2 balls unaffected. I didn't use the MD2 until the last hole. The scuff wasn't major, but was enough to leave a little white residue on the club face. The three balls all played pretty much the same for me. I felt like I was more effective with the ChromeSoft, but not so far above the other 2 that I wouldn't gladly play either of them. Distance-wise they were all similar, which is to be expected when you are playing all short irons. All 3 balls seemed to stick pretty well on the green, though the ChromeSoft was stopping within a few feet while the blank ball and the E6 were more in the 10-15 feet range. The blank ball was just fine putting for me. Overall, the blank ball and the E6 performed very closely for me and the Chromesoft was slightly better for my game. I had tested the E6 prior and really liked it, so the fact that the blank ball seems to stack up well to it leads to a positive review in my mind. I know that the identity of the blank ball has been revealed, and I haven't looked yet, so I am excited to see what it is. Seems at least in the realm of possibility that it is an E6.

Cool to follow along, and re-read some of the posts, especially now knowing what the blind ball was!
Thanks for so many good updates, testers!

Just wanted to make sure I said thanks to THP and Bridgestone for a great testing opportunity. This was fun and educational.

Just wanted to make sure I said thanks to THP and Bridgestone for a great testing opportunity. This was fun and educational.

Whole-heartedly seconded. This was my first experience with Bridgestone balls and I came away very impressed. This testing also made me pay way more attention to the ball than I ever have before.

Back